>> Simple Plugin Req << Delete File

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Eepmageep, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Eepmageep

I would like a plugin that can A) either delete a file in a particular folder or B) delete the content of the file. Option B is preferable. It should also work from console.

Commands:
    /deletefile <location>

Location would be formatted like: /plugins/PermissionsEX/config.yml
    If you have another way to do the format, sure, go ahead. That is just an example.

Permissions:
    deletefile.command - Permission to run the command

EDIOT: @mrCookieSlime would you be interested in doing this?

2. Offline

shades161

I may be able to make this (should be pretty simple) but, can I ask why? like, why not just delete the file on your own?

timtower likes this.
  3. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Eepmageep Based on my knowledge about file systems: you can't delete something that is in use. Plugins won't like it and will probably crash because of it.

shades161 likes this.
  4. Offline

shades161

@timtower Unless it were a file (Such as a kit) that was custom for itself. Like a plugin makes kits, each kit is saved in a different file say examplekit.yml and you "Delete" the kit, but the plugin doesn't delete the file. (Though thats unlikely) That is the only real use I would see for a plugin like this.

5. Online

@shades161 My plugins save again in the onDisable though so deleting the file would be useless.

shades161 likes this.
  6. Offline

Eepmageep

I use a plugin called CommandSync. It allows you to run a command on all Bungee servers from one server (you have to install a proxy version on proxy server, and server version on all the connected servers). It logs all the commands it has to do in a file called data.txt, and then does it. However, there is a well-known bug, as the plugin is not being updated by the developer, that upon restart, the plugin will run every command ever done by re-reading the data.txt. Someone provided the solution: use a script to constantly delete the file if you have VPS. But I don't have VPS, and don't know how to write a script. So I want a plugin that can delete the file, so I can have a scheduler run the command for deleting it every hour or so. It doesn't matter if the plugin crashes, I can have a scheduler reload the plugin like clockwork. I hope this helps.

7. Offline

shades161

@Eepmageep Bukkit doesn't support bungee servers as it forces servers into offline mode. Sorry.

8. Offline

Eepmageep

@shades161 With all due respect, I feel like you just looked at my post, saw the word "Bungee" and responded with that, instead of reading my post. I said that I need a Bukkit plugin to delete a file to fix a Bungee plugin.

9. Offline

shades161

@Eepmageep No, I read it. But it says in the rules of the forum that the forums don't support offline servers, as it allows for hackers and such. And since bungee forces servers into offline mode, this forum can't help. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been locked by a moderator yet. The spigotmc website would be a place to go for you, since bungee is a spigot resource.

10. Offline

Eepmageep

There wasn't any issue until I said I had a Bungee server/offline mode server. I'm not asking for any support or anything, I just need a plugin :/ I don't think the rule applies here, because I'm not getting support. Me having a Bungee server should not preclude me from using any part of the Bukkit forum's utilities.

11. Online

Locked.
    Offline mode is not supported in any way. And yes, those rules apply on the entire forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.