Server Lag

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by godgodgodgo, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

godgodgodgo

I'm having problems with lag. I have 50 players on the server alot of the time. I have plenty of banwidth, cpu is only half used and RAM is only half used. I have a 6000 block diameter world and I think the lag might be caused by chunks staying loaded or something because I tried using a smaller world and there was no lag. I have tried a RAM Disk and the lag was still there.
    Do you have any ideas for me to try? I'm going to try upgrading my java to Java 7 now.

2. Offline

Zaskersky

Thansk godgodgodgo for the post, i'm the owner of the server, and yea we got lag on Tnt/mobs, and night/day cycle,
    there delay on it and the best way to see the lag is by looking at the ingame sun, it skips back every few seconds.
    there is no block lag, but there is time lag.

We did multiple test, ramdisk, to increase loading times, check cpu/memory usage all at 50% max, download whas only at 2% and upload at around 40% usage.
    and did some live test with 30/50 people online, by reducing the map size from 3000 radius to 1500 radius, and the lag whas almost completely gone.

So what we discoved so far it hase to do somthing with map size, soi thougt about the high latency of
    a normal harddrive, so i tested it on a ramdrive with read/write speeds up to 7000 mb a sec, but the
    lag whas stil there. so i;m realy confused what could couse this problem.

hope some body got some sugestian or ideas,

Greatings Zaskersky,

where running the following plugins at the moment.
    CFBanner
    ChestShop
    CombatTag
    dynmap
    EconomyPunga
    Essentials
    EssentialsChat
    EssentialsProtect
    EssentialsSpawn
    Factions
    iConomy
    mcMMO
    NoCheat
    NoFarm-0.2.1
    ObsidianDestroyer
    Permissions
    PermissionsEx
    rawcritics_ore_obfuscation_plugin
    SignRank
    SimpleReserve
    spout
    TotallyOrbSome
    VanishNoPacket
    VirtualChest
    Votifier
    WorldBorder
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard

3. Offline

Silvo

Well... bad news. With Mojang pressing their updates for the novermber minecraft release each patch is getting crappier than the last one. Minecraft is about to become unplayable for smaller servers not mentioning LAN servers which were killed instantly.

Your problems are problems of many and I'm getting the feeling Mojangs speed updates puts too much strain on our dear bukkit team. Poor Dinnerbone and crew will collapse from work!

Some feed on this issue...
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ru...-screwy-plugins-cant-keep-up-since-1-8.38065/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.