[Server] Setting up Permissions for Worldedit

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ziikutv, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am trying to setup the permissions so that only admins can use all the available commands of Worldedit 4.4 and anyone else can't use any commands.

I also have permissions plugin and have three categories in that plugin (Guest, Moderator, Admins)

Here is the code of /plugins/WorldEdit/config.yaml

Spaces were removed by the editor, so don't point that out.

Here is the code of /plugins/permissions/world.yaml
    Also, this is a general question, do I have to type all the permissions I want to give for admins ( I want all ) so should I just put - * ?

Another general question, not related to worldedit, If i want to give a group permission to use all commands of "worldedit" do I just type "worldedit.*"

Thanks.

2. Offline

AgentKid

First of all, when posting a really long file like that, please use [ CODE] codestuff [/CODE]. Second of all, when WorldEdit detects a permissions plugin, it disregards the contents of config.yaml's permissions section, so changing that will have no effect. Third, yes, if you want your admins to have ALL commands, give them *. If you want a group to have just worldedit powers, worldedit.* will work. Make sure to change your config file to limit the number of blocks changed, though, otherwise a simple typo can break your server :p

callit likes this.
  3. And if I don't want a group, default group (guest) to have no permissions of worldedit, I just don't say anything about worldedit in the permissions part right?

Thanks I'll keep that in mind next time.

4. Offline

Surael

If you have Permissions installed and use plugins that support it, you have to give each group all the permissions you want them to be able to use. If you don't designate any, they won't have any (default behavior is to deny them). Basically, as long as you don't directly give them permissions for a plugin, they can't do anything with it.

Also, the first permission your Admins have is '*'. That's a wildcard, it gives them universal permissions to all plugins and all commands. You don't have to specify anything more than that since Admins already have everything, so you can chop off the rest of the permissions in that group for a cleaner file.

5. Yeah, how do I make it so that admin group can add and delete blocks even though worldguard is on. There is only document about Nejji's permission but I am using pheniox's.

Bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  6. Offline

wizarder36

I dont get this.

7. Offline

_audacity_

Yes, type this somewhere in your permissions file:
    pluginname.*
    Or if they can only have a couple commands for it:
    pluginname.plugincommand
    pluginname.anotherplugincommand

8. Offline

JaguarJo

_audacity_ This thread is nearly 3 years old.... I doubt these people are still having these problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.