Inactive [SEC/MECH/ECON] Residence v2.4.2 - Self serve area protection system! Buy/Sell Land! Economy! [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by bekvon, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bekvon

MOVED TO DEV BUKKIT:
    [​IMG]
    News

v2.4.2 Released - 9/24/2011​
    See the change log for details.​
    Everyone using PermissionsEx, Essentials, or anything else besides the regular permissions plugin or PermissionsBukkit should add or change this in their config under the Global section:
    LegacyPermissions: true
    As of 2.4.0 the bPermissions plugin is supported directly.​
    As of 2.3.7 the PermissionsBukkit plugin is supported directly.​
    This support is not done through the new built in Permissions that bukkit provides, because there is no way to get a players group using the built in methods. However, by supporting this directly, you can now use the new permissions system while still keeping Residence, and not having to use old permissions at all anymore.​

Latest Recommended Build
    Version: v2.4.2
    Download: Residence

Latest Development Build
    Latest Snapshot: Residence.jar
    Latest Config: config.yml

Links
    Developer API: Wiki
    GitHub Source: GitHub
    DevBukkit Project Page: DevBukkit

[​IMG]

Contributors:
    Daniel Few (Wiki)​
    Linaks (Residence Logo)​
    SirHedgehog (Code)
    GSValore (Code)​
    Samkio (Wiki Video)​
    JustinGuy (Code)​

Addons:
    Residence Signs (by KarnEdge)​

NOTE: All Residence usage information has been moved to the wiki!

About:
    Residence is different from most protection plugins in that it aims for the users to be able to protect their own homes without having to bother the admin to do it. Residence has support for a variety of different protection types including preventing movement through areas, all of which can be configured by the land owner, and limited by the admin.​
    Features:
    Features (open)

• Allows players to define protected areas for themselves.
    • Individual permissions for each protected area. Land owner can give / deny permissions globally or to other specific players.
    • Different permissions per land include: move, build, use, pvp, fire, teleport, monsters spawn, damage prevention
    • Support for group permissions on protections.
    • Multi-World support.
    • Teleport system to allow users to teleport to residences.
    • Collision detection system to prevent residences from overlapping.
    • Limits to protected size can be set up by the admin.
    • Limits to number of protected areas per player can be set.
    • Two ways to select land including using the select command, or using a item to select 2 points.
    • Messages when you enter / leave a residence. (customizable)
    • Land "leasing" system which requires users to renew the lease on their protection every X number of days or loose the protection. (off by default, see config file)
    • Recursive Sub-zoning. Create zones within zones, and then zones within those zones...
    • TONS of configuration for admins. Customize every single flag that players can or cannot use in the config file, based on their permissions group.
    • (Optional) IConomy support, can set up cost per X number of blocks protected.
    • (Optional) Permissions support.
    • In-game help / commands descriptions

ChangeLog
    v2.4.2
    • Fix bug affecting some people with the new save system
    v2.4.1
    • Support for iConomy 6
    • Prevent enderman from messing with blocks in residences with the -build flag.
    • Paintings are now protected properly (Thanks JustinGuy!)
    • Fix Rent auto-renew bug.
    • Fix other miscellaneous small bugs.
    ChangeLog (open)

v2.4.0
    • Support for bPermissions
    • Add "/res pset <residence> [player] removeall" command to remove all flags for that player
    • Added console only command "/resworld remove [world]" to remove all residences in a world.
    • "/res remove" now requires confirmation using the "/res confirm" command, before removing a residence.
    • Fixed subzone flag.
    • Fixed a few null pointer exceptions related to the "/res message" command, and a few other issues with it as well.
    • Fixed few cosmetic rent message bugs.
    • Fixed few mispellings...
    v2.3.9
    - Added name filter to Residences to prevent characters that mess up YML from being used. This should fix many of the errored YML files that people have been getting.
    - Fixed arrow damage in no-pvp zones (bug introduced in the Residence 1060 update).
    - Added a "Permissions Group" line of text into /res limits, this will show your Permissions group as reported by Residence.

