server laggy

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by kevbot1811, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

kevbot1811

Ever since i updated my server to 1.3.1, it has become 10x more laggy and i'm not sure why. It was never like this with 1.2.5. Any help?

2. Offline

TnT

What is the command you use to start your server?

3. Also what are your server specs? VPS or Dedicated? GB of RAM? SSD or HDisk or RAM disk?

4. Offline

andrewpo

...no

The contents of that file.

5. Offline

kevbot1811

dedicated, 12GB of ram and idk what ssd and hdisk are

cd ~/Desktop/Bukkit\ Server
    java -Xms12G -Xmx12G -jar CraftBukkit.jar
    this?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  6. Offline

andrewpo

Yep, that's the one.

Now go to the apple button in the top-left corner of your screen, click 'About this mac'

What's your processor and memory? (e.g. 2.4 GHz i5 and 16GB memory)

Example (mine):
    [​IMG]

7. Offline

kevbot1811

processor: 3.06 GHz intel Core 2 Duo
    memory: 16GB 1067 MHz DDR3

8. Looks like you might be putting all your ram into the "dedicated" server and fighting with other resources. I doubt you need to blast 12GB of your running it at home. Try 4

9. Offline

andrewpo

Okay, it's not an issue relating to allocating too much RAM.

Go to your server.properties file, open it in textedit (or other text file editing application)
    change the snoop setting from true to false.

If your server is intended for local use without many players, change it so you're allocating ~4-8GB to java. Note that it is advisable that you do not play minecraft with the client on the same machine as the Bukkit server.

10. Offline

kevbot1811

when i do /lag in game it goes how much memory is allocated and how much i have free, i only have 4GB free of the 12

i thought the more ram the better so i thought i'd put 12GB, i have about 10 players on daily out of 50, and a load of plugins.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  11. Offline

andrewpo

List your plugins please.

12. Offline

kevbot1811

WorldEdit, Towny, mcjobs, Buycraft, SpamGuard, StarterKit, Vault, LogBlockQuestioner, PermissionsEx, LogBlock, Questioner, AntiCreeper3, BetterAnnounce, Regios, SignColours, LazyRoad, iConomy, Register, Gates, AntiAdvertising, PEXRank, CraftBukkitUpToDate, NoCheat, iChat, mcMMO, MobDisguise, Essentials, ShowCaseStandalone, EssentialsProtect, EssentialsSpawn, LWC, ChestShop

13. Offline

kevbot1811

14. Offline

andrewpo

Update to CB #2326

15. Offline

bastion

Which version of nocheat are you using? If you have not updated to the latest version of nocheatplus that could be causing some problems.

16. Offline

kevbot1811

when i have one person join i literally get spammed with the "can't keep up" shit.

17. Offline

astroskillz

It's an overal bug with Minecraft 1.3.1 . Nothing wrong on your side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.