Server Won't stay up

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Aero, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm hosting a server on a VPS using Bukkit, and everything I have tried doesn't keep the server up 24/7. It usually crashes after about half a day or so.
    So far I have tried things like
    Code:
     Yum install screen
    screen
    ./server_nogui.sh start or java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui

Code:
     screen -t <javacommand>
    and resume with screen -r
    Code:
    screen -s minecraft java -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar
    and resume with screen -raAd 

2. Offline

parker_digg

I am having this problem as well. About 60% of days I wake up and my server is down. Usually its a ton of the [severe] java error messages. Today it was "Read Timed Out." Seriously, whats the deal?

3. Yeah I get the same thing.

4. Offline

Samalkad

Mine ran fine for 4 days straight then I had to close it down for an hour (powercut, laptop had no power left). I don't know what I did different from you guys. Maybe it had something to do with the like 20 mods i installed. I can't help much, maybe you need to update JAVA?

5. I do have the latest java installed.

6. Offline

Plague

Most admins restart the server after 12hrs or 24 hrs, minecraft server is not a stable thing per se.

7. Yeah I know and I would too, but most days when I wake up the server went down, and if it hasn't, I restart it. But then when I get home later in the day it went down again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.