v2.3.8
    - Fixes to better handle the piston flag, and world "flow" flags (thx JustinGuy :) )
    - "Use" flag now covers trap doors.
    - Lease renewal can now be pulled from the Residence's bank.
    - Buying a residence now causes the default flags to be set for the user who is buying it.
    - Minor fixes to new PermissionsBukkit support (fix message about permissions not being detected when it actually was)
    - Added a few miscellaneous forgotten commands to the in-game Residence help.

v2.3.7
    • Added direct support for PermissionsBukkit (doesn't go through the bukkit API)
    • Added LegacyPermissions true/false config option.
    v2.3.6
    • Support for residence.admin and residence.create permission nodes using new permission system.
    • Recommend using SuperPermsBridge or something that ensures backwards compatibility with old permissions.
    • Few permission changes to hopefully make it work better.
    v2.3.5
    • Fix for firespread flag with CB1000.
    • Added "piston" flag.
    v2.3.4
    • Fixes for CB1000
    • Fixes for a few minor bugs, and for concurrent modification issue with the Lease Manager.
    v2.3.3
    • Removed subzone list from /res info, and gave it its own command that supports multiple pages, /res sublist <residence> <page>
    • If the save file errors, it will now be preserved rather then overwritten, it will be renamed res-ERRORED.yml, the plugin will now disable itself upon error as well unless the StopOnSaveFault option in the config is set to false.
    • Fixed non-working per-world flags.
    • Fixed a few message bugs.
    • Add /resadmin removeall <player> admin command to remove all residences owned by a player.
    v2.3.2
    • Changed MaxUpDown in the default config to 128...
    • Fixed issue with /res vert still selecting more then the MaxUpDown allowed.
    v2.3.1
    • Fixed a few initial issues with a couple language localization messages.
    • Removed area list from /res info, use /res area list [residence] or /res area listall [residence] now.
    v2.3
    • New language localization system, upon first run v2.3 will create a Languages folder under your Residence config folder with the default English.yml file.
    • New in-game help system. (part of the new language localization system)
    • All commands now run without admin privileges unless you specify /resadmin before.
    • Added config option to allow rented residences to be modifiable. (PreventRentModify option)
    • Fixes to improve compatibility with Permissions 3.X
    • /res listall now has pages
    • Added the "physics" flag to control block movement. (separated from the flow flag more like)
    • New ResidenceTPEvent, and ResidenceRentEvent API events
    • Fixed residences not being properly removed from lease / rent system, upon deletion.
    • Fixed bug related to default group option in the config.
    • Fixed global "container" flag bug.
    • Fixed some NPE's related to explosions.
    • Added /resload command to load the save file after you make changes to it (UNSAFE, as it does not save residences first, and so you may loose new residences that were just created)
    v2.2
    • Added per residence Blacklist/Ignorelists that will allow you to specify certain block types to be ignored from residence protections, or unable to be placed in residences.
    • Added Server owned land, use /resadmin server <residence> to change the owner to "Server Owned"
    • Added global Ignorelists which allow certain block types to become unprotectable for the whole world / for a specific user group.
    v2.1.3
    • Fixed a couple bugs with the lease system, including being enabled when it shouldn't be and the lease auto-renew option.
    v2.1.2
    • Added "/res area replace" command, allows you to resize / move a physical area. If the new area is bigger, it will only charge you for the difference in size.
    • Added 'waterflow' and 'lavaflow' flags which override the flow flag if set.
    • Fixed a bug causing money to still be charged when failing to add a area to a residence.
    v2.1.1
    • Fix case sensitivity bug in rent system.
    v2.1
    • BOSEconomy support.
    • Essentials Economy support.
    • RealShop Economy support.
    • Added the 'place' and 'destroy' flags, which if used overrule the 'build' flag. These allow you to give only block placement permissions in a certain area, or only block destroy permissions.
    • /res check [residence] [flag] <player> command, this command evaluates if <player> is affected by [flag] at [residence]. You can leave off <player> and it will use your name.
    • Added a LeaseAutoRenew config option, that will cause leases to automatically renew so long as the player has the money to do so. Note that, if economy is disabled this doesn't work, as there would be no point to leases. Needs Testing! :)
    • Global FlagPermission config section, that allows you to give permission to use a flag to all groups, useful for the build / move / use flag that you almost definitely want everyone to have access to. Flags under each individual group will overrule these.
    • You can now set a limits on how deep or how high protections can go into the group, using each groups MinHeight and MaxHeight settings.
    • /res select sky, and /res select bedrock commands, these auto adjust to the above mentioned MinHeight and MaxHeight settings, so it won't select into a area you can't protect.
    • Rent system implemented.
    • Many bug fixes, including proper creeper explosion prevention now. Also, fixed some bugs when renaming residences.
    • New healing flag.
    • The monsters flag has been split up into "animals" and "monsters" now.
    • New Developer API, including custom Bukkit events.
    • New Global CreatorDefault / GroupDefault / ResidenceDefault flag sections to help clean up the Groups section, and remove redundant flags.
    • Probably some other minor things I've forgot :)
    v2.0
    - Residence 2.0 now in alpha testing, core code has been mostly rewritten.​
    - Supports multiple areas per residence using '/res area <add/remove>' commands.​
    - Added new selection commands '/res select expand' and '/res select shift'​
    - Added Predefined permission lists that can be applyed to residences.​
    - Enter / Leave messages now support %player, %owner and %area variables.​
    - Config file has been cleaned up and most things are better named.​
    - Should be fixed to work with newer iConomy versions.​
    - Save system now only uses yml as save format.​
    - Save system wont corrupt the whole file if one residences gets corrupted, you just loose that one residence.​
    - When a residence changes owner, flags are set to default for that owner.​
    - Added '/res default' command to manually reset flags to default.​
    - Released source code for v2.0​

