[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

wouter0100

/t spawn delay don't work with essentials...

3. Offline

nick331999

LlmDl I need help I have a world that I don't want towny to be enabled in because it gives me this error when it's enabled for this world
    10:49:49 [INFO] [Towny] Database: [Load] flatfile [Save] flatfile
    10:49:49 [INFO] [Towny] Loading Error: Could not read world data 'World'.
    10:49:49 [INFO] [Towny] Error: Failed to load!
    10:49:49 [INFO] [Towny] Version: 0.72.0 - Mod Disabled
    I tried that method of fixing it you posted before but it didn't work
    please help

4. Offline

MartN

@ElgarL: Can you add a function to disable TNT and Fire in the Wildness?

5. Yes, make an enhancement suggestion - Link

Nick, update to 0.72.1
    If a specific work is giving you issues at start up and it's not been used for Towny then delete it's txt file in data/worlds. Towny will recreate a blank one you can then configure.

No idea what version you are running, but towny no longer has any default town/nation titles. It's all in the config.yml

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  6. Offline

yuckfoooo

Is there an option to toggle explosion disabling by mayors/kings ? TNT cannon attacks play somewhat of a large role on my server (only way to break down town walls and raid, et cetera. It's fairly TNT costly as well so it doesn't happen often)

Also, it seems that the new name skinning interferes with the Jobs plugin (?) Anyone else have any luck with this?
    In Towny .68 it would show "Mayor Apprentice Miner [name]" or something of that nature but it seems that it's now overwritten to "Mayor [name]" in .72

Great work and I hope you guys continue!

7. Offline

nick331999

Thank you

8. Offline

Dimochka

dynmap component plox!

Hamburger Helper likes this.
  9. Offline

dlmarti

My testing with this new Towny (while a little tricky to get working), has been very positive. I simply cannot find a significant bug. Well done guys.

I even got multi-world working (only one world has towny, the rest do not). I am very pleased.

LlmDl likes this.
  10. Offline

Trollkemada

11. During war all towns involved in the war are not protected from explosions or fire spread.

12. Offline

Makraiz

I'm not sure if it still behaves this way, but the only thing that ever kept me from liking this plugin was the way war that war works. Granted, I haven't tried it since Shade was still working on it.

Ideally this is how war would work on my server:
    I think that the town leader should be able to initiate a war against a single other nation or town. This should bring up a dialogue for the victim town/nation where their town/nation leader can choose to set a time for the war based on hours.
    ie:
    King RoosterDee of EvIlNaTiOn has challenged your town/nation to war!
    Type /t war accept to begin the war now.
    Type /t war accept 4 to begin the war in 4 hours.

Make a configurable max length of time to postpone the war, and maybe a configurable option to decline wars if the server admin wants to let people decline. I think it's downright silly that when a war starts it's every nation for themselves except in the case of neutral towns. It's something I never liked, and never will.

Thoughts? Is this even possible? I would love to use this plugin on my server but until war can be activated by players rather than the admin, and rather than having to make everyone vulnerable during a war I can't fathom actually using it on my server.

13. Offline

Kailvin

I am having a bit of trouble. No matter what i set people can always make new towns. (Havent tried nations yet but i guess its possible.) Also the wilderness settings dont seem to take effect. I have permissions on and there are no nodes set up for towny. So no one should be able to do anything except the admins... Have i missed something completely that i cant see or something? (Permissions is 3.1.6) I have used other versions of towny. However this is the only one that is giving me problems. If you need any other info just ask.

Code:
    nation_creation_admin_only: true
    town_creation_admin_only: true

Update: After some more testing i found ALL commands can be used by EVERYONE (Towny ones at least others are working as intended)

14. That means you are using permissions and you gave everyone the admin node.

15. Offline

LlmDl

War is going to be made more configurable, and is a priority. Before we make war player-initiated war in general needs to be made more configurable.

In 0.72 Towny has had the relationships between nations fixed. There were a couple major bugs involved in the ally-relation that can exist between nations.
    Nations consist of allied towns which cannot engage in pvp combat with each other. Nations can now also properly declare ally and enemy nations. By allying with another nation, the nations cancel PVP combat between their towns and residents, further consolidating who is 'fair game' in the wilderness.

As for allowing a town to go to war independent of a nation, that will probably not happen but as it stands a nation-less town has no allies and can fight anyone they want any time.

