Server do not want my commands anymore

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by vander_fr, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

vander_fr

Hi,

I have a minecraft server on linux with few plugins from craftbukkit and I have the same bug :

After a while ( seem to be ramdom ) the server just do not accept command any longer from the main terminal (ssh).
    I mean all commands including mains commands like : list, stop, ban, say etc...

I can NOT stop safely my server. I MUST KILL the screen to terminate the process, it's result a roll's back because the server wasn't able to save chunks of course.

Any idea ?

2. Offline

TnT

So you enter stop and it says its an unrecognized command?

3. Offline

vander_fr

no even, it says nothing at all, but the server is woking fine ( I can see logs, events on the server etc... ).

4. Offline

TnT

Your putty sessions isn't showing disconnected by chance, is it?

5. Offline

vander_fr

I don't use putty, I'am on ubuntu the a ssh terminal. I use ssh to connect to the remote server, the MCserver isn't hosted on my pc, i'am pretty sure all is working so well, but the server is'nt.

6. Offline

Plague

Since it is after a while, it really looks like a dropped connection.

7. Offline

vander_fr

Yes but it's stay like that even when I reconnect to the remote screen (screen -x mc_server).
    And the events and loggs displays well.

I will ask to the minecraftforum.net board, thank you for your quicks answers ;)

8. Offline

TnT

So you see new events, but can't type anything? How long does your commands work (aka, how long can you keep typing) before all of a sudden you can't anymore? What happens in between those two times?

9. Offline

mutiny

Ive had this happen fairly often, the server continues to run fine, however the console does not respond to commands anymore, simply added blank spaces on pressing enter. Recoonecting to screen session via screen -x continues the problem. Ubuntu Server connected to through putty ssh and through fedora 14 ssh command. Generally stopping the server and restarting it is the only solution to the problem I have found.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.