v1.2.8 - BETA
    - Fixed broken flag setting permissions.​

v1.2.7 - BETA
    - Fixed chests being able to be opened from outside protected area.​
    - Fixed enter/leave message (hopefully)​
    v1.2.6 - BETA
    - Updated for CB 612 / Minecraft 1.4​
    v1.2.5 - BETA
    - Fixed tiny bug in saving messages.​
    - yml is now the default save format because its more reliable.​

v1.2.4 - BETA
    - Fixed bug related to fire / ignite event.​
    - Added ability to remove enter / leave messages​

v1.2.3 - BETA
    - Added a optional different save system, you can now save residences in pure YML format (same format as config files). See the config file for how to enable.​

v1.2.2 - BETA
    - Fixed TP bug.​

v1.2.1 - BETA
    - Fixed bug in new saving system.​

v1.2 - BETA
    - New save system, will attempt to auto-convert from old system.
    - Fixed some permission bugs when not using permissions plugin.​
    - OPs are now residence admins when not using permissions.​
    - Fixed collisions detection issues related to having multiple worlds.​
    - Added global pvp setting.​
    - Added a "flow" flag to control water/lava flow in residences.​
    v1.1.9 - BETA
    - Fixed a severe bug when not using permissions.​

v1.1.8 - BETA
    - Fixed a subzone bug.​
    v1.1.7 - BETA
    - Added ability to buy and sell land using /res market commands.​
    - Added a land leasing system which can be configured to expire protections if they are not renewed after a period of time. See the /res lease command. (this is off by default, turn it on and customize it in the config)​
    - Implemented a Auto-Save interval. Saves residence areas every X minutes.​
    - Fixed minor onBlockIgnite error.​
    - Added a few admins commands using /resadmin.​

v1.1.6 - BETA
    - Fixed spaces not working in enter / leave messages.​

v1.1.5 - BETA
    - Added Enter / Leave messages for Residences, as well as a permission option in the config to allow / deny changing of them.​
    - Fixed residence admins not being able to modify the outside world when using deny build rights outside of residences.​
    - Fixed issue related to default group.​
    - Added a config option to specify the default group.​

