[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

LlmDl

Your townLevels and nationLevels are missing the upkeepmodifiers at the end, this was added in .73
    If you want to, add ,1.0' to the ends of them. Or regenerate a new config to see what it should look like.

MunkyCheez likes this.
  3. Offline

MunkyCheez

there is indentation, it just didn't do it when i copied it over.

this was a freshly generated config... at least, if deleting the plugin then reloading it generates a new one. i will add that and see what happens. as pointed out before though, i screwed up my permissions?

i am a newb, sorry.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  4. Your indentation is all wrong. Head over to the permissions thread and seek help sorting it there.

5. Offline

MunkyCheez

i know this isn't the permissions thread, the guy mentioned them being screwed up, so i thought it would be helpful to paste them so he could see what i did wrong. i am also just starting at this, give me a break. i didn't know about paste bin, i will be sure to use it though, thanks!

okay, sounds like a plan.

that was all i needed to know.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  6. Offline

sharkale

and? I told you when you update the master file, then updates all missing keys in the other languages automatically.
    if you delete a key, then delete the key for all of other languages, if you add a key, then add the key to all other languages. (and preserve comment of the master file, only update values)

7. Offline

vanZeben

thanks, problem fixed

8. Offline

MunkyCheez

okay guys, now i get a new message.

i was able to fix my permissions. and all my plugins are running.

but towny spams my chat saying:

This is exactly what i read on my screen now.

9. Offline

LlmDl

take the ( ' . out of your world name.

10. Offline

MunkyCheez

i also get one that says:

both of these only spam my chat when i move around.

the ' is apart of my world name it's "Terra'Sol"

umm, not to sound stupid, but i can't find where to take it out at.

do you mean at the server config?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

SpaceBass

I dropped the new version jar into the folder and updated the new config, but I get this error now, and I believe it to do something with the old data (which worked before). Any help is appreciated :)
    Code:
    2011-07-19 02:55:14 [INFO] [Towny] Database: [Load] flatfile [Save] flatfile
    2011-07-19 02:55:14 [INFO] [Towny] Using: Permissions, iConomy, Essentials
    2011-07-19 02:55:14 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Towny v0.73.0 (Is it up to date?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.Towny.SetWorldFlags(Towny.java:160)
        at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.Towny.load(Towny.java:272)
        at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.Towny.onEnable(Towny.java:104)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:878)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:272)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:162)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:146)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

12. Offline

LlmDl

You should probably not use ' in the world folder name. This might require you to reconfigure other plugins' multiworld world entries.

You might be able to get away with having an ' added to the regex line in your config.

Download the dev version, regenerate your config, turn on debugmode, startup server, check startup in log for which files are erroring, fix them, repeat until no errors come up.

13. Offline

SpaceBass

I am still only seeing that one error. Am I missing something?
    Code:
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added town level: 0 [, 1.0,  Ruin, Spirit , , 1]
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added town level: 1 [, 1.0,  (Settlement), Hermit , , 16]
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added town level: 2 [, 1.0,  (Hamlet), Chief , , 32]
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added town level: 6 [, 1.0,  (Village), Baron Von , , 96]
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added town level: 10 [, 1.0,  (Town), Viscount , , 160]
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added town level: 14 [, 1.0,  (Large Town), Count Von , , 224]
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added town level: 20 [, 1.0,  (City), Earl , , 320]
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added town level: 24 [, 1.0,  (Large City), Duke , , 384]
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added town level: 28 [, 1.0,  (Metropolis), Lord , , 448]
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added nation level: 0 [0, Lands of ,  (Nation), , , Leader , , 1.0]
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added nation level: 10 [10, Federation of ,  (Nation), , , Count , , 1.0]
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added nation level: 20 [20, Dominion of ,  (Nation), , , Duke , , 1.0]
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added nation level: 30 [30, Kingdom of ,  (Nation), , , King , , 1.0]
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added nation level: 40 [40, The ,  Empire, , , Emperor , , 1.0]
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Added nation level: 60 [60, The ,  Realm, , , God Emperor , , 1.0]
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Database: [Load] flatfile [Save] flatfile
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Loading World List
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Loading Server World List
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Loading Nation List
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Loading Town List
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Loading Resident List
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Loading Worlds
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Loading Nations
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Loading Towns
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Loading Residents
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: Saving config.yml
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Using: Permissions, iConomy, Essentials
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [INFO] [Towny] Debug: [Towny] Setting flags for: rapture
    2011-07-19 03:26:30 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Towny v0.73.0 (Is it up to date?): null
            at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.Towny.SetWorldFlags(Towny.java:163)
            at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.Towny.load(Towny.java:275)
            at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.Towny.onEnable(Towny.java:105)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:878)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:272)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:162)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:146)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
    Also here is a full log @ pastebin: http://pastebin.com/9fj3AP9R

14. Offline

LlmDl

Your townLevel lines are all messed up. Regenerate a config to see what it should look like.

