Server not registering my plugin.yml

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by peacemango, Apr 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

peacemango

I am new to plugin development and ive had a problem in a plugin I want to test were the server says that the plugin.yml is not registering in the server. The logs look like this:
    Code:
    > [16:54:15] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins/Citadel.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: Invalid plugin.yml
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:160) ~[server.jar:2991-Spigot-018b9a0-f3f3094]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:144) ~[server.jar:2991-Spigot-018b9a0-f3f3094]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:383) ~[server.jar:2991-Spigot-018b9a0-f3f3094]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:185) ~[server.jar:2991-Spigot-018b9a0-f3f3094]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:809) ~[server.jar:2991-Spigot-018b9a0-f3f3094]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.lambda$0(MinecraftServer.java:164) ~[server.jar:2991-Spigot-018b9a0-f3f3094]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_282]
    Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Jar does not contain plugin.yml
    ... 7 more
    The layout of my plugin is like this :
    Code:
    src:
           me.peacemango.Citadel:
                     Main
           me.peacemango.Citadel.KitSelect:
                      Commmands
                     Utils
                     KitSelectUI
           plugin.yml

And my plugin.yml is like this:
    Code:
    name: Citadel
    main: me.peacemango.Citadel.Main
    description: Adventure map/plugin
    version: 1.0
    author: peacemango

commands:
      Chooseclass:
    I know it says in the logs that there is no plugin.yml in the plugin but I have triple checked that its in the src and that I have exported with everything selected. I don't know if there is something wrong with the layout of the plugin or the plugin.yml but I am in need of asistance .

Sorry its a little hard to tell were my plugin.yml is in my plugin, it is in my src and not in me.peacemango.Citadel.KitSelect

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2021
  2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Chr0mosom3 and davidclue like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.