v1.1.4 - BETA
    - Fixed bug in group permissions...​
    v1.1.3 - BETA
    - Changed the configuration vastly again, server admins now have control over every flag for every group.​
    - Group permissions implemented, but in need of TESTING! :)
    - World permission implemented (default world permissions for when you are not in a residence zone)​
    - Fixes subzone collision bug.​

v1.1.2 - BETA
    - Fixed residence admins still requiring IConomy money.​
    - Fixed a bug with TNT explosions.​

v1.1.1 - BETA
    - Fixed bug breaking subzone permissions.​

v1.1 - BETA
    - Recusive sub-zoning, make subzones within zones, and then subzones within those subzones :)
    - Different limits based on permissions group​
    - New setting for choosing the selection tool item id.​
    - Anti-lag configuration option.​
    - Moved some permissions into the config file.​
    - All protections are now OFF by default.​

v1.0.1 - 3/21/2011
    - Added permissions / config option to disable teleports.​

v1.0 - 3/20/2011
    - Initial Release​

Bug Reports:
    Please include at minimum the following information with all bug reports:
    • CraftBukkit Version
    • Residence Version
    • What you were doing when the error occurred.
    If available, also include:
    • Any server console error messages
    • Other plugins that may be causing the issue

2. Offline

Daniel Few

Oh ok :p well ye maybe it is still there. I'm not sure :) glad its working ok though.
    -DanJames

3. Offline

Atticus Craft

I would appreciate if you could elaborate on this a bit more dan.

I understand that you can have area's within a residence, but what I want to do is make a "region" that perfectly hugs a city. The walls move with the terrain and a perfect cube doesn't work. It does have area's within this Residence (for example, a Castle or a shop), and these all have welcome and leave messages. The city also has a welcome and leave message.

Am I able to create area's that extend outside the border of the residence? If yes, then does that actually "expand" the residence for the same space... so that the welcome message for the residence applies to these area's that are reaching outside of the standard residence border?

My problem is people get the City welcome message when passing through say the corners of the square, even though the city wall is a good few blocks in, and it doesn't make sense.

If the residence does indeed "wrap" itself around all of the sub-areas, then I suppose that solves the issue, correct?

P.S. While I'm at it, I didn't see a simple way of modifying a residences current points. Like if I want to expand it by 2 blocks on one side... what would be the best method to go about doing this?

4. Offline

tr00dudu

yes, that too. my main idea was to create a server that is completely protected from the height 50+, while bedrock to 50 is free for all to mine etc. (or atleast have block prices mroe expensive the deeper you go)

on first join, players would get an amount of money large enough to purchase a nice chunk of land somewhere for themselves at begining, and thats the only place they could build, and dig down to get under 50 and mine.

allso somehow making land purchase easier would be a great idea. what i would change for my needs:

1. only make selection of land on X and Z axis, Y would automatically be from 50 to the sky limit. (the default Y beeing admin configurable ofc.) i think manually selecting the Y size should be an advanced option, and not the default one.
    2. add somekinda selected area indicators to actually show you what area you selected. say, a cobblestone block with a torch on top in all 4 corners of your selected area, dynamically moving as you select different area borders. the indicators dissapear if you move more than 20 blocks away from the area or logout, and if you buy the area the indicators stay, marking your new residence.
    3. when changing area selection report the price next to amount of selected blocks too. (trivial..)

those three things would make this addon epic :D

5. Offline

Atticus Craft

I agree with this somewhat. It should automatically expand your selection from your two points to the sky (but not below). It is uncommon (as far as I've seen) that anyone wishes to limit their upwards expansion.. however that is still a possibility and does happen, so the option should remain.
    If it does not become automatic to expand vertically to the sky from your selection, then just a simple command (/res expand 20 up) would be ideal. Similar syntax to world edit. (so just typing u should work as well).

