Inactive [SEC] NoCheat v3.5.0 [CB 1.2.4 R1.0][ABANDONED]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Evenprime, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Offline

Evenprime

Xp10d3, Dereku, MyPictures and 35 others like this.
  2. Offline

beastseye

so did permissions work without haveing superperms on old versions

3. Offline

tekac

Nocheat works with build #1106 .. HOWEVER. 1.8 sprint is being declared as "cheating" :D So .. yea.

4. Offline

Shalobee

i guess it uses the same mechanics as flying cause if you give the nocheat.check.flying flag it works just fine

5. Offline

Sh4d0w

found a bug while server start:
    Code:
    2011-09-15 10:50:43 [INFO] [NoCheat] Active Checks:
    2011-09-15 10:50:43 [INFO]   world: moving.flying moving.running moving.swimming moving.sneaking moving.morepackets
    2011-09-15 10:50:43 [INFO]          interact.durability
    2011-09-15 10:50:43 [INFO]          chat.spam
    2011-09-15 10:50:43 [INFO]          blockbreak.direction blockbreak.reach
    2011-09-15 10:50:43 [INFO]          blockplace.onliquid blockplace.reach
    2011-09-15 10:50:43 [INFO]   world_nether: moving.flying moving.running moving.swimming moving.sneaking moving.morepackets
    2011-09-15 10:50:43 [INFO]                 interact.durability
    2011-09-15 10:50:43 [INFO]                 chat.spam
    2011-09-15 10:50:43 [INFO]                 blockbreak.direction blockbreak.reach
    2011-09-15 10:50:43 [INFO]                 blockplace.onliquid blockplace.reach
    2011-09-15 10:50:43 [INFO] [NoCheat] version [2.03b] is enabled.
    It activates only two world; world and world_nether but not world_2

world_2 was created with Multiworld.
    Only if I do /reloadall, the 3rd world will THEN checked with NoCheat and it logs into the server.log
    THEN:
    Code:
    2011-09-15 10:44:28 [INFO] [NoCheat] Active Checks:
    2011-09-15 10:44:28 [INFO]   world: moving.flying moving.running moving.swimming moving.sneaking moving.morepackets
    2011-09-15 10:44:28 [INFO]          interact.durability
    2011-09-15 10:44:28 [INFO]          chat.spam
    2011-09-15 10:44:28 [INFO]          blockbreak.direction blockbreak.reach
    2011-09-15 10:44:28 [INFO]          blockplace.onliquid blockplace.reach
    2011-09-15 10:44:28 [INFO]   world_nether: moving.flying moving.running moving.swimming moving.sneaking moving.morepackets
    2011-09-15 10:44:28 [INFO]                 interact.durability
    2011-09-15 10:44:28 [INFO]                 chat.spam
    2011-09-15 10:44:28 [INFO]                 blockbreak.direction blockbreak.reach
    2011-09-15 10:44:28 [INFO]                 blockplace.onliquid blockplace.reach
    2011-09-15 10:44:28 [INFO]   world_2: moving.flying moving.running moving.swimming moving.sneaking moving.morepackets
    2011-09-15 10:44:28 [INFO]            interact.durability
    2011-09-15 10:44:28 [INFO]            chat.spam
    2011-09-15 10:44:28 [INFO]            blockbreak.direction blockbreak.reach
    2011-09-15 10:44:28 [INFO]            blockplace.onliquid blockplace.reach
    2011-09-15 10:44:28 [INFO] [NoCheat] version [2.03b] is enabled.
    I prefer a global config.yml and no <worldname>.config.yml

6. Offline

Evenprime

Yes.

You can increase the speed variable in the config for the "running" check to avoid that for now, until I really let NoCheat to know the difference.

It just moves the player more blocks per move. But there is a signal that gets sent by the client before and after sprinting, that I should be able to use to know when he is sprinting.

NoCheat will only list the worlds that do already exist when it gets loaded there. It will however always check all worlds, even those that get loaded while it is active, so it should work for "world_2", even if it doesn't display anything on startup.

