Server is using too much RAM!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Jonchun, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jonchun

Problem: I'm running an average CraftBukkit server on a VPs with 4G of dedicated RAM. However, the server uses WAY too much RAM even when there are only like 5 people on. From what I understand, 4G's should easily host 50 slots... My host is meteorvps.com and I'm on a brand new US Node. The server is jagcraft.tk for those who want to check it out. There is no noticable lag on the server except in my VPS Control Panel, the RAM is always topped out (going into the Burstable RAM although it should be way under the Dedicated RAM limit)

1. What OS are you using (Brand and version - Ex. Windows XP SP3)?
    - CentOS 5.6

2. What architecture is the OS you are running (x64 or x86)?
    - x64

3. What version and architecture is your java install? (Type: java -version in command prompt.)
    If you run any GNU/Linux, run this command to get all 3:
    Code:
    java -version

gives me an error (could not reserve enough space etc) because I don't want to shut down my current minecraft server. However, I just used
    Code:
    yum install java
    yum update
    4. Are you running any wrappers? McMyAdmin, mcadmin, Hamachi, etc?
    -No

5. What build of CraftBukkit are you running? (do NOT say latest. Say the build number.)
    - 1.7.3 (Latest Recommended)

6. What command are you using to run your CraftBukkit server?
    Code:
    java -Xms1000M -Xmx4000M -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui
    java -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui
    Both cause the same problems.

7. What plugins are you running?
    RemoteToolkitPlugin, Long Summer Days, NarrowtuxLib, obuShutTheHellUp, WorldBorder, CreativeGates, MonsterBox, WorldGuard, Essentials, iConomy, BigBrother, WorldEdit, Votifier, PlugMan, BetterShop, iConomyChestShop, AdminsCanFly, SetRank, VirtualChest, mcbans, CommandSigns, Jail, Showcase, Annotate, EssentialsSpawn, OwnBlocks, Lockette, Permissions, Residence, Zombebanner, ColoredSigns, Spout, Vault, MagicCarpet, MinecraftIM, Administrate, Citizens, MobArena

8. What error are you getting (post your server.log file)?
    No Errors. Server console/logs look perfectly fine.

9. What have you tried already?
    I haven't really tried anything yet. I should have tried disabling plugins and using the binary method thingy but I don't really want too much downtime on my server. I'm hoping someone might know the problem before I resort to having server downtime.

10. Have you tried any of the things below?
    Yea. Updating everything, etc... The only thing I haven't done is completely remove all plugins. (I think it would solve the problem but I want to know which plugin is causing my problem)

- If any other info is needed, i'll be glad to provide it.

Oh also, my water and lava flow very very slowly? Any idea on which plugin causes this?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.