Server/Client Problems : 1.3

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Coelho, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Coelho

Hello everyone! Instead of making a thread that complains about the glitches, let us make a thread that lists them. Here are the glitches that I have found while I have been playing 1.3.
    • Since the new Minecraft launcher, logging into servers has been more difficult. (Stuck at Logging in)
    • If someone else is in the nether and you teleport him to the normal world, then your world will start exploding. (It shows explosions, however the server is actually not exploding, so the explosions reverse themselves after a period of time)
    • Sometimes when you try to enter a bed it says, "You can only sleep at night", even though it is night.
    • Chunks load from the spawnpoint to you, not from you outward when teleported by server. If you are teleported far away from the spawnpoint, you will have to relog to be able to see anything or you'll have to wait a long period of time.
    • Client/Server synchronization is off extremely. You are not able to see some players for a long period of time if you teleport them.
    • If you have a nether world or multiworld, then all but the mainworld will be reverted to the first state by which they were generated.
    • Sometimes when you have placed a block, you can not remove it until you restart the server.
    • If a player is in a bed and the bed is destroyed, the player remains horizontal to other players.
    • Torches and Buttons jump to adjacent walls sometimes, and sometimes just float/
    If you have any other glitches I should list, post them, Goodbye for now!

2. Offline

DraxisWuf

Actually I've found with the 'can't remove blocks you've placed' bug, it only occurs if you've slept in a bed at some point. So long as you don't sleep in a bed, everything is fine. At least that's been the experience on my server.

3. Offline

Coelho

Ooh thanks for the information!

4. Offline

Infernus

Dropped items not behaving like previous version, before it was going in your direction and got into your inventory and then destroyed, now it doesn't even go in any direction, come in your inventory and just dissappear from the ground.

5. Offline

Coelho

That was fixed.

6. Offline

DraxisWuf

Ok, nevermind. The 'can't destroy placed blocks' bug affects all players randomly, no matter what they do.

7. Offline

ddoolin

The damn teleportation thing is ridiculous. Is this a glitch/bug or just a new way of handling chunk loading?

8. Offline

TnT

Read up here.

9. Offline

ddoolin

Thanks. And here I thought it would stay like this.

10. Offline

jjfs85

• if a player is in a bed and the bed is destroyed, the player remains horizontal to other players
    • torches and buttons jump to adjacent walls sometimes, and sometimes just float

11. Offline

ddoolin

The first one is awesome.

12. Offline

Coelho

Added them, that is funny!
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 4:53 AM ---
    Changed it back.

13. Offline

yummysinsemilla

Actually, the same thing was happening to me, until I updated to the latest recommended build. (432, I think)
    Buttons and torches seem to work normally again.

14. Offline

tension69

Definitely experincing random cases of broken blocks reappearing and teleporting requiring a relog to be seen/see other players with build #432.

15. Offline

DraxisWuf

Had a few players on the latest build [439] for a while and no reports of the bug as of yet.

16. Offline

cybercorey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.