Inactive [SEC/MECH/ECON] Residence v2.4.2 - Self serve area protection system! Buy/Sell Land! Economy! [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by bekvon, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bekvon

MOVED TO DEV BUKKIT:
    [​IMG]
    News

v2.4.2 Released - 9/24/2011​
    See the change log for details.​
    Everyone using PermissionsEx, Essentials, or anything else besides the regular permissions plugin or PermissionsBukkit should add or change this in their config under the Global section:
    LegacyPermissions: true
    As of 2.4.0 the bPermissions plugin is supported directly.​
    As of 2.3.7 the PermissionsBukkit plugin is supported directly.​
    This support is not done through the new built in Permissions that bukkit provides, because there is no way to get a players group using the built in methods. However, by supporting this directly, you can now use the new permissions system while still keeping Residence, and not having to use old permissions at all anymore.​

Latest Recommended Build
    Version: v2.4.2
    Download: Residence

Latest Development Build
    Latest Snapshot: Residence.jar
    Latest Config: config.yml

Links
    Developer API: Wiki
    GitHub Source: GitHub
    DevBukkit Project Page: DevBukkit

[​IMG]

Contributors:
    Daniel Few (Wiki)​
    Linaks (Residence Logo)​
    SirHedgehog (Code)
    GSValore (Code)​
    Samkio (Wiki Video)​
    JustinGuy (Code)​

Addons:
    Residence Signs (by KarnEdge)​

NOTE: All Residence usage information has been moved to the wiki!

About:
    Residence is different from most protection plugins in that it aims for the users to be able to protect their own homes without having to bother the admin to do it. Residence has support for a variety of different protection types including preventing movement through areas, all of which can be configured by the land owner, and limited by the admin.​
    Features:
    Features (open)

• Allows players to define protected areas for themselves.
    • Individual permissions for each protected area. Land owner can give / deny permissions globally or to other specific players.
    • Different permissions per land include: move, build, use, pvp, fire, teleport, monsters spawn, damage prevention
    • Support for group permissions on protections.
    • Multi-World support.
    • Teleport system to allow users to teleport to residences.
    • Collision detection system to prevent residences from overlapping.
    • Limits to protected size can be set up by the admin.
    • Limits to number of protected areas per player can be set.
    • Two ways to select land including using the select command, or using a item to select 2 points.
    • Messages when you enter / leave a residence. (customizable)
    • Land "leasing" system which requires users to renew the lease on their protection every X number of days or loose the protection. (off by default, see config file)
    • Recursive Sub-zoning. Create zones within zones, and then zones within those zones...
    • TONS of configuration for admins. Customize every single flag that players can or cannot use in the config file, based on their permissions group.
    • (Optional) IConomy support, can set up cost per X number of blocks protected.
    • (Optional) Permissions support.
    • In-game help / commands descriptions

ChangeLog
    v2.4.2
    • Fix bug affecting some people with the new save system
    v2.4.1
    • Support for iConomy 6
    • Prevent enderman from messing with blocks in residences with the -build flag.
    • Paintings are now protected properly (Thanks JustinGuy!)
    • Fix Rent auto-renew bug.
    • Fix other miscellaneous small bugs.
    ChangeLog (open)

v2.4.0
    • Support for bPermissions
    • Add "/res pset <residence> [player] removeall" command to remove all flags for that player
    • Added console only command "/resworld remove [world]" to remove all residences in a world.
    • "/res remove" now requires confirmation using the "/res confirm" command, before removing a residence.
    • Fixed subzone flag.
    • Fixed a few null pointer exceptions related to the "/res message" command, and a few other issues with it as well.
    • Fixed few cosmetic rent message bugs.
    • Fixed few mispellings...
    v2.3.9
    - Added name filter to Residences to prevent characters that mess up YML from being used. This should fix many of the errored YML files that people have been getting.
    - Fixed arrow damage in no-pvp zones (bug introduced in the Residence 1060 update).
    - Added a "Permissions Group" line of text into /res limits, this will show your Permissions group as reported by Residence.

v2.3.8
    - Fixes to better handle the piston flag, and world "flow" flags (thx JustinGuy :) )
    - "Use" flag now covers trap doors.
    - Lease renewal can now be pulled from the Residence's bank.
    - Buying a residence now causes the default flags to be set for the user who is buying it.
    - Minor fixes to new PermissionsBukkit support (fix message about permissions not being detected when it actually was)
    - Added a few miscellaneous forgotten commands to the in-game Residence help.

