[SEC/FUN] Factions 2.0.0 - Guilds, War and user-controlled antigrief [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by MassiveCraft, May 29, 2011.

1. Offline

darkrev

hey guys just updated to the new beta build to help test and i dono if its just me but inorder to autoclaim land as safe or war zone i have to make a faction is this normal for the new build ? as the old one the oped players / admins could do it without making a faction first
    all the Permissions kits are set up for each of my servers ranks and seem to work fine

2. Offline

x4n4th

Yes i did. Factions Loaded fine when i uploaded it from my dev environment to my production server. The Only difference is jrockit vs. Hotspot

3. Offline

Brettflan

OK, I'm still not 100% sure what you mean about it not showing the factions people are in. Do you mean that, as players walk around, it's not indicating to them which faction's territory they are in?
    What version of Factions are you running? Are your players using the Spoutcraft client or the normal one?

Are you sure you formatted and spelled them correctly? Is your copy of GroupManager up to date? I know they work, because I currently use GroupManager myself and have those permissions working fine in it.

Outdated version of CraftBukkit, most likely.

It does indeed look like an issue related to PermissionsEx. PermissionsEx is set in the softdepend for Factions, so it should always be loaded before Factions; the error message seems to indicate it wasn't, though.
    I'll ask Olof, he added in PermissionsEx support and I haven't personally even tested that.

You're unable to use /f autosafe or /f autowar without being in a faction? I'll note that down to test out, thanks for the report.

So you're sure you have the /lib/gson.jar file in the root folder on your server?

4. Offline

monir

I Run build 1240

5. Offline

jazzman170

Do you plan to make this compatible with residence plugin? im giving my players 2 options. Join a Faction/start one or/and go and make a 30X30 plot of land under your ownership so for those that dont want to join any faction still have land of their own that is 30x30.

Problem is a player can go and claim land for the faction, and then go and protect their faction land with residence land and turn off PVP cause they own that land via residence AND faction.

make sense?

edit: one way around this currently is to make it so players dont have access to making a residence but admins can set up plots of land in the wilderness that are rentable/perma buyable

edit2: Im just gonna make it so only i can make residences and ill set them all up for renterables :D will make it very interesting. players that dont wish to join any faction can rent a house or buy a house for a very high price.

6. Offline

Reflex0494

Ok, i got my issue fixed, thanks for your time though :) !

7. Offline

desicions

Which one's for 1185?

8. Offline

NazzyDragon

Dear dev, /f config powerOfflineLossPerDay -1 is not working for me, players still lose power.

9. Offline

MAD_T

Can you please make it that both factions need to agree when one want to be neutral with the other like they have to do when they want to be ally? Players are going into war with another faction but the opposite faction is setting themself neutral all the time to prevent the attack in their territory which gets realy annoying.

10. How could i set up chat so it would be factions rank prefix then the faction name then the username so like this
    [A] [ReallyCoolFaction] etherz10: message here

[A] would be the chatprefix for faction admins, using essentialschat btw

11. Offline

x4n4th

Yes I am sure :/

12. Offline

jgm4444

when i remove essentials factions works perfectly... but i need essentials. Still have the problem they can create a faction but cant join, inv, ext. Here is my code for groupmanager, i have no idea what is wrong it just wont let builders use f join f inv stuff like that? I ran it through yaml parser there are no errors. what is wrong?