15. Offline

MunkyCheez

it wouldn't let me add ' or ( to the regex
    the period was just apart of the sentence i believe.

so. what do i do from here i wonder?

16. Offline

SpaceBass

That is the generated config untouched.

17. Offline

LlmDl

Would you pastebin.com your config.yml please.
    You'll have to remove the ' from the folder's name and reconfigure everything without it.

18. Offline

SpaceBass

19. Offline

LlmDl

ok, you startup says that rapture is messed up, check out your data folder.

20. Offline

SpaceBass

I know towny works with a clean data folder, but with the old it does not. I checked the rapture town file and it looks the same as the others:

Code:
    residents=Carlos,Monkeymac
    mayor=Carlos
    nation=The_Unified_Towns_Of_MineCraft
    assistants=Monkeymac,
    townBoard=/town set board [msg]
    protectionStatus=residentBuild,residentDestroy,residentSwitch,residentItemUse,allyBuild,allyDestroy,allySwitch,allyItemUse
    bonusBlocks=0
    taxes=0
    plotPrice=0
    plotTax=0
    pvp=false
    mobs=false
    public=true
    explosion=false
    fire=false
    townBlocks=members:-29,-12;-29,-13;-29,-11;-28,-12;-29,-10;-29,-9;-29,-8;-28,-13;|
    homeBlock=members,-29,-12
    spawn=members,-453.5427037411238,55.0,-187.97495744865253

21. Offline

MunkyCheez

ouch. talk about sucking balls... lol alrighty then.

i will update when i get that done if it worked or not

22. Offline

SpaceBass

After deleting rapture from all the files it just repeats, stopping at setting the flags for "whatever town".

23. Your problem is not corrupt data files, but towns registered and missing from their respective world files.
    Don't delete any files.
    Start the server and when it says a name just before a Null error then that town name is missing from it's world data file.
    Stop the server. Find the coresponding world data file in the worlds folder and add the towns name to the list.
    Save and repeat.

Do this until there are no more errors.

24. Offline

MunkyCheez

Thank you so much for your time. that did fix the issue. good to go now.
    thank you again!

25. Offline

Kozzy68

Hi, im bit confused about new 1000 RB and permissions system. Orig. permissions plugin seems to be bit out of date last update for 1.6. Should I set up my new server with this ? there are couple of other plugins that claim to be official and plugins to take over old permission system to bukkit one if I understand it correctly. What do you suggest to use for new server ? Any idea or advice tips about this new perms with towny server ?

26. I use GroupMananger myself and will likely continue to do so until it breaks beyond repair, or a decent alternative comes out. I'm not a fan of any of the permissions flavours.

Monopol likes this.
  27. Offline

dslip

seeing lots of the following in my console

[SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_CHAT to Towny
    at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.TownySettings.getMayorPrefix(TownySettings.java:465)
    at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.TownyFormatter.getNamePrefix(TownyFormatter.java:211)
    at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.event.TownyPlayerLowListener.onPlayerChat(TownyPlayerLowListener.java:48)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$6.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:279)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:682)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)

28. Offline

Kozzy68

I dont see groumanager in plugin list even. I dont like perms either but well nearly all plugins seems to use it.
    I just like to use someting that is not about to die and works. Seems bukkit perms are future but they are too new and I gues not compatibile. Any one has some experience or did some rearch on this ?
    Thanks for tip Elgarl.

29. You have not upgraded properly. Your config.yml is not complete in the townLeven and nationLevel entries.

GM comes with essentials

30. ElgarL, thanks again for the help last night! Upgrade from our old fuzze version to 0.73 seems to work flawless now!
    Keep up the good work! You rock!

31. Offline

ReKLiS

thanks elgarl fixed my problem with the towns having corrupted files. Now im having an error when someone uses the command /town spawn the following error is in the console when someone uses the command

2011-07-19 05:25:22 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'town' in plugin Towny v0.73.0
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:320)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:713)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:677)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.earth2me.essentials.Teleport.teleport(Lorg/bukkit/Location;Lcom/earth2me/essentials/Trade;)V
    at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.Towny.checkEssentialsTeleport(Towny.java:539)
    at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.command.TownCommand.parseTownCommand(TownCommand.java:145)
    at ca.xshade.bukkit.towny.command.TownCommand.onCommand(TownCommand.java:78)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    ... 12 more