v2.3.7
    • Added direct support for PermissionsBukkit (doesn't go through the bukkit API)
    • Added LegacyPermissions true/false config option.
    v2.3.6
    • Support for residence.admin and residence.create permission nodes using new permission system.
    • Recommend using SuperPermsBridge or something that ensures backwards compatibility with old permissions.
    • Few permission changes to hopefully make it work better.
    v2.3.5
    • Fix for firespread flag with CB1000.
    • Added "piston" flag.
    v2.3.4
    • Fixes for CB1000
    • Fixes for a few minor bugs, and for concurrent modification issue with the Lease Manager.
    v2.3.3
    • Removed subzone list from /res info, and gave it its own command that supports multiple pages, /res sublist <residence> <page>
    • If the save file errors, it will now be preserved rather then overwritten, it will be renamed res-ERRORED.yml, the plugin will now disable itself upon error as well unless the StopOnSaveFault option in the config is set to false.
    • Fixed non-working per-world flags.
    • Fixed a few message bugs.
    • Add /resadmin removeall <player> admin command to remove all residences owned by a player.
    v2.3.2
    • Changed MaxUpDown in the default config to 128...
    • Fixed issue with /res vert still selecting more then the MaxUpDown allowed.
    v2.3.1
    • Fixed a few initial issues with a couple language localization messages.
    • Removed area list from /res info, use /res area list [residence] or /res area listall [residence] now.
    v2.3
    • New language localization system, upon first run v2.3 will create a Languages folder under your Residence config folder with the default English.yml file.
    • New in-game help system. (part of the new language localization system)
    • All commands now run without admin privileges unless you specify /resadmin before.
    • Added config option to allow rented residences to be modifiable. (PreventRentModify option)
    • Fixes to improve compatibility with Permissions 3.X
    • /res listall now has pages
    • Added the "physics" flag to control block movement. (separated from the flow flag more like)
    • New ResidenceTPEvent, and ResidenceRentEvent API events
    • Fixed residences not being properly removed from lease / rent system, upon deletion.
    • Fixed bug related to default group option in the config.
    • Fixed global "container" flag bug.
    • Fixed some NPE's related to explosions.
    • Added /resload command to load the save file after you make changes to it (UNSAFE, as it does not save residences first, and so you may loose new residences that were just created)
    v2.2
    • Added per residence Blacklist/Ignorelists that will allow you to specify certain block types to be ignored from residence protections, or unable to be placed in residences.
    • Added Server owned land, use /resadmin server <residence> to change the owner to "Server Owned"
    • Added global Ignorelists which allow certain block types to become unprotectable for the whole world / for a specific user group.
    v2.1.3
    • Fixed a couple bugs with the lease system, including being enabled when it shouldn't be and the lease auto-renew option.
    v2.1.2
    • Added "/res area replace" command, allows you to resize / move a physical area. If the new area is bigger, it will only charge you for the difference in size.
    • Added 'waterflow' and 'lavaflow' flags which override the flow flag if set.
    • Fixed a bug causing money to still be charged when failing to add a area to a residence.
    v2.1.1
    • Fix case sensitivity bug in rent system.
    v2.1
    • BOSEconomy support.
    • Essentials Economy support.
    • RealShop Economy support.
    • Added the 'place' and 'destroy' flags, which if used overrule the 'build' flag. These allow you to give only block placement permissions in a certain area, or only block destroy permissions.
    • /res check [residence] [flag] <player> command, this command evaluates if <player> is affected by [flag] at [residence]. You can leave off <player> and it will use your name.
    • Added a LeaseAutoRenew config option, that will cause leases to automatically renew so long as the player has the money to do so. Note that, if economy is disabled this doesn't work, as there would be no point to leases. Needs Testing! :)
    • Global FlagPermission config section, that allows you to give permission to use a flag to all groups, useful for the build / move / use flag that you almost definitely want everyone to have access to. Flags under each individual group will overrule these.
    • You can now set a limits on how deep or how high protections can go into the group, using each groups MinHeight and MaxHeight settings.
    • /res select sky, and /res select bedrock commands, these auto adjust to the above mentioned MinHeight and MaxHeight settings, so it won't select into a area you can't protect.
    • Rent system implemented.
    • Many bug fixes, including proper creeper explosion prevention now. Also, fixed some bugs when renaming residences.
    • New healing flag.
    • The monsters flag has been split up into "animals" and "monsters" now.
    • New Developer API, including custom Bukkit events.
    • New Global CreatorDefault / GroupDefault / ResidenceDefault flag sections to help clean up the Groups section, and remove redundant flags.
    • Probably some other minor things I've forgot :)
    v2.0
    - Residence 2.0 now in alpha testing, core code has been mostly rewritten.​
    - Supports multiple areas per residence using '/res area <add/remove>' commands.​
    - Added new selection commands '/res select expand' and '/res select shift'​
    - Added Predefined permission lists that can be applyed to residences.​
    - Enter / Leave messages now support %player, %owner and %area variables.​
    - Config file has been cleaned up and most things are better named.​
    - Should be fixed to work with newer iConomy versions.​
    - Save system now only uses yml as save format.​
    - Save system wont corrupt the whole file if one residences gets corrupted, you just loose that one residence.​
    - When a residence changes owner, flags are set to default for that owner.​
    - Added '/res default' command to manually reset flags to default.​
    - Released source code for v2.0​

