[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

barmaluga

There is a problem using towny and Gringotts plugin. If you deposit money to town, it just dissapears. Please fix it. Thank you.

3. Offline

n0eticsyntax

I'm having a bit of trouble with the Townychat plugin. When anyone types I get an error. Here's the log.

http://pastebin.com/AfnkHQxM

All help is appreciated. Thanks for the plugin too!

4. Offline

Toodo

??
    Code:
    [WARNING] [Towny] Task #47 for Towny v0.84.0.0 generated an exception
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/citizensnpcs/api/CitizensAPI
        at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.tasks.MobRemovalTimerTask.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R3.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:53)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R3.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:345)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R3.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:524)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R3.DedicatedServer.t(DedicatedServer.java:227)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R3.MinecraftServer.s(MinecraftServer.java:488)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:421)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R3.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:583)

5. Offline

LlmDl

Update your citizens.

Please file an issue ticket on our tracker

6. Offline

Faffling94

Uhm hello,
    idk if I just didn't see it anywhere or something (I also tried to google it) but there is a strange bug (?).

Sometimes my players claim areas and after that you can't do anything on that area. Not even an OP can do anything. Just a "[Towny]" message appears (nothing more). Sometimes it works again after waiting some time and sometimes not. Have you got any ideas?

Thanks a lot. :)

7. Offline

LlmDl

By default, Towny has a backup system that takes a snapshot of a plot when it is claimed. While the snapshot is being made the plot is locked and cannot be modified. Sometimes servers freeze and the plots do not unlock. A mayor can go around this by unclaiming the plot and then reclaiming it.

8. Offline

n0eticsyntax

My issue was solved! Thanks all!

New question.

Why do I receive a message saying 'null' when I create a town and then type '/town'?
    Is it the same problem as the one mentioned in the post above?

Here is the log for my error. My error is as follows

- Make town using Towny
    - Do /town
    - Receive [Towny] null

If I use any other /town command, like /town remove [name], it works.

server.log is in the link below (pastebin)

http://pastebin.com/vCasQn5U

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  9. Offline

n0eticsyntax

I have went through with a clean install of Towny (including TownyChat), saving my files step by step with each config change. All of the ChatConfig file is set and fine, so are the permissions. It's whenever I start to configure town titles and blocks that things change. I went through line by line an reinput the values, saving and restarting my server with every change.
    It works now, so cheers!

10. Offline

LlmDl

File another issue ticket and be complete/thorough.

11. Offline

Kaosvf

Can you fix the download link? It doesn't work...

12. Offline

Nickbbeezy

In the Essentials config there's a setting to set max money a player can have. Setting this also applies it to town and nation banks since they are handled by players by Essentials. This makes it so the max money set in the Towny config are ineffective since Essentials overrides. Would it be able to make Towny override this to make towns bypass the essentials limit and only obey the towny limit?

13. Offline

LlmDl

Which link?

That would be something on essentials' end.

14. Offline

Kaosvf

Now it's all ok.

15. Offline

ADCKnight

I've heard on a few servers that towny is dead, Any news on a 1.7.2 version?

16. Offline

LlmDl

Towny doesn't die. It will likely not need a new version as Towny doesn't break between CB/MC versions. It doesn't hook CB/NMS code.

17. Offline

ADCKnight

Not releasing a new version since 1.5, and the above leads me to believe there are no plans to ever release a new version...
    Sounds pretty dead to me.
    Plus, you now require server owners to go through the trouble of making the plugin compatible with 1.7 themselves, eg adding horse protection, setting exceptions for leads, and working around all the other changes since 1.5, etc.
    And then there's the bugs, ignoring them won't make them go away either.
    And to find all the necessary changes and fixes required requires much digging around on the dev pages as they are not documented in a single page.
    It may sound like I am being critical of the plugin, but really I'm only concerned that this is no longer being actively developed.

18. Towny has not needed a new release since 1.5.
    The updates for leads etc are data file modifications and changes YOU as a server owner need to make.
    No Towny is not abandoned. I and a lot of other devs are waiting to see what other breaking changes 1.7 is going to bring to Bukkit. There are already some which will requite quite major rewrites to be future proof but the extent of those rewrites can not be known until there is a Bukkit release for 1.7.

19. Offline

Nepenthesis

Is there a towny for 1.6.4 yet?

20. Offline

LlmDl

Use the latest dev builds from our website.

21. Offline

Delois

I am just coming back from a long break, is there a list of these changes that I would need to make? I dont oppose to doing them, I just dont want to miss anything that I may of missed reading the updates since I have last played.

This is still one of the best plugins for people who want to give there users control of protecting there shit them-self, thanks for making it!

22. Offline

LlmDl

Just add any new items that Mojang has added, either to the switch list or the itemuse list in the config.

Switches are for interact-able blocks (levers/chests), itemuse is for handheld things (like leashes.)

23. Offline

theearlypc423

Towny is better than factions in every way

24. Offline

winter4w

Does this work with 1.7.2 ???

25. Offline

LlmDl

Yes but the contents of itemframes are not protected yet.

26. Offline

winter4w

I had a issue with towny chat when I updated I will try again

27. Offline

LlmDl

This just in: Towny dev build 0.84.0.8 is up and supports 1.7.2!

It is available on the Towny website, subscribe using the RSS-friendly links on the sidebar if you want to keep updated.

28. Offline

sakura_blades

So what is the plan then with Questionaire? It has been outdated for a long time and apparently it's needed by Towny to properly ask players if they want to join Towns.
    It appears to work in 1.7 but not without startup errors every time.

29. Offline

LlmDl

You'd best pastebin.com your startup errors. The plugin is so simple that it's only ever required 6 versions and does not become outdated.

30. Offline

sakura_blades

31. Offline

LlmDl

sakura_blades You're using Questioner.jar 0.2 somehow. You want to be using 0.6