7. Offline

Sh4d0w

okay thanks i will try it :)

btw: i don't understand the description blockplace.onliquid.check
    Can you tell it better?

8. Offline

Evenprime

I've extended the explaination in descriptions.txt a bit with version 2.03c.

That check should prevent players from placing blocks in or on water/lava. You can't do that in the normal game (you will always have to place your block against some kind other solid block), but some players have a modified game client that allows them to do that.

--------

I've uploaded 2 new versions:

2.03c for CB1060: Option to (de)activate the list of active checks on startup

2.04 for CB ????: Sprint support. Some renamed options to not cause confusion. Experimental. Built for CB #1118, I don't know if it works for earlier/later versions.

9. Offline

Sh4d0w

hm ok, I just wonderes because I get the blockplace.onliquid message while a player build with glass on glass blocks ?! He can do this without a liquid block and i get the message.

10. Offline

Evenprime

Thanks for the info. Maybe glass blocks aren't correctly described as solid blocks in Minecraft/Bukkit, that could explain it. I'll run some tests on all blocks in Minecraft to see if some of them give my plugin false information about their consistence.

11. Offline

Ulthranesh

Hallo
    I got a problem with NoCheat and Essentials
    How can i allow players to use warps?
    Everytime i tested it an admin of mine gets the message that i tryed to use fly/running hack.

12. Offline

Evenprime

Which version of NoCheat are you using, and what do you mean with "warps"? A command, or the violett portals? Normally NoCheat should ignore teleports of all kinds.

-----

I've added a new page "Planned Features" to BukkitDev. If you have any other requests, now that I'm setup to support 1.8 (that was almost painless, only some rough edges remaining), now is the time that I'll listen to them. Except for bringing back "Permissions" support, that won't happen. Maybe at some point I'll give the lengthy explaination of why I won't bring it back.

13. Offline

Ulthranesh

I mean the command /warp
    Wich version it is i dont know... I guess the latest one.
    I dont installed it, just configured.

Edit:
    Ok, I installed the latest version for 1.7.3 but i still get the same message:

[WARNING] NC: shalyna failed running/horizontal

Here is my config:

Attached Files:

14. Offline

wachnlurn

in 2.04 With default config, non op's while in gamemode 1 can, move up 2 blocks and fly horizontally at walking speed. Is this working as intended? I dont know if that opens up the doors for other client mods to do the same, thats why I ask. Does nocheat somehow detect the players gamemode and adjust accordingly?

15. Offline

Evenprime

Game mode 1 is creative? I haven't investigated into that and how it works serverside yet. So could be that that happens. For the next version which I'm currently wrapping up, NoCheat will allow flying for players that are in creative mode automatically (at the speed that an unmodified minecraft client allows), so that potential problem doesn't matter anymore anyway.

I have no idea why that would happen. Which version of Essentials do you use? I'll see if I find out how their "/warp" command works and why it could be a problem in combination with NoCheat. Normally teleports work just fine.

16. Offline

Ulthranesh

Im using Essentials 2.5.8
    Can i give you any configs that may help you?

17. Offline

SBD09

how do i allow people to run on the server? or hasn't it been updated yet?

18. Offline

Evenprime

Went through their code and I really don't see anything that would cause problems with NoCheat. Sorry, seems I can't help you there.

2.04 has a somewhat working support for sprinting. But I recently stumbled upon a bug in combination with sprinting that causes lots of problems (jumping constantly while sprinting will accelerate the player over time) which I'm currently trying to solve somehow.

I've created a bug report at Mojangs GetSatisfaction page:

http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/t...much_much_faster_than_intended_by_the_feature

I'd be happy if you could try that for yourself and if you can reproduce the problem, confirm the bug on that getsatisfaction website, such that it gets more exposure and hopefully fixed at some point.

That bug keeps me from writing a good solution for the new sprinting feature. I've now hacked together a solution that will somewhat work, but it's not nice at all and imprecise as hell.

