Setting Up Donations On A Website Through Minecraft

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Darkvoltage3, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LaxWasHere

You can try enjin which is 29bux a month. I got enjin premium but still uses buycraft since I got lifetime foe free.

2. Offline

sillyrosster

I don't know why, but I want to melt Enjin to the ground. [lava]

hawkfalcon likes this.
  3. Offline

hawkfalcon

Because it sucks?
    :p

4. Offline

LaxWasHere

I actually like enjin with all the custom stuff you can do. Xenforo is quite limited to what enjin can.

5. Offline

hawkfalcon

XenForo is a forum software. Enjin is a crappy site builder.
    Code your own:)

6. Offline

sillyrosster

Lies. Xenforo forums destroy Enjin forums. Man are Enjin forums ugly.

If you don't have a powerful enough computer, you will crash on some Enjin websites.. It's rediculous. Poor school computers :'(

Milkywayz and hawkfalcon like this.
  7. Offline

LaxWasHere

Most enjin forums are free and built by 13 year olds but some are amazing. Some people just have different taste.

8. Offline

hawkfalcon

Custom coded>everything else>dog poo>enjin

madmac and sillyrosster like this.
  9. Offline

sillyrosster

I'm glad I spent $140 one time payment on Xenforo than $30/month for crap.. You can customize Xenforo to the bone, so it's awesome and stuff.

hawkfalcon likes this.
  10. Offline

madmac

correction, xenforo is only limited to the knowledge you are limited to. Do not bash something you are not fully aware of!

11. Offline

Milkywayz

I agree, most the members on my forums are happy with Xenforo. It was worth the money in my opinion. Also hawkfalcon Custom coded anything is almost always better because you get exactly what you want, unfortunately thats not a viable option for most people.

12. Offline

SwiftSwamp

I honestly don't see what's wrong with Buycraft, it's a great service and I got it when it was a one time payment. Even if it was a monthly payment I would still use Buycraft but as said, why would they take a percent cut off donations? Paypal and most service providers already take a percent out for transitions, so why would Buycraft do so aswell?

@Guys above me;
    I love XenForo and I think Enjin is a good start for people who have just started (Free version of it of course)
    There is also some basic coded websites from scratch hosted on a home pc that I've seen that are decent. Minecraft website just need to be simple and have the features / functions the owners want them to have without going all at. Most people are limited to money which makes me believe that some people that are now amazing at Web Development is because they never had money so they made everything themselves :D

^^Just my opinion on the current conversationa.

13. Offline

ohtwo

Buycraft makes it appealing to users because its instant; I have members who have joined and donated no less than two days later, and always appreciated the kind of automation my server provides. It seems to actually promote donating, because it's instant satisfaction.

As for websites, I really dislike Enjin. It is in no way professional looking, although I have seen a couple exceptions. However, they were nothing I'd ever visit. If you don't know how to code, you could always go the template route. Usually those are pretty self-explanatory.

sillyrosster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.