Worldedit offers a client side mod that will show you your selection, I'd rather not take away from development of renting and other important features, but if it wouldn't be too much to maybe adapt his client side mod or find someone else to adapt it, to work with this.. so that we can see physical lines indicating the selection.

I dislike the idea of objects being created to indicate the selection, because that sounds clunky and when selecting a large area, becomes somewhat useless... the lines world edit's client side mod provide are fantastic because you can see the border for its entire length, and not just its corner.

6. Offline

tr00dudu

eh i knew someone was gonna say that. ofc i have that mod, its epic! but theres no way to do that kinda thing with only a server-side mod, and were talking about user friendlyness here. people log on and wanna enjoy the game not go about installing a client mod.

so untill minecraft supports the client automatically downloading required mods (aka never? :p) the generating things on the border are the next best thing i can think of. they could be turned off or on in options anyway ^^

7. Offline

bekvon

Yea, if you could share the code for that it would be great :) Its gotten to the point that I may really need some programming help, as there are alot of people requesting features, and although I would like to accommodate everyone, I've gotten rather busy :oops: I can probably adapt what you have to be more modular if needed.

Mmm, if I understood properly, not really possible unless people in group 'jesus' were residence admins, and then flags wouldn't matter to them anyway.
    Thats odd.... the .jar files are supposed to be loaded in alphabetical order, so what you could do is try renaming 'Multiverse.jar' to 'aMultiverse.jar' The fact that is loading afterwards is definitly whats causing you issue though. This is because residence needs access to those worlds initially to setup the residence locations. Its a unfortunate slight oversight by me that makes me wonder if I should let Residence load Multiverse manually when residence loads. I could maybe add a config option like this: "MultiWorldPlugin: Multiverse" and then do a check to see if its enabled yet, and enable it if its not. That may be the best way to do things :)

Its under the group section in the config now as "CanCreate: true" :) It was moved there so I can give people not using a permissions plugin the option to control that.
    I can probably implement this fairly easily :) I'll get to it when I get time.

8. Offline

tr00dudu

allso, i would love it if there was an option with creepers and tnt besides "true" and "false" - and thats "ignore"

the reason behind that is that i rather like my other plugin (BlastControl) that only allows explosions under a certain height limit, because "mining" with tnt is allways fun, and creepers should be more dangerous in the depths :p

anyway, at the moment this plugin punches out a nasty error spam in the console every time a creeper tries to explode. im pretty sure it's because my other plugin removes the creeper before this one finishes handling the explosion event.

or, youknow, adding height limit to explosions like with land-purchasing would work great :p (would be usefull, having 2 plugins that do the same thing is annoying to say the least)

9. Offline

Carlos Fuentes

I'm having an odd problem.

I define my region, type /res select vert, and then when I type /res create ______, I get the following error:

Error, no economy interface is available.
    Error creating residence...

In my settings, I have enable economy set to false. Any ideas what could be wrong? Now, when I Op myself, I am able to do everything fine. Note: I'm not using any permissions plugins, just Op/default user

10. Offline

andune

Ah, I missed that one. I was looking for /res size and didn't see it hiding under the select sub-menu. Thanks for pointing that out.

My enhancement request to have it show the expected cost for that size still stands, that would be very useful instead of making the players have to do the math themselves (and me having to publish the price somewhere, which is otherwise invisible to them).

Thanks.

11. Offline

Ratchet

anyone tell me exactly what the creeper flag does? stop creepers from spawning, dealing block damage, player damage, both?

12. Offline

armoreddice

I am having a problem with being able to set up anti explosion flag. every time i type in /res set explosions false it tells me that its an invalid flag.

