Server disconnecting everyone on hitting 300+ players

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by felipepcjr, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

felipepcjr

So every time I reach this ammount of players which is around 290 - 350 players, the disconnects everyone with no plugin errors whatsoever. The log of this going on is here:

http://pastebin.com/DgVVFUfz

I run on Quad intel Xeon E3-1290
    16GB RAM
    dual 128 SSD's
    1GB line.

My plugins are:

Vault, NoCheat, PlayerInfo, AutoMessage, Essentials, iGates, FoundDiamonds, MinecartRemover, AlphaChest-revisited, MCTelnet, PermissionsEx, CFBanner, Vanish2, HeroChat, PrefixedPlayerlist, BorderGuard, ikillShout, MessageChangerLite, WorldEdit, BlockHat, CommandHelper, BukkitCommandBlocker, Permissions, NoPVP, Rank, EssentialsSpawn, CactusAutofarm fix, HideLogin, WorldGuard, LCProtect, LogBlock

Some of them are custom made so I highly doubt that they would be the issue as they were made by really professional developers.

Any help would be largely appreciated.

2. Offline

JohnTheRipper

What is the fetching addpacket for removed player spam from?

3. Offline

Nathan C

What were the recent plugins that you just added? Also are those SSD's in RAID1?

Although here are my thoughts: FoundDiamonds and Essentials could be the issue. Essentials creates multiple text files for each user that joins. FoundDiamonds does not use MySQL and constantly writes to just one huge text file with every precious ore a user finds.

Now with 350 people, that is a lot of writing and file creating to do......and my guess is that could be the cause to the connection reset issues.

If you could, try to remove FoundDiamonds and Essentials temporarily.

Also let us know what you try or if you get it solved. I know from previously that you are infamous for fixing it and never reporting back.

4. Offline

felipepcjr

I removed founddiamonds, Ill post here if it worked or not.

5. Offline

Cecell

Hey I just added your server to my minecraft server list and it shows 240/310. Look like you may have inadvertently lowered your max player count? Try raising that back up to 400 and see if that makes a difference.

6. Offline

ArrowToTheKnee

Is it possible the server could crash like you say if your server can't handle it?

7. Offline

Cecell

Other than all players being disconnected does the log show that the server actually rebooting or crashing?

8. Offline

felipepcjr

no, it just disconnects everyone.

9. Offline

Cecell

You are exceeding your max number of players it appears. Did raising the number of max players work? I just checked and it is still at 310.

10. Offline

felipepcjr

This still happened at 290 players. I cannot afford taking out essentials, as its the most important plugin for my server.

11. Offline

DrAgonmoray

I highly doubt that it's essentials crashing it.
    Have you looked at CPU and/or RAM usage during these peak hours?

12. Offline

felipepcjr

total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 16041 15957 83 0 8 192
    -/+ buffers/cache: 15757 284
    Swap: 18047 5990 12057

processor : 7
    vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    cpu family : 6
    model : 42
    model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31290 @ 3.60GHz
    stepping : 7
    cpu MHz : 3592.050
    cache size : 8192 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings : 8
    core id : 3
    cpu cores : 4
    apicid : 7
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 13
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc nonstop_tsc arat pni monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm
    bogomips : 7183.57
    clflush size : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management: [8]

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  13. Offline

DrAgonmoray

felipepcjr
    Code:

total used   free  shared   buffers    cached
    Mem: 16041 15957  83    0        8          192

Looks like you're running out of RAM.

14. Offline

felipepcjr

Ill see if they have the new RAM modules available, as they where released by intel 2 weeks ago. The E3 models only have 4 RAM sockets.

15. Offline

ledhead900

I think it's time you delved into some deeper Java tuning for your server, your specs seem to be perfectly capable for 200 players, your server has not that many plugins.

Try and find someone who knows more about about java tuning so you can prevent the garbage collector storing too long and also stop java from actually going over memory I know there are java arguments that will prevent java from unintentionally exceeding your maximum set ram by forcing a flush of garbage when it does. I read that when calculating the max players vs ram it should be 1gb per 10 players I don't know if that is entirely true or not.

Good luck - I don't thing your ram will support 400 though at least not if that ram vs players is true, You should install Nolagg as well give it a try it prevents lots of common lag like item stacks and tnt and it reduced bandwidth usage for all players and increases chunk load speeds its really quite remarkable achievement for a plugin. Of course since it deals with items and buffers those it means your server should use less ram as well overall with more players.

Its not all plug and play tho the default settings are fine but you may need to adjust them to better optimize it for your own server loads. I have a nice config that has tnt setup in a way that it did not lag or crash anyone on my server when I ignited over 50,000 tnt.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nolagg/

16. Offline

felipepcjr

Nolagg isn't working at the moment. Will need to wait for an RB or something.

17. Offline

JohnTheRipper

18. Offline

ledhead900

What Nolagg did u get, What CB ver are you using.

You need to use recommend version CB for MC 1.0 and Nolagg 1.56.6 (Warning you do need to disable the Chunk Buffer on 1.56.6 this is a known bug but fixed for 1.58, if your server is running MC 1.1 then you need CB 1781 and Nolagg 1.58, those are the versions that nolagg are for.

Hope this helps.

19. Offline

MrMag518

How big is your map(s)?
    And how many players is rendering chunks per second aproximately?

20. Offline

strontkever

skipped reading all posts, but i think your uploadspeed is at a max, it drops players off then

try running speedtest.net or something to recover your actual upload speed

21. Offline

felipepcjr

My map is not that big, I have a 12k border on it anyways. On average there are 300 players on.

22. If your running one of the later (1.1) builds of craftbukkit, there is a timings command added to cb: /timings merged which outputs a file which highlights potential plugin issues. Once the server has been running for an hour or two, run that command and pastebin the file it creates. If you don't feel comfortable posting it here, you could pm me the file, and i'll give you a quick translation.

23. Offline

felipepcjr

I don't get anything on running this command. Where can I get the latest craftbukkit?

24. Offline

croxis

You might be able to squeeze a hundred more megabytes out of the server by setting /proc/sys/vm/swappiness to 0. Your better bets would be to lower or remove chunk caching systems and lower the view distance (if you haven't already) in addition to the previously mentioned java compiling. You can also try working with VisualVM to find out what the memory hoggers are.

CraftBukkit++ does cpu optimizations only, not ram.

25. Offline

felipepcjr

Thanks! I will give it a try!

26. I'd still like to see the output from /timings merged, only problem is that it is disabled by default in bukkit now, if you type it in console 'timings merged' it will tell you how to enable it. Pastebin the file it makes, after the server has been running a few hours.

27. Offline

felipepcjr

I could not get timings to work, but I changed my startup command, and I used craftbukkit++ and it seams to be much better now.

28. Offline

JohnTheRipper

29. Offline

felipepcjr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.