v1.2.8 - BETA
    - Fixed broken flag setting permissions.​

v1.2.7 - BETA
    - Fixed chests being able to be opened from outside protected area.​
    - Fixed enter/leave message (hopefully)​
    v1.2.6 - BETA
    - Updated for CB 612 / Minecraft 1.4​
    v1.2.5 - BETA
    - Fixed tiny bug in saving messages.​
    - yml is now the default save format because its more reliable.​

v1.2.4 - BETA
    - Fixed bug related to fire / ignite event.​
    - Added ability to remove enter / leave messages​

v1.2.3 - BETA
    - Added a optional different save system, you can now save residences in pure YML format (same format as config files). See the config file for how to enable.​

v1.2.2 - BETA
    - Fixed TP bug.​

v1.2.1 - BETA
    - Fixed bug in new saving system.​

v1.2 - BETA
    - New save system, will attempt to auto-convert from old system.
    - Fixed some permission bugs when not using permissions plugin.​
    - OPs are now residence admins when not using permissions.​
    - Fixed collisions detection issues related to having multiple worlds.​
    - Added global pvp setting.​
    - Added a "flow" flag to control water/lava flow in residences.​
    v1.1.9 - BETA
    - Fixed a severe bug when not using permissions.​

v1.1.8 - BETA
    - Fixed a subzone bug.​
    v1.1.7 - BETA
    - Added ability to buy and sell land using /res market commands.​
    - Added a land leasing system which can be configured to expire protections if they are not renewed after a period of time. See the /res lease command. (this is off by default, turn it on and customize it in the config)​
    - Implemented a Auto-Save interval. Saves residence areas every X minutes.​
    - Fixed minor onBlockIgnite error.​
    - Added a few admins commands using /resadmin.​

v1.1.6 - BETA
    - Fixed spaces not working in enter / leave messages.​

v1.1.5 - BETA
    - Added Enter / Leave messages for Residences, as well as a permission option in the config to allow / deny changing of them.​
    - Fixed residence admins not being able to modify the outside world when using deny build rights outside of residences.​
    - Fixed issue related to default group.​
    - Added a config option to specify the default group.​

v1.1.4 - BETA
    - Fixed bug in group permissions...​
    v1.1.3 - BETA
    - Changed the configuration vastly again, server admins now have control over every flag for every group.​
    - Group permissions implemented, but in need of TESTING! :)
    - World permission implemented (default world permissions for when you are not in a residence zone)​
    - Fixes subzone collision bug.​

v1.1.2 - BETA
    - Fixed residence admins still requiring IConomy money.​
    - Fixed a bug with TNT explosions.​

v1.1.1 - BETA
    - Fixed bug breaking subzone permissions.​

v1.1 - BETA
    - Recusive sub-zoning, make subzones within zones, and then subzones within those subzones :)
    - Different limits based on permissions group​
    - New setting for choosing the selection tool item id.​
    - Anti-lag configuration option.​
    - Moved some permissions into the config file.​
    - All protections are now OFF by default.​

v1.0.1 - 3/21/2011
    - Added permissions / config option to disable teleports.​

v1.0 - 3/20/2011
    - Initial Release​

Bug Reports:
    Please include at minimum the following information with all bug reports:
    • CraftBukkit Version
    • Residence Version
    • What you were doing when the error occurred.
    If available, also include:
    • Any server console error messages
    • Other plugins that may be causing the issue

