Show players visual chest open/close effect?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by DarkBladee12, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DarkBladee12

Hey guys, how can I show all players that a chest is opening/closing? I tried it with Packet132TileEntityData, but I didn't manage to open the chest... Does anyone know a solution?

2. Offline

fireblast709

player.openInventory()?

3. Offline

DarkBladee12

fireblast709 I don't want the players to open an inventory! I mean the VISUAL chest open/close animation...

Does no one know a solution? :( Or is it not possible?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  4. Offline

MP5K

hello DarkBladee12,
    i think (please correct me if i'm wrong) the Effect should be client side like the arm swing / clouds etc.

5. Offline

hockeygoalie5

Here's an idea: Create a fake player entity and use it to open the chest. This way, no real player must open the chest and it will still open. Let me know if you can't figure out how to do and I'll give you some code!

6. Offline

psycowithespn

You can do it through player.playNote(Location, byte, byte). The first byte is always 1 with a chest. The second byte is 1 if you want it to open and 0 if you want it to close. This does not play the chest opening sound, mind you.

7. Offline

hockeygoalie5

He wants the chest to open visually, not just play the sound.

8. Offline

psycowithespn

That is what i said, it does the animation, not the sound. The note packet controls the chest animation for some reason.

WarmakerT and bobacadodl like this.
  9. Offline

hockeygoalie5

Oh, strange. Why call it on player, though? Does Block not have a playNote method? chest.playNote(chest.getLocation(), 1, (open == 1) ? (byte) 0 : (byte) 1);

10. Offline

fireblast709

Its because the name is kinda misleading ;D
    DarkBladee12
    Code:java
    1. Packet54PlayNoteBlock packet = new Packet54PlayNoteBlock(x, y, z, 1, 1, 54);

11. Offline

DarkBladee12

psycowithespn Thanks for the answer, I'll try that ;)

psycowithespn works perfect!!! Thanks so much :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  12. Offline

dillyg10

This seems to not work on enderchests (IK old post) but it works on normal chests... For enderchests it will just play once, then immediately close.

13. Offline

DarkBladee12

dillyg10 That's strange, but it's fine cause I only needed this for normal chests ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.