Server Music (not noteblock)

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Gregory46, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Solaris_88

Sound center should work. I'll try to figure it out when I get home (as I want to use it for my server as well) I'll help you set it up if you like.

2. Offline

Gregory46

Thanks @Solaris_88 and also can you help me take a look at my other freeop request it was compiled on java 8 but my server runs java 7 so I am told. I think people started ignoring it because the word "spigot" was in the server log. EDIT:My posts on the subject were also not accepted until after I posted this.
    And idk if this is normal, but I have been on the forums 2 days and already have to wait for approval to post.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  3. Offline

Huntfishplay

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Gregory46 Every new user has to go through that process. And those posts weren't approved because you was fast bumping.

5. Offline

Forcelydated

6. Offline

Gregory46

@Forcelydated no, not really. I kinda want to be able to add my own music, whatever the way.

7. Offline

Forcelydated

Sorry @Gregory46 , but I need to say this, you are not able to add your own song(s) to minecraft. Cause minecraft supports .ogg files only. You can see my thread of this. I am kinda same of what you want but just more 1 step, that is voting. So there is only 1 way for you to do that...... Change your server's texture pack and its sound.

8. Offline

Gregory46

9. Offline

TedTheTechie

You can create a custom resource packs with custom songs replacing note block songs and suggest it to players on join, and play noteblock songs to the users, which with the resource pack plays the song.

10. Offline

timmaker

@Gregory46 Craftventure has something simmilair to this (play.craftventure.net) if you do /audio a link will pop-up and if you click it it plays music depending in which area of the server you are

11. Offline

Gregory46

I found one on google, is there a way to disable sounds that are not the noteblock?

12. Offline

shades161

Theres a plugin called BamRadio (a bit outdated I think) That let you download .midi files from their website and allowed them to play through the server, I used to use it quite a lot.

13. Offline

Gregory46

@shades161 I found a good one called servermusic, but is there a way to, yknow, disable the background sounds?

14. Offline

shades161

@Gregory46 as in the ambiance sounds such as in caves? That kind of noise?

15. Offline

Gregory46

@shades161 Yes. And only when the music is playing.

16. Offline

shades161

@Gregory46 Not that I know of, I believe that's all client side in the sound settings. Though, there might be a way I don't know of.

17. Offline

Zandor300

You can put some songs in a resource pack. I've done this some time ago and I've added an unlimited amount of songs to it. You can play the song from the resource pack with a command but I don't know if you can play them from a plugin with code but you can run a console command.

18. Offline

shades161

Does that still work in 1.8.x? because even just trying to play custom music with a resource pack through a disc it doesn't seem to work for me (single player or multiplayer)
    And what is the console command?

19. Offline

Zandor300

How to add sounds to a resourcepack:

The command: /playsound <sound> <player> [x] [y] [z] [volume] [pitch] [minimumVolume]

WIKI:
    RESULT:
    More info: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Commands#playsound

BTW this got introduced in Minecraft 1.6.1... A looooooonnnggggg time agoo...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.