Server poll (survey, vote)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by rakiru, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

rakiru

A plugin I'd find useful is a poll plugin. Admins could start a poll (or multiple polls) and define the length of time it is active for (4h for 4 hours, 5d for 5 days, etc), the question, and options. It could also have a short title (max 12 chars or something) that could be used in a list of all active polls, so /poll could list them and /poll <pollname> would allow you to vote or something.

Some way to show the current votes on a website would be nice, such as using SQL (seems very over the top for something like this though), or just some format easily parsable so something could be made in PHP to read it.

I think this would be useful for finding the opinions of users on a possible new plugin for example, as not all users will go on the website/forum, and you can't just ask yourself as you'll only get a percentage of the user's opinions.

I'd have a crack at writing this myself, but as I know little Java, it would be rather inefficient and break lots.

sukosevato, BindMind and biomann like this.
  2. Offline

rakiru

Bumping this since it got a like.

I'm planning to do this at some point myself now, but it is really low priority, and I'm not overly experienced with java, so if someone else wants to give it a go, feel free, or send a PM if you want to work together (I know it's a simple plugin, but as I said, low priority for me).

3. Offline

themanman0

It's on my list of plugins to make along with 2 others. If people were really interested in this I might bump it up on the list.

4. Offline

BindMind

Do it.

scrub88 likes this.
  5. Offline

rakiru

Ah, I forgot about this. Will do it when I'm back from holiday. Any feature requests or other details you'd like?