Server with Hamachi

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Crafter_Peter, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Crafter_Peter

Hello guys I was just wondering if someone could help with the issue I am having. Here is the problem.

I host my bukkit server with hamachi and I changed the server file ip to my hamachi ip and it says that its loaded and it works for but when my friend adds the ip to his minecraft it says cant reach server and yes he is in my hamachi channel. Remember it will show up for me.

I'm hopeing you guys can help me.

~Crafter-Peter

2. Offline

lokpique

Leave the server ip blank. Works fine on every hamachi server i've ever had to set up.

On a side note... you are better off learning how to just port forward and stop using hamachi. Long story, but it's not a safe application.

3. Offline

Crafter_Peter

See we have tried this but when I type ipconfig in the cmd and it says ipconfig is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

4. Offline

MysteryManX

Or you can not be a noob and not use Hamachi? :3

5. Offline

lokpique

You did read the second sentence I wrote, right? Sometimes hamachi is the only option... for instance... if you play from a dorm or a school that has a firewall blocking standard methods to connect.

I used to have to use it to play from work. The company firewall blocked the native connection.

6. Offline

Crafter_Peter

Any ideas on the config problem also it didnt work

7. Offline

lokpique

What is preventing you from skipping hamachi and just opening the port on your router? It's by far a safer option that way.

8. Offline

Waterflames

Anytime you have a problem with a command not being recognized in cmd, try running cmd as administrator.
    It sets the cd to c:/Windows/System32, where most of these executables are located.

9. Offline

lokpique

Not sure what thread you meant to reply to... but it certainly was not this one. Completely unrelated to his issue.

10. Offline

Waterflames

See third comment.

11. Offline

Crafter_Peter

Also it's a windows 8 computer if this makes any difference

12. Offline

lokpique

You don't have to be running as an administrator to see ipconfig, so that isn't the problem anyways.

13. Offline

Crafter_Peter

Also it didn't work when i ran it as administration

14. Offline

Waterflames

Thats not what I said. I said running cmd as administrator fixed the problem, because it sets the current directory to the system23 folder. Of course you could just cd to it, but running as admin is faster.

Ontopic: Look up port forwarding for your router and try to do it without Hamachi. Hamachi has never worked for me.

15. Offline

Crafter_Peter

I have and i default gateway is 192.168.1.1 and it wont open it just searches it... Also windows 8 i never had the problem on windows 7

16. Offline

lokpique

Not too familiar with windows 8, but this screams that there is something with the windows firewall you need to configure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.