Plugin Help Setting Dynmap Areas (Or Exploration of Other Border-Visualization Possibilities)

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by GuitarMaster5001, Aug 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello!

I would like to define certain country borders within my server's world and was hoping to see if there was an easier, more user-friendly way to create areas with Dynamp than with /addcorner and /addarea?

Alternatively, if you know of another plugin that could do a better job of border visualization than Dynmap, I would love to hear about it!

Thanks!

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@GuitarMaster5001 Dynmap has a lot of addons for that I believe, plotme, factions, worldguard.
    What defines those borders?

3. The borders of the countries/kingdoms are currently either defined by natural landmarks or man-made installments. The borders are often crooked and very "squigley," therefore making /addcorner a difficult process. I will look into plotme. The problem I've seen with factions is that you can only claim chunks, and therefore small, but important border variations would be ignored.

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@GuitarMaster5001 Was listing plugins that dynmap supported, plotme is useless for this.

I think that you have a big task at hand to be honest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.