[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

LlmDl

Start a new town there, read the Mayor section of the How Towny Works wikipage.

3. Offline

Elements11997

getting this error, although not affecting anything, annoying.
    Code:
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] java.io.EOFException
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.readFully(Unknown Source)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readBooleans(Unknown Source)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readArray(Unknown Source)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readArray(Unknown Source)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(Unknown Source)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(Unknown Source)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at com.gmail.nossr50.util.blockmeta.HashChunkletManager.deserializeChunkletStore(HashChunkletManager.java:210)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at com.gmail.nossr50.util.blockmeta.HashChunkletManager.chunkLoaded(HashChunkletManager.java:30)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at com.gmail.nossr50.listeners.WorldListener.onChunkLoad(WorldListener.java:36)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:302)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:460)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.getChunkAt(ChunkProviderServer.java:103)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.examine.TimedChunkProviderServer.getChunkAt(TimedChunkProviderServer.java:147)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.PlayerInstance.<init>(PlayerInstance.java:26)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.PlayerManager.a(PlayerManager.java:60)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.PlayerManager.addPlayer(PlayerManager.java:99)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(ServerConfigurationManager.java:143)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:129)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:41)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:61)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:567)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:459)
    2012-06-17 23:53:51 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

4. Offline

LlmDl

That has nothing to do with towny sorry.

5. Offline

georgezondaf123

So yah i have a question. I have been using bpermissions on my beastnode panel and using the correct node to let my players build in the wild and the node i have been using is '-towny.wild.*' i still get the same error of you are not permitted to build in the wild! Is it because i am using the latest version of essentials?

6. Offline

Liger_XT5

you need a space between the "-" and "towny.wild.*", If I may also suggest, make the setting change in the towny config instead, I'm sure it makes things easier on the plugin. I don't know the details.

Also, not sure who to refer this part to exactly, but I found a bug, but was able to fix it.
    We recently set up a few new worlds a month or two ago and allowed people to move their stuff from the old to the new. I disabled loading of the old worlds (leaving them on the server if something came up) and recently noticed that Towny wasn't taking daily Taxes, even though it says it was.
    When I did a /townyadmin newday, I got the following error:

Code:
    2012-06-18 11:11:55 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2012-06-18 11:11:55 [SEVERE]     at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.object.TownyEconomyObject.getBukkitWorld(TownyEconomyObject.java:132)
    2012-06-18 11:11:55 [SEVERE]     at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.object.TownyEconomyObject.canPayFromHoldings(TownyEconomyObject.java:186)
    2012-06-18 11:11:55 [SEVERE]     at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.object.TownyEconomyObject._pay(TownyEconomyObject.java:47)
    2012-06-18 11:11:55 [SEVERE]     at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.object.TownyEconomyObject.pay(TownyEconomyObject.java:34)
    2012-06-18 11:11:55 [SEVERE]     at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.tasks.DailyTimerTask.collectTownCosts(DailyTimerTask.java:349)
    2012-06-18 11:11:55 [SEVERE]     at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.tasks.DailyTimerTask.run(DailyTimerTask.java:52)
    2012-06-18 11:11:55 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34)
    2012-06-18 11:11:55 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Which I couldn't really follow. After using /townyadmin town (name) delete, I deleted all old, inactive towns from the old world. Now the taxes work and the error is gone.
    I'll put in a support ticket for easier finding. Not sure if anyone else on here has had this problem.

7. Offline

baliks

We recognized a problem towards embassy plots.
    We want to use it in our server town, so that players from all towns can buy one of those plots.

The problem occured is, that no tax is collected from them, even when you did "/town set embassytax 500"

When you claim the plot as a mayor or assistant and you do "/resident tax" it only says that staffs are exempt from paying taxes.
    When you do a new day, no money is collected from them.

When a non-staff resident from another town buys an embassy plot and do "/resident tax" it says you own 1 plot and you have to pay these 500.
    But on next towny day no tax is collected again...

8. Offline

georgezondaf123

omg thanks so much!!!!!

