Server freezes during new chunks creation

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by MonkeysLP, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MonkeysLP

Hello,

Hosting a little MC server for me and my buddies. The server runs perfectly great but occasionally it will freeze for 3-5 seconds then resume working as per normal.

I've noticed that it seems to happen when things are being "rendered" in the distance. (During a freeze, I notice that trees and more land was popping up in the distance) so I assume it's chunk creation that is causing the server to freeze.

Is there anything I can do to solve this?

Thank you! :)

As per this thread:

1. What OS are you using (Brand and version - Ex. Windows XP SP3 or Windows 7 x64)?
    Windows 7 64-bit
    2. What architecture is the OS you are running (x64 or x86)?
    64-bit
    3. What version and architecture is your java install? (Type: java -version in command prompt.)
    [​IMG]
    4. Are you running any wrappers? McMyAdmin, mcadmin, Hamachi, etc?
    Nope, just Bukkit and two little plugins.
    5. What build of CraftBukkit are you running? (do NOT say latest. Say the build number.)
    "This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.6.4-R2.0-b2918jnks (MC: 1.6.4) (Implementing API version 1.6.4-R2.0)"
    6. Pastebin.com/Pastie.org your server.log, server.properties and bukkit.yml files.
    server.log, server.properties and bukkit.yml
    7. What command are you using to run your CraftBukkit server?
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms3072M -Xmx3072M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true
    PAUSE
    8. What plugins are you running?
    No PvP Log and NoCheatPlus
    9. What error are you getting (remember to post your server.log file (from the start to finish of your server) - pastebin.com or pastie.org please)?
    None.
    10. What have you tried already?
    Increasing the RAM from 1 to 3GB.
    11. Have you tried any of the things below?
    Not yet, but I was hoping this was a "common issue" that you guys already know how to solve. :)

Thanks.

2. Offline

TehKitti

Maybe try setting view-distance to something lower, try 6 and see if it'll help.

3. Offline

zipfe

Are you also running the Minecraft client on the same computer?

4. Offline

MonkeysLP

I am running the server on my computer and playing on my computer at the same time, yes. Is that an issue?

I disabled all plugins and lowered view-distance.

It did not help.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  5. Offline

Minerva

MonkeysLP

1) How much memory is in the machine?
    2) What video card is in the machine?
    3) What CPU?
    4) Laptop or desktop?
    5) Have you tried monitoring resource utilization while the server and client are running under normal load? It really sounds like something is being overtaxed and your machine just can't keep up.

BTW, great job on the initial post. It's nice to have some info to work from :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.