Sign Protection

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by FlOppy, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Offline

FlOppy

Hello, I would like a plugin which can protect an area arround a sign.

How it works: You place a sign and arround this sign all the block in a radius pre-configured (default 20 blocks) all the blocks can't be broken only the owner of the placed sign.

Cool features:

-Add a permission to set who can make those kind of signs.
    -Add a config where you can modify the size radius of the sign protection and the number of total sign a player can make so he can't protect everything arround. (default 3).

Thank you for reading if you need more answers just ask me good night.

2. Offline

Chaositic

While I can see why you'd want a standalone plugin for that one feature, you're better off using these 3 plugins:
    Worldguard which requires Worldedit to run.
    And then to have an area that is owned by one person you could use this plugin Simple Region Market and that's where you come in as an admin. You set the region using your worldedit wand (wooden axe using //wand) to set the cubed region and you type
    /region define NameOfRegion
    and then setup a sign like this:
    [​IMG]
    on the region. You're making the region radiuses that players get and you can always change them yourself by typing:
    /region redefine RegionName
    after selecting a bigger radius. There are some extra benefits to using worldguard for this as well because of the flags you get. So for example, if you wanted no mobs to spawn in a protected player's region, you would type:
    /region flag RegionName mob-spawning deny

I hope this helps you out.

3. Offline

ddeckys

I think he want to have the users be able to place a sign wherever they want for protection without having an administrator create a new region or whatnot.

4. Offline

MiniDigger

NFlOppy do you want the sig to create a wordguard region?

5. Offline

FlOppy

Thank you ddeckys he got my point... But i really don't get you sometimes you are stupid or what if i ask a new plugin i know that plugin does not exist the way i want it so why when i ask for a plugin someone comes and give me three different plugin which are all shitty i hate worlduard and all...

My server is a free server i don't have any protection plugin on it if someone wants to explode the house of his friend or anyone else wirh a TNT he can do that., i wanted to have a sign placed only for one thing (quest builder), so the quest would be protected.

At the moment that's my problem anyway i don't want this plugin anymore i need to find another way to make quests not destructible but only quest not a house and that ain't the easy part.

Thank you have a good day.

6. Offline

Epicwun

FlOppy
    Well if you need help with a standalone protection plugin let me know.
    I'll help you knock it out.

7. Offline

FlOppy

Thank you but forthe moment i only need a good idea, so i am digging my mind nothing yet. ^^