Code:
    groups:
      Default:
        default: true
        permissions:
        - essentials.help
        - essentials.helpop
        - essentials.list
        - essentials.motd
        - essentials.rules
        - essentials.spawn
        inheritance: []
        info:
          prefix: '&e'
          build: false
          suffix: ''
      Builder:
        default: false
        permissions:
        - factions.create
        - factions.admin
        - factions.autoclaim
        - factions.balance
        - factions.balance.any
        - factions.withdraw
        - factions.pay
        - factions.chat
        - factions.claim
        - factions.deinvite
        - factions.deposit
        - factions.description
        - factions.disband
        - factions.help
        - factions.home
        - factions.invite
        - factions.join
        - factions.kick
        - factions.leave
        - factions.list
        - factions.map
        - factions.mod
        - factions.noboom
        - factions.open
        - factions.owner
        - factions.ownerlist
        - factions.power
        - factions.power.any
        - factions.relation
        - factions.sethome
        - factions.show
        - factions.tag
        - factions.title
        - factions.version
        - factions.unclaim
        - factions.unclaimall
        - essentials.afk
        - essentials.back
        - essentials.back.ondeath
        - essentials.balance
        - essentials.balance.others
        - essentials.balancetop
        - essentials.chat.color
        - essentials.chat.shout
        - essentials.chat.question
        - essentials.compass
        - essentials.depth
        - essentials.home
        - essentials.ignore
        - essentials.kit
        - essentials.kit.tools
        - essentials.mail
        - essentials.mail.send
        - essentials.me
        - essentials.msg
        - essentials.nick
        - essentials.pay
        - essentials.ping
        - essentials.portal
        - essentials.powertool
        - essentials.protect
        - essentials.sethome
        - essentials.signs.use.*
        - essentials.signs.create.disposal
        - essentials.signs.create.mail
        - essentials.signs.create.protection
        - essentials.signs.create.trade
        - essentials.signs.break.disposal
        - essentials.signs.break.mail
        - essentials.signs.break.protection
        - essentials.signs.break.trade
        - essentials.suicide
        - essentials.time
        - essentials.tpa
        - essentials.tpaccept
        - essentials.tpahere
        - essentials.tpdeny
        - essentials.warp
        - essentials.warp.list
        - essentials.worth
        inheritance:
        info:
          prefix: '&2'
          build: true
      Moderator:
        permissions:
        - factions.disband.any
        - factions.setpermanent
        - factions.setpeaceful
        - factions.sethome.any
        - factions.managesafezone
        - factions.managewarzone
        - factions.bypass
        - factions.kick.any
        - factions.ownershipbypass
        - essentials.ban
        - essentials.ban.notify
        - essentials.banip
        - essentials.broadcast
        - essentials.clearinventory
        - essentials.delwarp
        - essentials.eco.loan
        - essentials.ext
        - essentials.getpos
        - essentials.helpop.recieve
        - essentials.home.others
        - essentials.invsee
        - essentials.jails
        - essentials.jump
        - essentials.kick
        - essentials.kick.notify
        - essentials.kill
        - essentials.mute
        - essentials.nick.others
        - essentials.realname
        - essentials.setwarp
        - essentials.signs.create.*
        - essentials.signs.break.*
        - essentials.spawner
        - essentials.thunder
        - essentials.time
        - essentials.time.set
        - essentials.protect.alerts
        - essentials.protect.admin
        - essentials.protect.ownerinfo
        - essentials.ptime
        - essentials.ptime.others
        - essentials.togglejail
        - essentials.top
        - essentials.tp
        - essentials.tphere
        - essentials.tppos
        - essentials.tptoggle
        - essentials.unban
        - essentials.unbanip
        - essentials.weather
        - essentials.whois
        - essentials.world
        - groupmanager.listgroups
        - groupmanager.mandemote
        - groupmanager.manpromote
        - groupmanager.manselect
        - groupmanager.manuadd
        - groupmanager.manudel
        - groupmanager.manwhois
        inheritance:
        - builder
        info:
          prefix: '&5'
      Admin:
        permissions:
        - -essentials.backup
        - -essentials.essentials
        - -essentials.setspawn
        - -essentials.reloadall
        - -essentials.plugin
        - essentials.*
        - groupmanager.mantogglevalidate
        - groupmanager.mansave
        - groupmanager.mangcheckp
        - groupmanager.manglistp
        - groupmanager.manucheckp
        - groupmanager.manulistp
        inheritance:
        info:
          prefix: '&c'
      Owner:
        permissions:
        - '*'
        inheritance:
        - admin
        info:
          prefix: '&4'

13. Offline

Vixolus

14. Offline

jgm4444

problem fixed it was groupbridge, i dont know why but with it it doesnt work?

