Problem/Bug Setting up a server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by jedipadwan, Feb 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jedipadwan

Hi everyone! Sorry for the 1000th thread on server help but at this point, I'm very, very desperate.
    I have browsed through at least 30-40 threads on help and have not found a solution, here is everything I have done:

- My router is my only router, my modem does not act as a router as well
    - Disabled firewall on router
    - Port forwarded UDP and TCP on the 'port forward' section
    - DMZ did not work (used both 192.168.... as well as my external IP)
    - I don't have any antivirus
    - On windows defender, I have created rules for UDP and TCP for port 25565 to allow all the connections
    - Disabled windows defender entirely
    - My Minecraft server which was running and listening (hopefully) for all these tests is on 25565 with no 'IP' in the IP section and is running craftbukkit 1.13.2 with spigot 1.13.2 with
    my run.bat:

java -Xmx3072M -jar spigot-1.13.2.jar -o true
    PAUSE

- I have gone into the 'allow a program' in the windows defender thing and enabled all 4 java.exe's in the x86 program library
    - There is no java folder in the program files that isn't x86
    - I have a dynamic IP and not sure how to set up a static (but apparently I shouldn't have to according to other threads)
    - My Minecraft server works when connecting to it through localhost on my Minecraft Client
    - I can't run the 'run.bat' through administrator because command prompt says it doesn't have permission for the spigot jar
    - I have restarted my computer and my router (RT-AC88U) I even did a hard reset on the router
    - I have checked numerous open port checking sites, even ports like 80 and 443 don't seem to be open
    - I have checked IP Config to make sure my local IP is correct for my port forwarding settings (192.168.1.49)
    - I have re-enabled the firewalls and disabled them in different configurations with turning DMZ on and off and it still hasn't worked
    - I have greenlight networks as my provider and have sent them an email about this
    - My .bat and .jar files in the folder have all the security boxes checked in the properties - securities window
    - For my router settings:
    I have WAN, NAT and UPnP enabled
    I have 'connect to DNS server automatically' enabled

for my current settings:
    DMZ is off
    Firewall on my router is off
    25565 is port forwarded for 'both'
    Windows defender is off
    my server is running with port "*.25565"

Thank you so, so much :( Hopefully I can find a solution screen1.png screen1.png screen1.png

also, if this helps::

screen2.png

Error: I could not see your service on 8.xx.x.xxx on port (25565)
    When checking on canyouseeme.org :/

**EDIT: My WAN IP displayed on the 'network home' page of my router settings is different than the IP shown by a site such as IP Chicken, this could be an issue.. **

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.