9. Your register needs updating.

10. Offline

Liger_XT5

Not using register, using Vault.

11. Offline

LlmDl

I don't think elgarl quite understood what you are doing. When you disabled those worlds, towny did not find them and in the startup showed that some towns were missing their homeblocks, possibly altering the data files for those towns. Towny will not charge towns taxes if their worlds are not loaded, the missing/corrupted data probably did cause issues when tax time came around.

12. Offline

Liger_XT5

I don't expect it to tax towns in worlds that no longer existed, it wouldn't tax any town on any world, loaded or not loaded, until I removed the towns that exited in worlds that were no longer on the server.

13. Offline

RedT!ger

its not working on my mac bukkit server, all the other plugins work but not this one when i open it and start my server it says[INFO] While loading Towny (plugins/Towny (1).jar) renamed data folder: 'plugins/Towny (1)' to 'plugins/Towny'
    22:38:18 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/Towny (1).jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/event/player/PlayerListener
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j

14. Is having 400mb worth of plot block data bad?

15. Offline

LlmDl

Remove all towny.jars from your plugin folder and redownload it. You have multiple towny.jars.

That depends on how much ram you have. If you have 2 gigs then 20% of your ram is being taken by the plot block data folder. If you have 8 gigs it isn't taking that much.

16. Offline

RedT!ger

omg tahnk you so much :)

17. I have 10gb assigned, so I should be good then.

18. Offline

Build-O-Tron

Towny work great on my server, but I do have a question about what feel like a missing feature.
    Is there somthing like "wild_revert_on_mob_explosion" but for towns ? I don't want to turn off the mob spawn in town but I'd very much like to have some creeper protection for town plot (sound a bit lame to tell my players that the wild is protected but their houses aren't).
    I could not find anything about that in the doc, so here I am asking :)

19. Offline

Wookiefoots

It would be nice if you could add compatibality with Worldedit so Admins can select a large area in Worldedit and then type in a command and make the entire area a town.

20. Offline

HockeyMike24

Could you add a /home feature that you can set on a plot you own?

21. Offline

Darcion

i got a huge bug on one of my deleted towns, there are 3 chunks, which are regenerate hugh structures 1x1 in the air and cut it from the bottom.

any idea? if i deactivate towny it stopped.

22. Offline

Jesfriis

how to turn rebuild from tnt off?!

23. Offline

Darcion

there was a town and every time every second this structure is rising up. If i delete it it will rising again.

[​IMG]

if this come from the regen.txt there are 3 chunks in, why is this buggy?

Edit: After edit regen.txt the chunks are clear now.

24. Offline

xeNium

25. Offline

LlmDl

Read This

Use /tw toggle revertexplosion

Give the default group towny.wild.*

The TC errors are actually thrown by Vanilla and Reservations.

26. Offline

xeNium

No, the error is because Towny. I type the towny channels like /tc and the result is that (I can't speak etc) I only can speak on /g but no one can hear me the channel was Global

Oh yes It because those plugins but can you make them not have any conflict anymore? I think it because the new version v0.80.1.0 (It never happen before)

27. Offline

xDrapor

Register 1.8 does not seem to work with Bukkit 1.2.5

28. Offline

LlmDl

Pastebin.com your full startup, also looking at your perms you have something that is probably also trying to use /tc

Pastebin.com your full startup

Pipikins likes this.
  29. Offline

Doppelkeks

Hey,when i use Towny, misfire the server and all people disconnects after a time.
    With Connection Reset.
    otherwise no error.

30. Damn. I like the idea of this and changed to this from factions to five it a try but it sure is a lot of commands for a simple user to learn.

Is there any cheat sheet to what commands the normal users need so I can write up a guide for my users without having to go over all commands since there's quite some commands the user doesn't need to know.

31. Offline

Pipikins

Hello when ever i make a town and claim some plots it saids when ever i try to do something in the plot 'this plot is locked!' it saids this in every plot but the homeblock can anybody help me?