[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

LlmDl

For the first thing, file an issue ticket:
    http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/towny/issues/entry?template=Defect report from user

For the second thing: Place an NPC town where the spawn is, read the mayor section of this page:
    http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/towny/wiki/HowTownyWorks#Mayors

3. Offline

xxmurdertrampxx

I have a player who is going out of town for awhile, is it possible to turn taxes off for him while he is away?

4. Offline

LlmDl

If you go into his resident file, towny\data\residents\NAME.txt you'll find a flag isNPC=, set that to true and he will not be charged upkeep/tax.

5. Offline

xxmurdertrampxx

Is this till he logs back in or till I change it myself?

6. Offline

LlmDl

That is until you change it back.

7. Offline

MWaso

Hi, everyone! I'm writing a plugin-addon (inspired by BedCraftTowny), that helps to prevent griefing with modded tools, weapons or magic. For logging purposes i'd like to somehow get name of an owner of a given block. For example, in BedCraftTowny there's check if given player has 'destroy' permission at given location:
    Code:java
    1. if (PlayerCacheUtil.getCachePermission(player, block.getLocation(), Integer.valueOf(block.getTypeId()), block.getData(), TownyPermission.ActionType.DESTROY))...

Well, that PlayerCacheUtil.getCachePermission taken from Towny, used as external library, and just not intuitive name for me.

Can, please, anyone give me a clue, how to get name of an owner at given location?

P.S. Sorry, if my english is not perfect =\

8. Offline

LlmDl

http://palmergames.com/javadoc/

check out com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.object.TownBlock and com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.object.TownyUniverse

9. Offline

pepper82

The latest towny build seem to work with GroupManager only (tried PEX, bPermision, zPermission).
    Now I would like to know how I can set things up to enable donators to be able to create a new town (for every donation they should be able to start one new town, no matter how many towns they already have). Can somebody help me?

10. Offline

Necrodoom

pepper82 Towny uses the superperms API, theres absolutely no reason it wouldnt work with other permission plugins.

11. Offline

pepper82

There are bugs (permissions not working as they should) when using the latest PermissionsEx with the latest Towny version. Did you try it? Can anybody recommend me the best permissions plugin to use together with the latest Towny version?

12. Offline

Necrodoom

Explain the issues then, because PEX works fine.

13. Offline

pepper82

Please look at my permissions.yml from PEX:
    http://pastebin.com/6Lc8Yd5m
    All default players should be able to build in the wild. They have the "towny.wild.*" - permission but still they can't build in the wild. Server message appears: [Towny] destroy is not allowed in the wilderness
    And I have set this in the towny config:
    using_permissions: 'true'
    You know a fix for it?

I am familiar with PermissionsEx and tried many things to make this work. But something isn't working as it should.

As a user of the group "admin" with the permission towny.admin I can destroy in the wild. But Default users can't where they should be able to.

Thanks for trying to help me.

14. Offline

LlmDl

What message does your player get when they try to break grass in the wilderness?

15. Offline

pepper82

They get the message:
    [Towny] Not allowed to destroy in the wild.

16. Offline

LlmDl

We do not recommend using pex, use groupmanager instead, or put the towny.wild.* into the townyperms.yml's nomad section.

17. Offline

Necrodoom

pepper82 Your PEX file seems to be incorrectly built, so no permissions will be actually given.

18. Offline

pepper82

yeah I have a valid permission file now, and most things work. but I have to reload towny + permissions (pex) two times sometimes to make it work. I think it has something to do with towny's caching system
    It's also spamming the console/log because of townys build protection when you turn on debug in towny config. I wonder if there is any way to completely disable the build / destroy protection which comes with towny?

19. Offline

LlmDl

I responded to you in your ticket on teh issue tracker.

20. Offline

mpzflame

I think it would be cool if you could tp to an embassy or something like that.

21. Offline

Thecoolsurdy

Hello,
    I am having an issue where a town block is half part of a town, half isn't. What I mean by this is on towny map, it displays it as Wilderness, and also the permissions are set to wilderness, so outsiders can break/destroy inside that town block, but in the others they can't. And when you walk into that plot, it says its part of the town, and if you try to claim it, it says its part of the town already. Any help? This is only affecting one plot at the moment.

22. Offline

LlmDl

A few versions back there was a bug where if a town renamed itself too many times too quickly the plots would sometimes end up owned by one of the previous names.

You can go to the plot and use /towny map to learn the coordinate of the townblock, then go into the Towny database and in the townblocks folder you'll find the file for that townblock. Check the name registered for the townblock and edit to suit your needs. Save the file and use /ta reload ingame.

23. Offline

Thecoolsurdy

Thanks

LlmDl likes this.
  24. Offline

Ngar

does version 88 also work with Minecraft 1.7.10, like other plugins?
    I will use cauldron-1.7.10-1.1207.01.180-server

25. Offline

LlmDl

Yes, Towny doesn't use CB/NMS code and therefore rarely breaks between MC versions.

26. Offline

Disgusie

I apologize in advance if I should have been able to find this answer somewhere else. This is a general, how-to question rather than a bug or problem.

Towny is working great for me, but there is something a little bit unorthodox I'd like to do, and I can't seem to come up with the best way to do it. I want to come up with a small amount of pre-set areas with wilderness in between that players can build towns on. I've accomplished this already by using WorldGuard, and it is working fine. Players can only claim on the areas, and still do whatever they want in the wilderness, they just can't make towns there.

The part I can't figure out is this: I've put some goodies in the claimable areas that don't exist anywhere else in my world, a few emerald ores for example. I don't want players to just run to every claimable yet not-yet claimed area and mine them out. What I tried to do, and this sort of worked, is I set these specific block types to unbreakable in the wilderness and this pretty much worked.

However, even this method isn't quite what I was looking for because players can still build other things in these areas prior to claiming them, in a way, unintentionally "griefing" them prior to the area's future mayor getting there.

So what I'm really looking for is an alternative to this. I don't really want these areas to be wilderness at all, but I don't want them to already be a town either unless there is a simple way to make an NPC town that anyone can come in and claim as mayor. I don't simply want people to be able to claim plots in a pre-made town, I wan them to be able to take it over completely as full mayor without any admin intervention.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me!

27. Offline

VaiN474

Is this still the case?
    If so, please fix that. PEX is the only permission system that doesn't make me want to punch puppies. Do it for the sake of puppies if nothing else.

28. Offline

LlmDl

You can use pex, but its frowned upon, leads to random issues down the road.

29. Offline

TekeDome

Is there a way to assign Towny to one world? I have factions running on another world

30. Offline

LlmDl

Use /tw toggle usingtowny in all the worlds you don't want towny active in.

31. Offline

TekeDome

Ok thanks

LlmDl likes this.