EDIT: To be sure that you understand what I describe:

[skeleton] <- You
    [skeleton]

[dirt] <- a block of some solid material (e.g. dirt)

[dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt] <- ceiling
    [dirt][skeleton]
    [dirt][skeleton] -> sprint along the tunnel while holding SPACE to jump constantly
    [dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt][dirt] <- ground

Official version of NoCheat with support for sprinting and creative mode of MC 1.8.1 will be released sometime tomorrow (within 24 hours after this post). I need to test some more, but don't have the energy and nerves for that now.

It will change some of the config settings and permissions too, to make everything more easily understandable (hopefully).

Don't forget to support my cause: Bug Report. The faster it gets fixed, the better NoCheat will work in the future.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  19. Offline

Valdiralita

your NoCheat plugin has some problems:

"[WARNING] NC: Sornehan failed running/horizontal"

only OP can SPEEDHACK and fly UP(!)
    non OP can't speedhack, only fly on SAME layer or flying DOWN

CB: rev.1118-1131
    NC: for CB 1118

regards Valdiralita

20. Offline

Evenprime

@wachnlurn :
    @Valdiralita :

I've found the problem why people are able to fly horizontally. Will be fixed in the next version.

21. Offline

Valdiralita

its not that people are allowed to fly... nocheat is ignoring permissions and falls back to OP

22. Offline

Evenprime

It only listens to "SuperPerms". You'd have to use a plugin that supports "SuperPerms" and explicitly set those permissions, else it will use the default which is OP can do everything, non-OP can do nothing.

23. Offline

wachnlurn

i had no permissions plugin at all when testing this. Just NoCheat, mxAntiPVPcheat, pluginReloader... and thats about it if i recall. So yes my testing methods were with just /op me /deop me.

24. Offline

Evenprime

25. Offline

APhilosopher

hey im running nocheat version 2.04 and the anti spam feature doesnt seem to be working for me
    heres my config

chat.check = "true"
    chat.spam.check = "true"
    chat.spam.timeframe = "5"
    chat.spam.limit = "5"
    chat.spam.actions.0 = "spamLog spamCancel"

^what does the 0 denote?^

i googled around a searched the bukkit forums but have found nothing explaining the purpose of that value, the 0 which comes after the word 'actions',

otherwise is the config proper to stop spam? cause i am still getting it,

26. Offline

Evenprime

Config should be correct that way. The 0 denotes that what is written in that line should be done if the player is 0 or more messages above the limit. You could e.g. add another line:
    chat.spam.actions.20 = "do something else like kicking the player"
    to define what should happen if a player sends 20 or more messages above the limit.

Do you use any chat plugins that modify how the chat works?

27. Offline

idragon2000

thanks mate for a great plugin!

28. Offline

cvxx7q

@Evenprime great work, sprint is working fine on #1145

and u were online just minutes ago! damn i missed you, i was reading posts :p

29. Offline

arctic_wolf92

is there a way to have no cheat allow certain people an op designates to bypass nocheat?

30. Offline

PhantomServer

I'm running CB 1129 and NC [2.05v]
    My friends have trouble with sprinting. I have given them the nocheat.* permission and they can fly and speedhack what so ever except they can't sprint on 1.8
    When I check the server console it shows up with
    Code:
    16:45:47 [SEVERE] NC: DylanEdward failed to runfly/vertical
    Plz help we wanna sprint

31. Offline

Evenprime

The error message actually means that they somehow moved to high (vertical), not to far (horizontal). Which is strange, as sprinting does not increase the height of jumps at all. Jumps are always roughly 1.35 blocks in height.

Can you check where they are trying to sprint and give me a screenshot of that location? It may be that some block-type doesn't get recognized by NoCheat correctly or something like that.

This is for v2.xx of NoCheat: If you don't do anything at all, by default OP players will bypass NoCheat. If you use a plugin that supports "SuperPerms", you can choose who gets to bypass NoCheat by setting permissions accordingly: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nocheat/pages/permissions/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016