server.log -- Magically fixed?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by np98765, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

np98765

So, my server.log is quite messed up. A few months ago, I noticed that it looked something like this:

Code:
    2012-06-01 11:13:10 [INFO] [Owner] np98765: Hello.
    2012-06-01 11:13:20 [INFO] [Owner[37m] np98765: Testing.

I've just assumed that it would permanently stay like that, and never looked at it for the longest time.

I just looked at it a few minutes ago, and it looks perfectly fine. Somewhere over this period of time, something changed, but I don't know what. Was it the CB update? Something else?

Does anyone know a) Why this originally happened, and/or b) Why this has suddenly stopped happening? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that it stopped -- It's actually readable now! :)

Any information would be welcome... Hopefully, I can prevent the log from becoming unreadable again...

2. Offline

Tanite

Did you switch OS? Install or get rid of a chat prefix/color modifying plugin?

3. Offline

zipfe

Just use
    Code:
    --log-strip-color 
    at the end of your start up script and your logs are clutter free. Most of those brackets numbers stuff thingies are from the colors in console.

4. Offline

TnT

What's in your startup script?

5. Offline

number1_Master

You startup script needed to have --nojline at the end of it instead of nogui. That is why it looked like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.