15. Offline

APhilosopher

i must be missing something here, or maybe this is a bug, a player brought this to my attention
    one faction with greater power then another is unable to claim their land the msg they get is that they dont have enough power,
    power 29/30
    other faction 8 / 10
    the faction with 3 members and 29 power is trying to claim land from the faction with one member and 8 power, they are enemies to each other,
    yet they get the not enough power msg,
    they only have 10 land claimed
    whats up with that?

i know its only been a day but i am anxious for an answer to this^^ any one know the answer to this issue? please?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  16. Offline

FearGrump

i forgot the config node to change the faction tag color.. :S i cant seem to find it on the massivecraft website either.

17. Offline

Brettflan

Well, it's a CraftBukkit issue either way.

That's odd. Well, you can at least set it to 0 to prevent offline power loss.

If either faction has the other set as enemy, both should be able to attack the other in the territory of either. Are you sure that's not the case? If so, what version of Factions are you using?

There's currently only options for faction tag and title within the faction, not rank. It's something for us to look into at some point.

And you've tried with no other plugins loaded to make sure it's not another plugin using a different version of GSON interfering?
    Well, I'm not sure what else to tell you. The exception you posted is occurring in Factions when it attempts to initialize GSON.

Sounds like your problem is an unreadable conf.json file, which can happen when it is manually edited by some text editors (as covered on the configuration page of the Factions user guide, FYI, which you should probably read). Otherwise Factions will not modify that particular value after you've set it. Try using /f config to set it. I'd give you the entire command, except the setting names have changed between Factions 1.5.1 and 1.5.9beta, and I don't know which version you're using.

So... what is the current power, max power, and current land for each of those factions? You didn't really make that clear, only providing two numbers for each.

"colorMember", "colorAlly". "colorNeutral", and "colorEnemy"? Or are you talking about something else?

18. Offline

Alienware777

Is there any way for the faction bank to gain money other than from donations? And if there isn't currently, can you implement a form of taxing? Because right now if factions is set to take from the bank and not from the one claiming, but no one is donating, then land cannot be claimed. Sure you can ask members to donate some of their money, but most would just say no.

19. Offline

jazzman170

theres a simple solution to this. If a member is not willing to donate SOME money, kick them out. Members of a faction are like members of a family, if they arent willing to help each other out then ignore them (aka kick them). AND not to mention the guild leader (faction leader) just needs to sells chunks (16x16) to members :) every member that comes in enables the leader to claim 10 more CHUNKS (16x16 X 10) of land....so thats more then enough land. Say set a price of 1000 economy currency for each chunk they want. or something along those lines :)

20. Offline

FlyJ4ck

Hi i got a question. I'm using this plugin for months now. It's great, and my server is like most popular in my country. But after wars, exploring and fights.. world looks like poop.

So here is my question: Is it possible and if yes, how to make that people can build only inside their claims, not everywhere on map. I mean you need to claim (/f claim) a territory to break any block.

21. Offline

Sydael

How to disable using certain commands in a permission group?
    I gave one group these nodes:
    factions.chat: true
    factions.help: true
    factions.home: true
    factions.invite: true
    factions.join: true
    factions.leave: true
    factions.list: true
    factions.map: true
    factions.power: true
    factions.show: true
    factions.autoclaim: true
    factions.claim: true
    factions.create: true
    factions.deinvite: true
    factions.description: true
    factions.disband: true
    factions.kick: true
    factions.mod: true
    factions.open: true
    factions.owner: true
    factions.ownerlist: true
    factions.ownershipbypass: true
    factions.relation: true
    factions.sethome: true
    factions.tag: true
    factions.title: true
    factions.unclaim: true
    factions.unclaimall: true

As you see, he has no permission node for passing admin to other player. But he can!
    I tried adding disable node:
    factions.commandDisable.admin: true
    and
    factions.admin: false
    But still he can pass the leadership to other player. How can i disable any faction commands?

