Solved Sign not updating?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Axanite, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Axanite

Okay, so I am developing a notes plugin for a build team I am in... and pretty much, the concept of the plugin is that you will be able to a command which is /notes <note> and it will place a sign at the location of your player. On this sign, it will have something like [NOTE] on the first line then underneath a randomly generated number which will act as an ID. Here's where it messes up. When I'm trying to get it to update the sign to show the text, it won't update - not even when I re-log. I've looked around a ton for things to help me and I've tried everything people have said in other threads but none have worked.

Any chance somebody can help me?

CODE: http://pastebin.com/rgk5DvdJ

2. Offline

Deleted user

What do you mean exactly?

3. Offline

Axanite

Okay, so I've made it so my code places down a sign where you are standing when you run the command /notes <note>, which effectively is adding a note to the plugin.

The sign is placed, and I've made it so it should make the sign have a bold [NOTE] on the first line of the sign. It does not. The thing is, I've read threads about the sign updating and people have suggested re-logging on to the server and it should work. In some instances, this may work... apparently not for mine. It still does not show the text on the sign.

4. sign.update(); ?

5. Offline

Axanite

I've already tried that.

6. replace sign.update(true); with sign.update();

7. Offline

Axanite

I got it to work - thank you :)

FisheyLP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.