13. Offline

RNinja

Help! I have this plugin installed but when I typed any command, it says internal error and when I checked the console, it says

Code:
    16:27:13 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'res'
     in plugin Residence vv2.0
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85
    )
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:2
    55)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:675)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:638)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:632)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.bekvon.bukkit.residence.permissions.PermissionManager.getGroupNam
    eByPlayer(PermissionManager.java:86)
    eByPlayer(PermissionManager.java:72)
            at com.bekvon.bukkit.residence.permissions.PermissionManager.getGroup(Pe
    rmissionManager.java:54)
            at com.bekvon.bukkit.residence.Residence.onCommand(Residence.java:265)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 12 more
    16:27:35 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'res'
     in plugin Residence vv2.0
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85
    )
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:2
    55)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:675)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:638)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:632)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    eByPlayer(PermissionManager.java:86)
    eByPlayer(PermissionManager.java:72)
            at com.bekvon.bukkit.residence.permissions.PermissionManager.getGroup(Pe
    rmissionManager.java:54)
            at com.bekvon.bukkit.residence.Residence.onCommand(Residence.java:265)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 12 more

I have Permissions v2.0 and iConomy 5 installed.

14. Offline

douglasg14b

What are these containers? And how to the work/Function?

Also, I have 10 large residences (cities/towns) with 20-50 sub-zones in each all crammed together in a 2000x2000 area. I am wondering if it is possible for me to somehow create a wraped area around all of these residences to create one giant zone of protection? So that the area and roadways outside of these cities and towns can be under protection as well? That is without having to erase these existing residences and re-make them, which would be virtually impossible withe the number of sub-zones and permissions involved. And without having to select one area at a time an add that to a residence that snakes though all the gaps in the cities/towns.

Thank you.

15. Offline

GmK

Ohhhh, I tried with xResidence.jar, that didnt work, so I did aMultiverse.jar - and now it finally loads before Residence (and *just* before it). Yay!

About the permission node: I want to enable people to only be able creating residences in one world, and not all of them. With the node residence.create that was possible, with the config.yml it doesnt work anymore. :/

16. Offline

murdrums

Am i missing something out here?
    I'm using iConomy 5 and Permissions, yet, I cant sell a residence? It allows me to set one up, but doesn't allow me to sell it. If i type /res sell House 1000, Im expecting that to sell my residence, named house, for 1000 coins, is this correct? When i type that i get /res ? for more info

I have enabled the use of permissions in the config file. And i have enabled iconomy in the config file.

What I don't understand is:

Code:
    # These groups correspond to the Permissions groups defined in your '<worldname>.yml'
    Groups:
        Default:
    Do i need to change that 'Default' to the name of my group in the permissions folder?

17. Offline

GmK

One thing, without going into the config.yml is, that it is /res market sell <id> <amount> and not /res sell

18. Offline

Schadrach

A couple of questions:

1. Is it possibly to have residences configured that are owned by the server itself? As in "These areas are protected as residences, you can buy them for $X.XX, but the money from the sale doesn't go to anyone." We're setting up a server and one of our ideas was to lay out a city and allow users to buy predefined properties from the server itself.

2. Is there any way for a user to lease a residence (or a subzone thereof) to another user? As in "I built a house on one of my lots, I'll rent you the house for $X.XX per $time_unit. It reverts to me if you stop paying your rent."

19. Offline

Atticus Craft

In the next version this feature will be made available.

20. Offline

murdrums

Ok, thanks for letting me know, got it working now, great!

Is it possible to only allow a certain group of people, linking in within the permissions plugin, to be able to sell/buy?

21. Offline

GmK

Just look at the config ;) You can set these things for every group!

22. Offline

Ratchet

anyone?

23. Offline

AmazingHayman

Will the saves of version 1.2.x get lost when I update my server to 2.0?

24. Offline

Retricide

If we upgrade our residence.jar do we lose our saved residences?
    I'm running the first 2.0 build and I want to update to use iConomy 5, but I don't want to have to remake all the residences, like I did when I updated to 2.0 a while back?
    Has the save system changed to something external or is it possible to update without losing my residences?

25. Offline

Daniel Few

I can answer all of these, however its not easy on your part.
    I've just had to do this for a place i've built on my server, and the way you do it takes a while, but if you want ti that badly you'll do it :).
    I don't think there would be an easy way for Bekvon to 'wrap' a residence around the area, however i have been thinking of it.

