Server Performance

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Zachar543, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zachar543

I have been hosting a server with bukkit for the last 3-4 months. I have some questions in how a server like mine should be operating and what can be done to lower some of the hardware requirements. So... Here it goes...

Memory:
    I have my server restart in a 6 hour cycle. I have noticed that at the end of that cycle the memory usage of the server is around 90% of its max with around 2-3 people online. Does bukkit still have a memory leak?

CPU time:
    I have noticed that when I have 7-8 people on my server my CPU's usage jumps to around 45-65%. This server used to be able to host 15. It just seems to get worse with each of Notch's updates.

My server Stats:
    Average of 7-8 people on most of the day
    VPS through DotBlock (2.5 GHz, 2GB memory, 40GB HDD space, (Not sure on the Upload Speed))

Plugins:
    World Guard, World Edit, World Border, Statistician, Spout, SimpleReserve, rawcritics_ore_obfuscator, Permissions 3.x, NoCheat, MultiVerse (3 worlds), MobDisguise, RemoteToolKit, McMMO, McBans, MagicSpells, LWC, LogBlock, Inception, iConomy, iChat, CommandBook, CombatTag, Citizens (4 NPCs), BlockHat, AutoMessage, AdminMode

I am using RToolKit for the auto-restarter.
    I don't seem to see a lot of lag but, There are times where it is there and is noticeable by my players. Is there something that I am missing? I am relatively new to CentOS and there could be something that I could change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.