Setting up server chat

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Grovers1, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Grovers1

hello, I'm working on a towns based server and I want my chat to show [rank] [playername] [customsuffix],
    The custom suffix I want to be made a donator perk that can be chose from your unlocked ones using a gui,
    Can anyone help with this?

Thanks ~Grover

2. Offline

mcdorli

Groupmanager: with the manuaddv command, you can do that

3. Offline

oceantheskatr

@Grovers1 Use /manuaddv command to add a custom suffix with. An example would be /mangaddv oceantheskatr suffix <suffix>

You can also use the command /manuaddsub which will add subgroups to a player. Using this will allow you to maintain the player's primary group, while inheriting the permissions from other groups specified. Here's an example: /manuaddsub oceantheskatr VIP would add VIP as a subgroup to me, while I'd stay in whichever group I was already in, such as Moderator or Admin.

A good combination would be adding a donor rank as a subgroup, and then using /mangaddv to add the suffix, so that you're not affecting any of the groups/prefixes already there.

4. Offline

Grovers1

Maybe I didn't read your post properly but I want them to be sold sepretly to ranks, also players will be able to open a gui to chose their suffix

5. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

6. Offline

oceantheskatr

Yes, when you sell the rank on buycraft or whatever, run those commands, or if they buy the ranks in a GUI, run those commands.

7. Offline

Grovers1

I am using essentials chat,i have the groupmanager plugin and also the rankprefix+ plugin.
    Im not sure how to get it to work? and i want to display it over their heads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.