Question Server Is VERY Laggy and don't know how to increase

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by TheRealPixIt, Jan 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheRealPixIt

I have absolute no idea how to give more ram to my server, and i need help. badly

2. Offline

Bluemarien

PLEASE read the entire message through before you modify anything!

You must modify the file you use to start the server. Instead of double clicking it, open it with a text editing software. There should be a line in there that says something similar to: java -Xmx1024M
    The numbers right next to "-Xmx" are the number of megabytes of RAM you want to dedicate your server to. 1024 MB is about 1 GB. Before you modify this number, make sure you know how much RAM you have on the device that runs the server (your computer, a host for your server, etc.)

If you have any more questions, just ask! Hope this helps you :)

3. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Bluemarien
    -Xmx is no longer needed. It automatically adjusts to the maximum free space available. Just delete that argument instead of changing it. Even still, that is not his problem.

@TheRealPixIt
    Your CPU is what is causing the problem. Ram is just memory space, the CPU controls how many operations can go on. To fix this, either get a better computer with a good CPU, reduce the amount of plugins on the server, or reduce the world size.

[Edit] Also make sure you are not running the server on the same computer you are playing on. It should be that the computer has nothing running besides the server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.