Server restaring around every 15 min intervals

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Nintendoughnut, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nintendoughnut

After my server provider decided to update today (molten-servers, if that means anything to any of you) an auto save feature that displays in chat has come up as well as an auto restarting feature that restarts my server after around 15 mins of the server being up, as well as saving before restarting.

In console and chat (if I remember correctly) it looks like this:
    Code:
    2011-02-06 01:23:41 [INFO] CONSOLE: Forcing save..
    2011-02-06 01:23:41 [INFO] CONSOLE: Save complete.
    2011-02-06 01:23:41 [INFO] CONSOLE: Stopping the server..
    2011-02-06 01:23:41 [INFO] Stopping server

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, or if it is related to Bukkit itself or just my provider or one of my plugins. The plugins that I am running are:
    Essentials
    Permissions
    SlowHealth
    SpawnMob
    GodPowers

I have found no obvious way to stop this and as such I would appreciate it if someone could show me how to disable it or set it to restart after a longer period of time.

Thanks in advanced.

2. Offline

Stormwolf

Sounds like a host specific update. This was probably added by your provider to help combat lag by restarting the server every so often. It can be done as a cron task in linux. 15 minutes seems way too short to me. I would try contacting your host to see what they can do about changing it.

3. Offline

Nintendoughnut

Well, I just contacted my provider and they had said that they have nothing to do with it. So I guess it has to do with something else then.

4. Offline

eorl

Thank god someone is experiencing the same thing as me! I thought it was just me :( I'm also with Molten Servers, and it's just happening over and over. There is no indication of it being able to be stopped. I also sent a ticket to them, but alas they blamed Bukkit and that it could be causing it due to early development.

5. Offline

Nintendoughnut

Ah, at least now I know that I'm not the only one with the same problem. Perhaps if this thread gets a bit more info about what might be causing the problem we could submit it to them.

6. Offline

eorl

I just posted a thread on their new forums they brought up, so hopefully that should get their attention. It's a real annoyance because it will all of a sudden restart, and sometimes not fully save.

7. Offline

Plague

Have you tried running without plagins and then without craftbukkit?

8. Offline

eorl

Yeah, still happening. It's on the servers side it seems, according to a reply from their forums.

9. Offline

iSushi

... So you've tried the vanilla version, make a new map and nothing helps with configuration etc. ??

Then you need to get your host and fix it. >w> You seem to be in an annoying problem.
    There's a lot of stuff that can cause that, so finding the solution will be hard.

If nothing helps, I'll rather suggest to find another server host (or call your host and ask if they could change the server your currently running to another one, which costs money... usually). That'll be only way out option thought.

10. Offline

Obsidian

FWIW, do you have ssh?

If so, what's "crontab -e" show you?

11. Offline

Nintendoughnut

Problem seems to be (kinda) solved as we have gotten the information from our provider that it has something to do with the multi-server management software that they're using (Multicraft) and that not playing nicely the latest build of Bukkit, so we just have to wait for the next update of the managemant software and hopefully that'll fix it up. Thanks for all the help anyways, people.

12. Offline

eorl

Mmm, now to see how long it takes -_- So annoying having it reset and lose a good chunk of data. I've lost at least partial projects and countless diamond picks.

13. Offline

Nintendoughnut

Hmmm well that's odd, on my server it always seems to save quickly before restarting without losing anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.