[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

owenftw

the files are currently on normal file storage, Should I switch to MySql?

3. Offline

LlmDl

Not likely, you would probably see a benefit to using a ramdisk setup. mysql might be worth trying.

4. Offline

owenftw

Okay thanks, I also have another problem..

I have the revert_on_unclaim set to false yet when town mayors unclaim land, it regenerates the old land anyway.. which I am guessing can be used as a way to dupe items. I have had this setting disabled for weeks but it has never worked.

Towny config: http://pastebin.com/tVdqE2sb
    Towny version: v0.83.0.0

5. Offline

LlmDl

The config setting is only for newly created worlds' default settings. Use the /tw toggle revertunclaim command in each world you want it off in.

6. Offline

owenftw

ohhh, I am an idiot lol, thank you :)

7. Right, maybe I've overlooked something, but I'm not sure how to set the permissions so people can only either build on their own claimed plot, or the wilderness.
    Anyone with the same issue that can help?

8. Offline

LlmDl

Not quite sure what you want.

If you want them to build/destroy in teh wilderness give the player towny.wild.build and towny.wild.destroy

If you want them to not build in the town-owned plots (only in their personal plots,) type /town set perm off
    then /town set perm reset.

9. Yup, you just solved my problem. It was mainly the
    that I wanted.

Thank you.

LlmDl likes this.
  10. Offline

Little Rock

Hi

I have a Problem with Towny 0.8.2 .

Register is always unable to hook up. If I take Vault Towny says Economy plugin missing. But Vault is hooking up with iconomy 6

here my Server.log

http://pastebin.com/vHwXkqfM

11. Offline

LlmDl

Looks fine. Try deleting register.jar and using Vault alone.

12. Offline

Little Rock

13. Offline

LlmDl

14. This plugin is tossing errors when it is unable to cancel mob spawn events, which is an obvious problem but Towny also seems fond of crashing my server, is there an expected update to 1.6.1 coming out?

15. Offline

LlmDl

Update your citizens, Towny doesn't hook CB/NMS code like citizens and doesn't break in the same way between MC versions.

edit: When there's API from bukkit to hook for new features, or bugs which require fixing, Towny will update.

16. Offline

Little Rock

17. Offline

LlmDl

18. Offline

Toxic__Waste

19. Offline

wiedzmin137

Hello. Is the xShade attacking is working? And I would like to know something about Towny's war.

20. Offline

Toodo

is there any update to 1.6?

21. Offline

LlmDl

There will be when there's an API from bukkit. Towny is not a plugin that breaks between bukkit/mc versions. Use 0.84.0.0 with 1.6 for now.

22. Offline

zlb012013

23. Offline

LlmDl

Helped this guy on IRC, was citizens not being updated.

24. Offline

Vladimire

I'm using Spigot and the Towny wiki said to turn bypass_version_check to true but It's not there. Any help?

25. Offline

LlmDl

If you're using 0.84.0.0 it wont exist anymore. If you are using an older version it's in the config.

26. Offline

scarecrow569

How do you turn off PvP only in the wilderness?

27. Offline

LlmDl

Not doable, it would turn off PVP in all the towns. If you're ok with that then the command is /tw toggle pvp

28. Offline

scarecrow569

29. Offline

LlmDl

30. Offline

boblo

How do I make it so that there is kind of like a safezone where people cannot claim the land and pvp is off? I need it for spawn.

31. Offline

LlmDl

You can create an NPC town, read the Mayor section of the How Towny Works wikipage. If you are forcing pvp on in the world (all the towns) you can edit the town's towny\data\towns\Townname.txt file's admindisabledpvp: true flag.