2. Offline

tr00dudu

not sure man, sometimes they despawn sometimes they just damage entities. 1 things for sure, they dont destroy blocks :p

i have a different problem now. i'm trying to add an area to one of the subzones in my main residence, and it says my main residence si in the way... the f? :p

apparently the problem is this plugin itself, its listed as a bug iirc. just disable people's abilities to limit movement inside their residences for now :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  3. Offline

Daniel Few

Yes i'm having this problem too. I messaged bekvon a couple of days ago but he's busy with the next update :) It'll get sorted soon i'm sure.
    -DanJames

4. Offline

Pencil

Hey, i just wanted to let you know that paintings aren't protected :/ Not sure if you know that already. It's not a big deal tho.

5. Offline

Daniel Few

@bekvon
    Is there any way to make a chat tag so if solo-chat tag so if solo-chat is true on a residence only people in that residence can hear each other?
    So Solo-Chat=TRUE people in that residence can hear each other but no one eslse can hear them
    Everywhere outside of the residence can hear each other but they cant hear the people in that residence

If multiple residence's have the solo-chat tag they all have their own private chat inside.-
    -DanJames

6. Offline

bekvon

The flags are in the development version now :) 'destroy' and 'place' overrule the build flag. So even if somone has -build, if they have +destroy they will still be able to destroy. Likewise, even if they have +build, if they have -destroy, they wont be able to destroy. Needs some more testing to make sure it works though :)

Looks like from the very top most message ( at com.nijiko.permissions.Control.getGroup(Control.java:535) ), it blew up inside of Permissions actually... Perhaps you made a change to your Permissions config file and accidentally introduced a error? :oops:
    Yea, I broke subzones again while moving some stuff around hehe... should be fixed now in latest dev version :)

The moving too quickly problem needs more troubleshooting, im not convinced its not coming from another plugin simply because I cannot reproduce the error on my side :(

Sure :) could probably do something like that.

7. Offline

Grimmy777

I love this mod! is there any way though that you can add a healing over time flag for residences? like for healing fountain sub-zones? Also, can you make the pvp flag override the minecraft permissions settings for that residence? Again, thank you for the great plugin!

8. Offline

Avous

@bekvon

Destroys working great so far thanks much!

9. Offline

bekvon

Thanks :) Its possible to add a healing flag, I'll think about how to do it.

FlagPermissions is a section I just added in the dev build, its simply a way to globally allow / dis-sallow players to use flags you specify under it. So if you put "build: true" underneath it, it simply allows any player in any group to change build flags for their residence. Understand that this section is meant to allow / dis-allow the changing of a flag, its not actually affecting the flag itself. Hope that helps :)

10. Offline

Avous

yup yup got it all set up works like a charm :p thanks much

@bekvon

hmm... im testing it on my Mod permissions (set myself as a mod up from user) and i cant get access to any flags? does this not inherit access from my User group? (I cant get access to update my flag either even if i own the residence)

and im able to damage mobs in town even though they cant hit me back set on my non default permissions

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

Nytemare3701

Update: Still a problem on 766, and now PvP flags are being ignored too (even though they say No PvP)

12. Offline

e_zach

hey there, awsome plugin, tho i am having an issue with the new version.
    on the previous version, with explosions turned off, creepers would puff up, but stick around.
    this was a hit on my server, as we could have 'pet' creepers.
    now with the new flags, creepers seem to 'pop'. no explosion but they still deal damage.
    it's a real pain, would it be possible to have the creepers working like before, i.e they don't die or deal damage.
    had to disable damage on my server atm.... :'(

13. Offline

yummysinsemilla

I love this plugin. However there's a feature I'd love to see. Like a "saved state" for each residence. You can do whatever you want to it, and then reset the residence to the old "state". Would that be possible?

14. Offline

rustayne

Got a quick couple of questions about this plugin. First is, if you setup a lease system, who gets the money on the lease. If it isn't the owner of the residence, is there a way to set it up? I currently have a huge area, 202x201 land, that I want to rent out to people on my server. I want it all to be protected, as to prevent griefing. Not sure if this is possible or not though.

15. Offline

Joman

Hello i got a huge Problem with this Plugin, everything is working perfect but i dont know to create an residence with my Axe -,- .
    I just could create primary or secondary point -,-

mfg J0MAN

16. Offline

armoreddice

My server gets this error, and sometimes all the residences get deleted, I am wondering if its the plugin issue or my server issue.