I think the easiest way for me to explain it is if you can come onto my server, as ive got a ready set up example on there of what i think your asking. Ill PM you my server IP.
    -DanJames

I think automaticaly expanding to the top of the map wouldn't be useful if your just protecting say a house.
    If my house is 4x4x4 (to make things easy) i just want to protect that. I dont want it to stop people building above it.
    Does that make sense?
    However a /res select tosky or something like that could be useful.
    -DanJames

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  26. Offline

Linaks

whats about the progress from the 1.2.8 to 2.0 format. it is very hard for my community to loose 80 - 100 regions. i also respect ur life because it is not easy to develop a converter. but please can you do anything that i dont loose my regions

27. Offline

Daniel Few

@bekvon
    Heya I have a question :p. I have spent ages setting up a residence with many multiple areas around my wall, then realised i wanted them as subzones to a main residence on the island.
    Is it possible to convert that one residence to a subzone, and then put a main residence around the whole island (with that as its subzone).
    Is there a way i can do this in the residence record file?
    Hope everythings going ok,
    -DanJames

28. Offline

Felonu

In my opinion res select vert would be most effective if it would go to max vert size allowable by group or maybe an additional command to do this. Also as I posted before the min building height would be great and I am restating the desire to have it.

Also, I want to thank you for your time and effort working on this plugin.

29. Offline

Carlos Fuentes

Still need some help :(

30. Offline

Imm0rt41

can this be used in a way of the server owner defining pre-set plots for players and those plots can be claimed by a player to build in?

31. Offline

inkspill

Hey guys I am having an issue on my server. I have everything working right except some build settings. When I have a test area, I deop my friend and make him default in permissions. Default IS allowed to build in my permissions. When I set the flag to false in my area, my friend is able to place blocks, but unable to break them. This presents the problem of people still being able to place blocks. What am I doing wrong? Here is a copy of my settings in the config...

#These are Global Settings for Residence.
    Global:
    # Wooden Axe is the default selection tool for Residence.
    # You can change it to another item ID listed here: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Data_values
    SelectionToolId: 271
    # This determins which tool you can use to see info on residences, default is String.
    # Simply equip this tool and hit a location inside the residence and it will display the info for it.
    InfoToolId: 287
    # The interval, in milliseconds, between movement checks.
    # Reducing this will increase the load on the server.
    # Increasing this will allow players to move further in movement restricted zones before they are teleported out.
    MoveCheckInterval: 500
    # The interval, in minutes, between residence saves.
    SaveInterval: 10
    # The default group to use if Permissions fails to attach or your not using Permissions.
    DefaultGroup: default
    # Enable / Disable the Lease System.
    UseLeaseSystem: false
    # The interval, in minutes, between residence lease checks (if leases are enabled).
    LeaseCheckInterval: 10
    # Whether or not to use the Permissions system in conjunction with this config.
    EnablePermissions: false
    # Enable / Disable Residence's Economy System.
    EnableEconomy: true
    # The economy system to use (iConomy or MineConomy).
    EconomySystem: iConomy
    # Whether or not to ignore the usual Permission flags and only allow OPs and groups with 'residence.admin' to change residences.
    AdminOnlyCommands: false
    # Setting this to true makes server OPs admins.
    AdminOPs: true
    # These flags are applied, by default, when the player is not within another residence.
    # All flags default to true if not specified.
    Flags:
    Global: #these are default for all worlds unless specified below, they can be overridden per group
    use: true
    build: true
    ignite: true
    firespread: true
    damage: true
    creeper: true
    tnt: true
    pvp: true
    world: #here you can set default flags for individual worlds, these override Global
    build: false

