Filled SignExploitFix

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by LordOfPex, Dec 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LordOfPex

Plugin category: Utilities.

Suggested name: SignExploitFix

What I want: I'd like a plugin that blocks players from creating Essentials buy & sell signs (admin shop signs).
    Some players know an exploit for it and i need a plugin to prevent that from happening.
    I need the plugin to send the player a message that i can define in config, and cancel the creation of the sign, only if the plugin detects that the player tried to make essentials buy or sell sign.

I know players can't create these signs without the correct essentials permission, But they can use an exploit (I know the exploit) and they can create these signs with this exploit, So I really need this plugin to prevent a massive destruction of the server.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions:
    signfix.bypass - Permission to bypass the restriction and be able to create the signs.
    signfix.notify - Permission to get notifications about someone that tries to make an essentials buy/sell sign.

When I'd like it by: Soon as possible. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  2. Offline

grrocks

Whats the exploit lol you need to tell us so we can fix it Im guessing it is the color signs? &1[Buy]?

3. Offline

LordOfPex

@grrocks
    Yes, it is the color codes exploit.

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@LordOfPex Wouldn't it be better to get the Essentials team to fix this?

Firestar311 likes this.
  5. Offline

LordOfPex

@timtower

I already did a few times, But no response :p
    Also I need this plugin as even a temporary fix until (if) they will fix it.

6. Offline

oliver276

@LordOfPex
    As far as I know, that would only work if the players had the Essentials permission to create coloured signs. If they didn't, I'm sure that the signs wouldn't work. Try denying them of the coloured sign permission (probably something like essentials.sign.color). Tag me if this solution doesn't work, and I'll make a plugin for you, whereby anyone (without the required permission) that writes anything containing (ignores caps) 'essentials', gets that sign removed from where it was placed.

7. Offline

pie_flavor

Whenever I use signs for anything, I toss a couple of random color codes around to throw off would-be exploiters.

8. Why don't you register the signs? That way you can't exploit it? :eek:

9. Offline

LordOfPex

@oliver276
    I already removed the colors Permission, but I got donators that suppose to be able to have colors in signs, and this is also why I need the plugin.

If you can make the plugin it will really help :)

10. Offline

oliver276

@LordOfPex
    I see. So it's intentional that people have the colour codes for signs. I'll work on this now. I'll keep you 'posted' ;). Would you like a warning sent to all players who have the permission "signexploitfix.notify" that somebody tried to exploit it (name, location & world)?

Edit: nvm, I need to read more - you said you did in the description :p

Edit #2: Done, making a home for it over on BukkitDev.

Edit #3: Done, here's the page : http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/signexploitfix/ . For some reason, the page can't be displayed. Be aware that the moderators of Bukkit have, as of yet, reviewed neither the file nor the project, so the file may not be visible to you.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  11. Offline

LordOfPex

@oliver276
    I'll try it out when it gets approved.

Thanks so much!

12. Offline

LordOfPex

@oliver276
    The plugin still not approved or either rejected (?).
    It keep saying 'This project is under moderation' for so long.

Can you mabye send a direct download link here please? :p

13. Offline

oliver276

@LordOfPex I believe it has been moderated now. Sorry for the delay, I've been busy

14. Offline

LordOfPex

@oliver276
    The page has been deleted, aka it wasn't approved I guess (?)

15. Offline

oliver276

16. Offline

LordOfPex

@oliver276
    It has been approved as far as I see, But there is no 'Download' button that I can press, There is only 'Ticket' button.

17. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Files take longer to approve and have a different queue as far as I know, can be wrong about the different queue though.

18. Offline

LordOfPex

@timtower
    Oh I see, I didn't know that one. Good to know, Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.