War as it stands is incredibly destructive, allowing griefing within warring nation's towns. This usually ends in rage-quitting which isn't what server admins want. In future updates griefing in townblocks should be configurable, along with other aspects of war. Right now there are still bugs involving war-spoils and other things.

16. Offline

Kailvin

I disabled permission usage in the config and found it to still be glitching(So i think your assumption is a mistake). My next instinct was to run a clean go with towny. (just towny iconomy permissions and questioner) It worked great. I think its incompatable with one of my other plugins.

17. Offline

Sayshal

meaCraft is the world directory..

18. Offline

asm0deus

Great info LlmDl. Looking forward to the "war" update. :)

War...huh... ya.. what is it good for? hopefully a lot with towny :)

19. Offline

Kailvin

I love it when it magically fixes itself...Towny dosent work. Unload everything but towny. Run towny. It works then. Then put everything else back into the server. Still works. Gotta love it.

20. Offline

LlmDl

You still haven't pastebin.com'd your permissions file, towny config, server startups under both conditions.

21. Offline

Ziden

Tested, doing really great. Cant express my gratitude for you making this plugin work nicely again, with many updates. Thanx alot !

22. hmm i cant reset my townblock a bit further.
    It says there is a town near oO
    There is none !

Also i've disabled spawn mobs in the city...but those damn creepers are still walking all over it.

23. plugin version + bukkit version

24. If i may suggest some new default town/nation levels. I know Great Metropolis kinda sucks, but i couldnt figure a proper name for that. Lord is typically the lowest noble rank or unspecific and can be used to address various nobles of various ranks so i put it first.

Code:
    townLevel:
    - 0,, Ruin,Spirit ,,1
    - 1,, (Hermitage),Hermit,,16
    - 2,, (Settlement),Pioneer ,,32
    - 3,, (Hamlet),Elder ,,48
    - 5,, (Village),Chief ,,80
    - 8,, (Small Town),Governor ,,128
    - 10,, (Town),Lord ,,160
    - 12,, (Large Town),Baron ,,192
    - 15,, (Small City),Viscount ,,240
    - 18,, (City),Earl ,,288
    - 22,, (Large City),Marquess ,,352
    - 26,, (Metropolis),Duke ,,416
    - 30,, (Great Metropolis),Grand Duke ,,480
    nationLevel:
    - 0,Lands of , (Nation),,,Leader ,
    - 10,Federation of , (Nation),,,High Leader ,
    - 20,Dominion of , (Nation),,,Grand Leader ,
    - 30,Kingdom of , (Nation),,,Pince ,
    - 40,The , Empire,,,King ,
    - 50,The , Realm,,,Emperor ,

25. Offline

LlmDl

I know why you can't change your townblock, it's conflicting with your own. You need to go to your home block and "/town unclaim" to remove it, then go use the set home command on your new home block. When you've done that be sure to use "/town set spawn" to set your spawn in the new home block.

The mobs sounds like your config is an old dev config. Like Elgarl said, post your bukkit/towny build numbers, and I'd like to request you pastebin.com your config.yml.

I redesigned the townlevels/nationlevels for my own server, and those were made into the defaults in use now.
    I'm pretty certain Lord is above everything else. The only thing I fibbed on is I added Counts, which are a germanic thing that you don't find in British Heirarchy. Or maybe it was the Baron Von one. Love seeing that one in game.

Also you've got Pince in there, and I think you'll want to test those, looks like Hermit might be missing a space.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  26. Is there a page anywhere for Questioner 0.4? Maybe i'm just tired but i can't seem to find one.

27. Offline

LlmDl

No thread, the download link is in the OP.

28. Offline

crzye8s

Why is it that every time Towny fails to load resident/town data, it disables itself? It should be like the old one and load anyway.

29. Offline

asm0deus

I may not understand the entire programming thing, but to me, sounds like if a mod was missing key config files it's probably best for your world to not have that plugin running.

30. Offline

LlmDl

Or instead of accumulating more and more defective files, you could fix the files that it says are wrong.

If the error doesn't give a specific file then you've got a bunch that are messed up.

31. Thanks for the Townblock way...it fixed it.
    And here are my config.yml and town.txt for the mobs. I tried doing the /town ... toggle thingy but it didnt work.

config.yml
    http://pastebin.com/TdpWLRsy

mytown.txt
    http://pastebin.com/7uPSqnw4

I am using Towny v0.72.1 + 953 bukkit.

Thanks