22. Offline

grootn

f join dont work

23. Offline

PsychoMantis

Is there a way to set it so people can build in their faction area but not in the wilderness? I'm using Factions 1.5.1 and I'm also using bPermissions

24. Offline

Alienware777

Hah, good point. Threatening with a kick and selling plots can work. However you must admit, it would be much easier to just be able to have it set to take X$ a day.

25. Offline

winter4w

Is there a wa you can do /f create <faction> <username of owner> so the admins can make factions for users

Ex /f create Animalsoftware winter4w

26. Offline

BSF

no matter what i set max power as.....it says that users dont have enough power to claim.......
    even with power way up
    http://pastebin.com/HpZ3yqHy

27. Offline

Deathfromace

Is it possible to make it so max power in config actually sets a faction to have that exact max power? At the moment I have guilds capped at 100 max power but if they die and lose power it takes away from any extra they have past 100.

28. Looking through the config, can't seem to find anything that sets the size of the plots of land a faction can claim. At it's default it seems a bit annoying for claiming large areas. And way to edit this, or claim land faster?

29. Offline

Rnadmo

No and yes. Factions uses the existing 16x16 chunks. This can not be changed. However you can use /f autosafe and /f autowar to speed up the process of claiming those areas.

30. Offline

Jigsaw

@Brettflan
    Loading time with v1.5.1:
    Show Spoiler
    Code:
    2011-10-20 22:12:46 [INFO] [Factions v1.5.1] === ENABLE START ===
    2011-10-20 22:12:46 [INFO] [Factions v1.5.1] Loading conf from disk
    2011-10-20 22:12:46 [INFO] [Factions v1.5.1] Loading players from disk
    2011-10-20 22:13:20 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-10-20 22:13:28 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-10-20 22:13:46 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-10-20 22:13:59 [INFO] [Factions v1.5.1] Loading factions from disk
    2011-10-20 22:13:59 [INFO] [Factions v1.5.1] Loading board from disk
    2011-10-20 22:13:59 [INFO] [Factions v1.5.1] Found and will use Permissions v2.7.7 for permissions
    2011-10-20 22:13:59 [INFO] [Factions v1.5.1] Found and will use features of Spout v1.0.6.449
    2011-10-20 22:13:59 [INFO] [Factions v1.5.1] EssentialsEco hook available, and interface is enabled.
    2011-10-20 22:13:59 [INFO] [Factions v1.5.1] Successfully hooked to WorldGuard.
    2011-10-20 22:13:59 [INFO] [Factions v1.5.1] === ENABLE DONE (Took 73458ms) ===

Loading time with v1.5.9 beta:
    Show Spoiler
    Code:
    2011-10-21 11:54:19 [INFO] [Factions v1.5.9 beta] === ENABLE START ===
    2011-10-21 11:54:19 [INFO] [Factions v1.5.9 beta] Will use this plugin for permissions: Permissions v2.7.7
    2011-10-21 11:54:36 [INFO] [Factions v1.5.9 beta] Loading board from disk
    2011-10-21 11:54:36 [INFO] [Factions v1.5.9 beta] Found and will use features of Spout v1.0.6.449
    2011-10-21 11:54:36 [INFO] [Factions v1.5.9 beta] Economy integration is disabled, and the plugin "Register" is not installed.
    2011-10-21 11:54:36 [INFO] [Factions v1.5.9 beta] Successfully hooked to WorldGuard.
    2011-10-21 11:54:36 [INFO] [Factions v1.5.9 beta] === ENABLE DONE (Took 17096ms) ===

Loading time went from over 1 minute to just over 15 seconds. This is a major improvement and I thank you for it. :D