Server Stats

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by MCE626, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Offline

MCE626

Is there a plugin that tells server stats on signs, like how many player are there online (<--the most feature i want), how many ops/admin are on, is the host on, what's the ip, who's afk, etc.

Some might think that such a plugin is worthless, but i kinda want one...idk y...

anyway, it would be nice if someone replied and gave the link...

2. Offline

PogoStick29

I could make one where you type /stats and it shows info. As far as signs, I have to look into that

3. Offline

MCE626

that could work, too
    if i new how to make plugins, i'd have a lot of pretty cool stuff...but i don't know how...

4. Offline

PogoStick29

Working on signs...

Success! What do you want the signs to say? I'll code in the number of players online and a few other things.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
  5. Offline

MCE626

the one i want most is how many players are on the server. other things i would like, but don't care if it's there or not are - who's afk, is the host on, are any admins on, what's the ip, what's the server name

6. Offline

PogoStick29

[quote uid=90667906 name="MCE626" post=1317624]the one i want most is how many players are on the server. other things i would like, but don't care if it's there or not are - who's afk, is the host on, are any admins on, what's the ip, what's the server name[/quote]
    AFK: cant sorry
    Host: ?
    Admins: Also can't :/
    IP: Done
    Server name: Done
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2016
  7. Offline

MCE626

ok, that's fine, thanks! :D[cake]

8. Offline

PogoStick29

Test and let me know if there are any problems/feature reqs!

9. Offline

MCE626

ok

what do i type on the signs?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

PogoStick29

Oh lol forgot.
    [SS Online] Online players
    [SS IP] Server IP
    [SS Name] Server Name

11. Offline

MCE626

k, thanks

for the ip, it just says the :25565
    ..and my server name is too long to fit on one line...lol

12. Offline

bobacadodl

I'll make this :D Its simple.

You will need to give admins/owner certain permissions so that it can detect how many are online. It will also require vault.

13. Offline

RingOfStorms

I saw this somewhere, ill search and edit the post if I find it, it does exactly what you wanted with signs and such.

14. Offline

PogoStick29

You need to define the IP in the server.properties. As far as the name, I looked up basic sign tutorials just for this plugin :) so I'm kind of a newb at signs ;)

15. Offline

MCE626

k, thanks though! How do i put a plugin in eclipse, i watched videos of how to make a plugin, but i want to see a example first...i kinda want to see the essentials and how they did it.

16. Offline

PogoStick29

You want to see the code I wrote?

17. Offline

Woobie

I wanna see it!
    I'm using Netbeans l13k 4 b4u5, Eclipse is too weird

18. Offline

MCE626

well, any plugin really, just and example how to code stuff..i kinda want to some time make my own plugins..

19. Offline

PogoStick29

Woobie, I'll PM you the code.

20. Offline

MCE626

how easy is Netbeans? i've seen tutorials with eclipse and stuff and i agree, it is kinda weird...

21. Offline

PogoStick29

You can see code of any plugin if its open source, or if you decompile it. Decompiling code is illegal, so I won't tell you how :p
    However, I can show you the code for this plugin.

Eclipse is the best! :p

22. Offline

Woobie

Its.. easy

Well that explains stuff ._.
    With Netbeans, i think you can just open the jar file and see some of the coding.

23. Offline

PogoStick29

24. Offline

MCE626

cool

25. Offline

bobacadodl

Is the one that PogoStick29 made good enough for you? Or do you want me to make a better one that displays everything you asked for?

26. Offline

MCE626

27. Offline

PogoStick29

Nice!

The other thing is that I don't think the Players Online thing updates :/ So you might wanna make a better one. I'd love to see the source once its done :)

28. Offline

MCE626

yup, i'm on episode 5

29. Offline

bobacadodl

PogoStick29
    Make it recalculate on PlayerJoinEvent

30. Offline

PogoStick29

Not sure how i'd do that, because it's a PlayerJoinEvent, not a SignChangeEvent, so there's no event.getLine() or event.setLine() I assume that there's a way to reference one from the other, but I don't know how. I'd also have to do it for a PlayerQuitEvent