Setting up Craftbukkit with Mods

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by knightofdemons, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

knightofdemons

Hi,

I have currently problems setting up the server correctly.
    Iam using the ports from here: http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Ports_for_1.2.5

Got the newest Crafbukkit (snapshot 88) and wrote my bat:
    IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="64" java -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -jar "%~dp0craftbukkit.jar"

If i run the server without mods in the folder, it starts up with no problems.
    But when i add any of the listed mods, it shows me multiple heavy errors on startup.

Please see my serverlog here: http://pastebin.com/2HeyK7Bu

And my list of used mods (all loaded from the mentioned page):
    buildcraft-2.2.14-mcpc1.2.5-r5.zip
    EE2ServerV1.4.4.0-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5.zip
    forestry-1.4.4.5-FTB-mcpc1.2.5-r3.zip
    industrialcraft2-1.95b-mcpc1.2.5-pre1.zip
    mod_ironchests-server-3.3.1.22-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5.zip
    notenoughitems-server-1.2.1-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5.zip
    railcraft-5.2.0-mcpc1.2.5.zip

Even if i try to start up with only a single mod, the error occurs.
    What am I doing wrong or missing?

*push*

...perhaps i forgot to mention, i did read all the tutorials? but they are outdated...

PS: I think in the craftbukkit-snapshots, there is no ModLoader? MineForge only replaced modloader mp...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  2. Offline

ImminentFate

those plugins will not work on a bukkit server. They are made specifically for modloader and singleplayer. If you want them to work, you need to run a special modloader server. that's the modloaderMP you mentioned.

3. Offline

knightofdemons

uhm in first i wanted to use the bukkit-server, so i think its the future. Not the old modload server...

which mods should i install then? where to get?
    i've downloaded only the bucket-versions of those servermods.

thanks for your help

*push again*

what versions do i neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed?
    where to get them?

or at least has somebody just an actual tutorial for setting up a bukkit 1.2.5 server with mods???

really guys its pissing me a little bit of that threads with topic "heeeeeeeelp" and "need permissions" has 200+ views and more about 10 comments and my thread gets no attention. iam trying my best to make it easy described and posted all the logs and information, i have...
    and my question isnt too hard, cause iam still at starting up the server

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

4. Offline

Toxic__Waste

5. Offline

knightofdemons

uhm first at all, thanks iam very glad about an answer^^

okay those are plugins... so i have to find the equal plugins to the mods? are there even buildcraft, redpower, forestry, ic2 ... ? cant find them directly per name...

6. Offline

Toxic__Waste

7. Offline

knightofdemons

uhm O.O toxic let me test this...with this serverversion it starts up even with mods... oO let me short have a detailed look

8. Offline

Toxic__Waste

here is a link to make your bat file
    http://wiki.bukkit.org/Setting_up_a_server

also if you use bukkit you can olny use bukkit plugins they are not interchangeable
    you were using 2 different systems it be like trying to stick a fords engine into a chevy wont work unless you know how to rewrite codes

9. Offline

knightofdemons

okay the server is running and NEI too but when i try to add some marble or something from redpower it says "item not found" :-/ but serverlog shows no error on loading, what am i missing now?

10. Offline

Toxic__Waste

dont usse no plug in that wasnt got from bukkit
    wont show errors cause it dont know how to load it its foreign

you still need to set your server.properties file and port forward your router and your worried about plugins

11. Offline

knightofdemons

server is available online, no problem even without hamachi, got some friend testing with me yesterday, works fine.
    you can test it: l2c5.servegame.org just connect ;)

so i cant get bukkit working with ic and buildcraft etc? just want to know if they are available, download i'll find myself on bukkit thanks.

12. Offline

Toxic__Waste

just drop and drag plugins to the plugin folder heres a hint one at a time start the server make sure no errors config it if needed then drop the next one so you know when your done you are DONE

and screw hamachi

also if you cant find the plugins you want im pretty sure bukkit devs make something similar

13. Offline

knightofdemons

thank you for your help, you helped me very much.
    btw sorry i forgot to put on the server^^ feel free to join ;)

14. Offline

Toxic__Waste

just have fun and glad to help

15. Offline

ImminentFate

Quick guide:
    If it adds blocks, can't be done
    If it adds items, can't be done
    If it adds biomes with new blocks, cannot be done.
    This is a restriction of bukkit that can be overcome by using spout. Again, however, only special plugins will work with it, and you will have to make all your players download the Spoutcraft plugin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.