# These groups correspond to the Permissions groups defined in your '<worldname>.yml'
    Groups:
    Default:
    # Information about the Residence zone that the player can define.
    Residence:
    # Determins if this group can create residences or not.
    CanCreate: true
    # The maximum number of Residences a player can have.
    MaxResidences: 3
    # The maximum number of physical areas a residence can have.
    MaxAreasPerResidence: 2
    # The maximum number of blocks a Residence can be, East to West (X).
    MaxEastWest: 16
    # The maximum number of blocks a Residence can be, North to South (Z).
    MaxNorthSouth: 16
    # The maximum number of blocks a Residence can be, High to Low (Y).
    MaxUpDown: 256
    # The maximum recursive depth that subzones can go.
    # A subzone within a subzone within the Residence zone would be a depth of 2.
    # Set to 0 to disable subzones.
    SubzoneDepth: 3
    # Whether or not to allow teleporting to Residences.
    CanTeleport: true
    # Allow or Disallow the use of /res unstuck, to get yourself out of a residence if stuck in one somehow
    Unstuck: true
    # Options relating to enter and leave messages on the residence.
    Messaging:
    # Whether or not the player can change the Residence enter and/or leave message.
    CanChange: true
    # The default enter message to apply to new Residences created by players in this group.
    # Leaving the message blank will disable it.
    DefaultEnter: Welcome %player to %residence, owned by %owner.
    # The default leave message to apply to new Residences created by players in this group.
    # Leaving the message blank will disable it.
    DefaultLeave: Now leaving %residence.
    # Options relating to the leasing of zones.
    Lease:
    # The maximum number of days to allow leases.
    MaxDays: 16
    # The number of days to add to the lease following a '/res lease renew' command.
    RenewIncrement: 14
    # Options relating to the Residence Economy.
    Economy:
    # Whether or not players in this group can buy other Residences that are for sale.
    CanBuy: true
    # Whether or not players in this group can sell their Residences.
    CanSell: false
    # Whether or not to ignore the Residence size/count limits when buying a residence.
    IgnoreLimits: false
    # The cost, per block, of buying a Residence or adding a area to it.
    BuyCost: 0.05
    # The cost, per block, of renewing a Residence lease.
    RenewCost: 0.02
    # Flags are checked in the order:
    # 1: Player (in-game only)
    # 2: Group
    # 3: Owner
    # 4: Default
    # 5: Otherwise, if all others are undefined, defaults to 'true'.
    # Flag permissions default to false.
    Flags:
    # Specifys the flags that players of this group are allowed to change.
    Permission:
    move: true
    ignite: true
    pvp: true
    tp: true
    flow: true
    firespread: true
    creeper: true
    tnt: true
    container: true
    # Specifys the flags that are applied at residence creation for players of this group.
    Default:
    build: false
    use: false
    tnt: false
    pvp: false
    creeper: false
    firespread: false
    container: false
    # Specifys the flags that are applied at to the creator at residence creation.
    CreatorDefault:
    move: true
    container: true
    # Specifys the flags that are applied to other groups for this residence, at creation.
    GroupDefault:
    #default: #Default
    #build: false
    #these flags are applied to this group whenever they are outside a residence
    #these flags will override the flags at the top, under the Global section.
    World:
    Global: #these flags will apply to all worlds
    WorldNameHere: #or you can apply them by each individual world

# You can manually specify the group a player is in below, this overrides their permissions group.
    GroupAssigments:
    bekvon: default
    player: default

ItemList: #this is where you can create blacklists / whitelists
    ListName: #list name is not important, as long as it is unique. Its good to use a descripive name.
    #type of the list, can be blacklist or whitelist
    Type: blacklist
    #If you want, you can have this list only apply to one world, otherwise it applys to all worlds
    World: world
    #You can also have the list apply only to one group, otherwise it applys for all groups
    Group: default
    #this is the actual list of material names that this list allows or dissallows
    #You can look up the material name by item ID in game by typing /res material <id>
    #Alternativly, you can simply use the item ID in the list, but its less descriptive and harder to see what the list allows or dissallows at a glance
    Items:
    - 'TNT'

# Used to determine which major revision of Residence this config is from, dont change this.
    ResidenceVersion: 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.