Shards

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Gubbie, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Gubbie

Plugin category: Fun

Minecraft version: 1.8.9

Suggested name: Custom Soul-Shards

What I want: That you can open these shards, you have a chance to unlock it forever, if not, a chest will appear with the items that the kit contains.
    If you unlock it, you will land on a Emerald Block, if you don't, you will land on White Stained Glass (I'd appreciate it if they're renamed) If you unlock it, a message will come in public chat saying:
    (Player-Name) unlocked the (Kit-Name) Soul Kit!

P.S. I want to use this plugin on a SkyBlock server, so is there a way that it spawns in a certain place? (Your Island dropzone)

Ideas for commands:
    /createshard (Shard-Name)

/removeshard (Shard-Name)
    /editshard (Shard-Name)
    /nameshard (Shard-Name) (Item-Name)
    /loreshard (Shard-Name) (Lore)

Ideas for permissions:
    customshards.admin (Will give you access to all admin commands)

When I'd like it by: When it's possible

2. Offline

oliver276

@Gubbie

I'm a little confused on this plugin.

Is what I think here correct?

Kits (ie, sets of items) are defined by admins and linked to a named 'shard' (is a shard an item, or chat interaction or...?).

These shards (obtained by means outside the plugin probably by trading) can then be used to get the linked items in a chest, or have a small chance get a reoccurring version of this kit without needing the shard?

If I can see what the idea is, I'll be happy to make this over the weekend.

3. Offline

Gubbie

So what i mean with this plugin is:
    A Soul-Shard is an item (I'd like a prismarine crystal) which you can open. When opened, you have a chance to unlock a Soul Kit, which is a VERY overpowered kits. These shards are obtained by buying them, trading them (doesn't have anything do with the plugin) and stuff like that. I have big problems with making Soul-Kits right now, cause i can't make own plugins, so i need to change a lot of stuff in other plugins, to make them. So i'd love if there would be a way to make your own Soul-Kits. By doing /soulkit, you can enter the menu OF the soulkits, and that needs to be possible to modify too. The shards need to be renamed something like this: &8&lSoul-Shard&7: &f{Kit-Name} and the lore:
    &bBy opening this old shard, you will have a chance to:
    &7Unlock this kit &a&lFOREVER&7, and be able to use it every week.
    &7Get a &cONE-TIME USE &7on this kit, and it will appear ONCE at your DropZone in a chest.

Oh and, I forgot to say, I'm not gonna use it on a SkyBlock server, but on a Survival-Kingdoms server. It's a kind of game like Factions. You have your own Kingdom and there are Wars, when you need to battle. But i want to find a safe way to let people get their Soul-Kits when use them, I don't want other people to steal it. Well, if you have an idea, please tell me! Thanks!

P.S. When you unlock the Soul-Kit, it won't appear at your DropZone, only when you use it. It will spawn directly at your DropZone if you get an One-Time Use.

4. Offline

oliver276

@Gubbie
    I'll give it a go, but I can't guarantee a particularly short timeframe, after all, its ARURF this weekend :p.

Most of this seems OK, just a few more questions:

Does this plugin need to handle the kits that players unlock (ie, the weekly obtaining of them), or is there another plugin doing that (if so, what plugin and I'll see if I can integrate into it).

The drop-zone thing is going to be the hardest part. Maybe instead of that, players can right-click an empty chest with the shard and it'll open it into that chest? It still applies the chance of unlocking the kit permanently, and maybe even have some OTT fireworks for that?

Finally, how much would you like me to throw into the config file? All of the messages to players? All of the messages to staff/admins? All of the item IDs? The chances per-kit of getting it permanently or just a global option?

I've got a couple of good ideas for the Kit creation. Saving it is fine (I've done similar stuff before). The whole glass randomising might take me a few attempts, but other than that, I'll keep you posted on updates.

5. Offline

Gubbie

Okay:
    The plugin needs to handle the kits, because other people would use /kit with it, which isn't good when there are cheaters or something. EssentialsKitManager is a very good plugin make kits with delay, maybe you can do something with that.

The dropzone thingie.. I guess its a good idea, but what if people do it with crates at spawn? Thats a big problem, and also if they don't know other people can look in the chest. And how do we do that if they unlock it forever? Maybe you can save that for the last, so we can think of some idea's. And also, i think i changed my mind about the game again, because i really want a plugin like this. So i'm thinking of an easier game to work with. But the firework idea is great!

So i can edit the messages to the players AND staff/admins would be perfect. The items would be a bit better if you could make the kits in-game, but if its in the config its okay too. and the chances, will Always be a 10% chance of unlocking.

See you soon!

6. Offline

oliver276

@Gubbie

I'm sure that EssentialsKitManager has an API, so I can look into using that for the kit items. I might (better yet) be able to use Vault to integrate into permissions so that if they unlock a kit permanently, it gives them the permission. There's no point re-inventing the wheel, or a kit system for that matter.

As for right-clicking the chest, I'll fire an InventoryMoveEvent so that if the player isn't allowed to modify the inventory, they can't open the shard there.

If the kits are as strong as you make them out to be, 10% seems a little big of a chance

7. Offline

Gubbie

Okay, but how would other people not be allowed to take things out of the chest? And i guess 5% is better.

8. Offline

Gubbie

@oliver276
    I got a very good idea for the plugin. I am making the server where the plugin will work a Factions server.
    The idea for the plugin is a new command, the /soulvault command! In your SoulVault, you will receive the items you got out of an Soul-Kit. If you try to open an shard, and the vault doesn't have enough room for the kit, it won't allow you to use it. Same with using a Soul-Kit when you have it unlocked. Using this command will make everything safe. People can't put items in the Soul Vault, only take. Maybe we can let people use the Vault for other items, but it needs to work the same as happens with the Soul-Kits and Soul-Shards. It's much safer!
    Much greets -Gubbie

9. Offline

oliver276

@Gubbie
    I like the sound of this.

Again, is it just my plugin handling the SoulVault and the kits? (It's fine if it is, I just need to know what I need to code) or are you using other plugins? If so, I'll contact their devs to arrange some sort of API.

10. Offline

Gubbie

@oliver276
    I think it would be better if the plugin handles it. I don't know other plugins that can do it. Oh, and also good luck with coding. It seems pretty hard. So hopefully i'll see you soon.

11. Offline

oliver276

@Gubbie

Progress is slow, but I'm getting there.

Just a question I thought of - when a player uses a shardkit, and the chance of them unlocking the kit succeeds, does it count as them using the kit (and thus going on its cooldown), or should it allow them to use the kit from the command straight away after (or even going on XX% of the cooldown)?

12. Offline

Gubbie

So if they unlock it forever, they need to use the command of using the kit. They don't get the kit right away in their SoulVault. If you unlock it for a one-time use, you get it in your SoulVault without using the kit, because they can't use the kit itself then.

13. Offline

Firestar311

@Gubbie I assume you are requesting this because of Skybounds, as this sounds exactly like the Immortal Kits from Savage Games' Skybounds Skyblock server...

14. Offline

Gubbie

It is, but i got the permission to use it. It's not allowed to steal the code, and this isn't the exact code SkyBounds uses, so its allowed.

15. Offline

Firestar311

I am not saying you can't, only that it is not original. And if you do get people from Skybounds, they will say that you copied Savage Games, which is not good for the overall health and success of a server

16. Offline

Gubbie

I know, and i understand. Maybe its not thinking of your own ideas, but we atleast have some other things, like the Soul-Vault. It has another name etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.