Server running but have it offline for OTHERS!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by creativename, May 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

creativename

I'll ask here because Google is literally shit when it comes to search results.
    Anyways how do i make so server owner, staff and developer can access the server while members can't for building, fixing bugs or anything like that?

I would appreciate it if you know.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. Offline

creativename

Is that all the information you give me? ''whitelist'' @timtower
    I don't even know how to set that up like most factions servers

4. Offline

@creativename It is a standard Minecraft server feature.
    It has nothing to do with factions servers.

5. Offline

creativename

@timtower I know, but i don't know how it works but i guess whatever, guess i'm gonna be without it.

6. Offline

Zombie_Striker likes this.
  7. Offline

maved145

8. Offline

creativename

@timtower One more thing, i use the default permissions.yml file when it comes to groups do i really need a plugin for that? I mean i have the group setup in the permissions.yml and added the prefix in essentials chat config but it doesn't work or do i really need a plugin for that? If that is the case i'll just get my developer to make one for me with all in one file.

9. Offline

@creativename Install PEX and add the prefix to essentials chat.
    Remaking a permissions plugin so it can be combined with a chat one is overkill.

10. Offline

creativename

@timtower I don't like PEX in fact my custom plugins are private, so not really

11. Offline

Then groupmanager.
    And it has nothing to do with custom plugins, it is just a lot of work to combine a chat and permissions plugin because you want the config in one file.

12. Offline

creativename

@timtower Whatever you say, this is my work and server i also put time into it so it's worth it. It also make it more professional with my own plugins instead of download everything. Thanks for your time anyways.

@timtower I also forgot something important, is there a max limit to have a kit name with colors in essentials? Because when i try to add a kit with a name and then Sword for example it won't show ''Sword'' I'm using essentials 1.7.2

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2018
  13. Offline

Don't know the answer to that one, I don't like Essentials so I don't work with it.

14. Offline

Machine Maker

When you say add a kit with a name and then Sword do you mean the name of the kit is "whatever Sword"? I do not think you can have spaces in kit names.

Side note: didn't you just say that you wanted to make your own plugins and not use downloaded ones like essentials?

15. Offline

Jacktheguy

Just enable whitelist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.