2011-05-12 13:31:24 [SEVERE] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceededException in thread "Thread-0"
    2011-05-12 13:31:26 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-3" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

17. Offline

Grimmy777

This would be your server running out of memory. Possibly because you have too many plugins.

Cool, thanks. I was trying to figure out your pluging by going through the code by I could not find where it looked for what flags are applied and then taking action based off of them. I'm very new to Java so I guess I will just leave it to the experts. Besides, if I make my own change then I can't get your updates with out having to apply my change to each of your changes.

18. Offline

tr00dudu

+1 !!!

i tottally want health over time flag :D

19. Offline

yup8

when is rent comming?

20. Offline

Daniel Few

Not possible yet, but bekvon is brining out rent option soon. Check back for that.

Check the wiki: Creating, Protecting and Mofifying a Selection.
    -DanJames

You might want to try opening you server start batch file (.bat) and adding more memory that the server can use. Look at the bukkit installation guide for this.
    -DanJames

21. Offline

Grimmy777

If you are having your server hosted by another company you will most likely have to ask them for memory which may come at an additional charge. Most server sites charge per slot and then allocate memory according to how many slots you have rented.

22. Offline

Nelien

As long as they charge less than what you ask them for it's a great deal ;P.

Sorry for off-topic ;). Great work on the latest development versions bekvon, the rent system seems to be coming along nicely!

23. Offline

Zixt

I have a hotel using Residence but it is inside a worldguard protected region. Is there any way residence can override restrictions for buttons and such? I want people inside the hotel to be able to use button for elevator.

24. Offline

chicagosandman

Can Residence block bucket use? Some guys are spamming my server and I thought this plugin would help. Unfortunately it seems that they can still use buckets...

25. Offline

Cannoisseur

Hello. First off, thank you for the great mod!

Secondly, I have two issues. My first issue is the fact that the wooden pickaxe tool does not work for tile selection to set a zone. The string works ONLY AFTER I set a zone using /res create X Y Z.

This brings me to my second problem. If I set a zone as /res create X Y Z, it creates my entire map as a zone. I input my coords from F3, but it makes my entire world my zone, as opposed to the 50x50x50 tile limit I set in the config file.

26. Offline

Daniel Few

In you're global settings, make 'flow' equal 'false' if it's not there add it:

build=true
    use=true
    flow=false

this will stop anyone being able to flow water everywhere. If you have a specific residence you want to have flowing water, '/res set flow true' while standing in the residence.
    -DanJames

Are you using the latest recommended build or the development snapshot? The development snapshop may have bugs as it's not fully tested yet.
    -DanJames

27. Offline

Nlioc4

Please, Please, Please add BOSEconomy support! I run BOSEconomy and wish I could use this plugin. I started with Iconomy but that always gave me a load of errors... :(

28. Offline

ArcaneThinker

Ok i am little murky on the permissions setup. I currently have 6 roles defined in the permissions plugin. Admin, Mod, VIP, Builder, Member, and Guest. To make permissions in Residence i need to add these to my world file in /plugins/Residence/res.yml file. Then i need to define the permissions for each role in my /plugins/Residence/config.yml file. Correct? Also in the world file res.yml would the format be "permissionLists: {Admin, Mod, VIP, Builder, Member, Guest}"?

Thanks.

29. Offline

kleril

@bekvon
    Yes, I believe you understood correctly. What I am trying to do specifically is to have 3 groups / demographics of players. 1 group is in an area which is designated to be 'peaceful'. Any and all greifing is forbidden. The other 2 groups are in a perpetual state of war, but can receive assistance from the 'peaceful' group in the form of resources or manpower (ie. building). Each of the two warring nations have complete access to the other's towns, and can greif them into oblivion, while they must leave the 'peaceful' players alone. These 'peaceful' players are not allowed to directly enter combat or greif either of the two nations in their own.

As you have addressed this already, can you please implement it in some way or form? I really need to install an area protection mod on my server, and due to the unique nature of its infrastructure I need this feature or the entire plugin becomes redundant.

30. Offline

ThatGuy295

Hey, there seems to be a problem for me.
    When I use the command /res select vert nothing happens the message appears but it dosent work.

Check it out?

31. Offline

KhaosDiem

Residence vs. Towny...? Which is better for economy town wise...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.