[SEC/FUN] Factions 2.0.0 - Guilds, War and user-controlled antigrief [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by MassiveCraft, May 29, 2011.

1. Offline

spunkiie

I want to disable /f claim but still let users use /f sethome

This is not possible right now :(

2. Offline

jonassm

How much Memory does this take from the server?
    What can i expect of lagg?
    How will chunk loading be?

3. Offline

Darcion

dunno but i run 30~40 plugins and factions with lots of worlds and have no laags.

4. Offline

jonassm

How much RAM do you got? ( Or system specs? )

5. Is there a way to give people more defualt power? Like VIP's have 15 max power not 10?

6. Offline

Darcion

i am on a vserver and got only 1800 MB RAM and that works. our provider is nitrado.

and i count again we have 40 plugins ;)

7. Offline

cpalms

@MassiveCraft

Is there any way, as admin, I can be the faction admin for multiple factions?
    I'd prefer to do it this way and then appoint faction moderators as I see fit.

8. Offline

LeGenDaryX

Can anyone tell me how i can enable tnt without people destroying factions with a tnt cannon?

9. Offline

godgodgodgo

Are you thinking at all of having features for Spout? Maybe a real /f map or faction members lists and settings?

10. Offline

T4L_Goose

I was just about to ask this. I really hope you guys use spout, it would be amazing and would really polish this plugin up.

11. Offline

Brettflan

You could set that up in EssentialsChat like so:
    '[{FACTION}] {DISPLAYNAME}: {MESSAGE}'

I'll consider it a bit and start a conversation with you about it.

It looks like the file was locked by your OS so that Factions couldn't overwrite it. I'm guessing you had the file open in another program which locked write-access to it?

That's a tall order. Worthwhile, really, but I have no idea if/when I might ever get around to it.

A permission group from which particular permission plugin? There is no group handling built into Bukkit, so I doubt I'll add such functionality for other individual plugins.

Yes, it is. Permission node: factions.commandDisable.<command>. That's covered in the user guide.

Different maximum power for different permission groups? Not current possible or planned. The main problem, perhaps oddly enough, would be with determining the permissions of offline players.

Being admin of multiple factions will likely never be possible. Many of the commands and functionality assume that you are in a single faction, and it would be a lot of trouble and add in a lot more unnecessary complexity to how those commands are used.
    Being able to set yourself as admin of a specified faction (leaving whatever faction you're currently in) might end up being possible, related to what ledhead900 was asking above.

You could have it disabled while the faction is offline, or you could set them as peaceful and they could enable/disable it at will. Otherwise, not possible or generally practical since there's no real way to determine (using Bukkit) the person who triggered any TNT.

I think I mentioned it before, but for starters I'm looking into adding relation-colored faction names over players' heads and relation-colored capes (red for enemies, green for members, gray for neutral, etc.). There's a good chance those will be in the next release.

By the way, it will probably be another week or two before the next release. For the moment I have other things I need to do with my free time.

12. Offline

necavi

I would love to see say, a border around blocks in a certain faction's chunk, say...a red one or some such (using spout) would be extremely cool (although I'm not sure if spout currently supports such things, they will indubitably do so in the future).

13. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

I figured out a solution for that problem :)

14. Offline

domingo15

newb question do the permission '*' works with all the factions nodes? or do i have to put all them one by one?

15. I love this plugin! it makes my server complete.

One feature I'd love to see:

/f bribe <faction> <amount> <time>

You can bribe a faction to leave you alone (no pvp) for <time in minutes>

and that faction can decide to say yes, or no :D

For example:

Riders attacks Grassers

Grassers bribe Riders to leave them alone for 15minutes.

Riders accept, and leave.

16. Offline

Darcion

i want to give the enemies free to build ladders or wooden struktures to climb over the walls but without to destroy anything.

so i setup that you can build on enemyterrotory and i protected all mats without ladders and wood.

but if cant build any blocks, because the protection of the block behind or under my contrukt is protected too, i dont to give stone or grass free to build.

any chance to give us a new feature with enemyteritory building material? like

"territoryEnemyBuildMaterialAllow": [
    "LADDER"
    ],

raught19 likes this.
  17. Can we also charge for name change?

I dont want my really recognizable faction, changing there name suddenly, without a large cost.

18. Offline

Brettflan

It's something I'll look into. I've considered before that it would be useful to have some visual way to indicate territory borders. Don't get your hopes up too much, though.

Yes, * works.

Why would you even need Factions involved in that? They can directly bribe each other using whatever economy plugin you have set up.

Not currently planned.

"econCostTag" is already available to charge for /f tag.

19. Offline

godgodgodgo

Sounds great but I think the capes are a bit unnecessary, maybe only the name colours?

20. Offline

forceserver

i am server admin
    but i don't open guild chest
    i want to open guild chest
    how to open chest ?? -?only admin

21. Offline

Brettflan

It will be optional either way.

/f bypass

22. Offline

Haekon

It's been mentioned before...just another vote for Spout support. Seen some cool ideas suggested, but honestly I'm most interested in colored above-head names, in the same manner as how chat is colored.

23. Offline

omnija

seems like a good idea and i still vote for notifications for territories. that way it keeps the chat from spamming, guild wild guild wild XD.

Haekon likes this.
  24. Offline

Fob_Upset

Is there anyway i can disable the protection element of the plugin?
    I've disabled everything to do with protection on the config and it still lets me protect land.

25. Offline

Olat

@Brettflan

Can you fix the issues between Faction Chat and HeroChat?
    Maybe lower the priority for your chat commands?
    If you talk in Factionchat with Herochat on it just broadcasts it globally.

26. Offline

forceserver

hey do you know?
    i am not gay but i love you
    please kiss me

27. Offline

lauris3722

How to make zombies spawn in safe zone,but not hurt peoples? I builded monster trap @ spawn, but monsters are not spawning in and around spawn.

28. Offline

Brettflan

Do you mean claiming land? If so, you can add the permission node factions.commandDisable.claim to regular users. If not, please explain your problem in further detail.

If faction chat is still being broadcast globally and you're sure you're using an updated version of Factions (at least version 1.4.1), then I expect HeroChat is un-cancelling the chat events or at least ignoring that they've been cancelled. If that's the case, take it up with them.
    In 1.4.1 I added a secondary lowest-priority chat listener to handle faction chat and slashless commands early.

That's currently not possible, sorry. An option for it might be added at some point.

29. Offline

lauris3722

Is there any way admin can change faction's power and kick peoples from some faction without modyfing database files manually and restarting the server?

30. Offline

OllyHal

I am getting this error which makes me not able to chat in game and only in factions chat

java.util.UnknownFormatConversionException: Conversion = '§'
    at java.util.Formatter.checkText(Formatter.java:2519)
    at java.util.Formatter.parse(Formatter.java:2483)
    at java.util.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:2430)
    at java.util.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:2383)
    at java.lang.String.format(String.java:2781)
    at com.massivecraft.factions.listeners.FactionsPlayerListener.onPlayerChat(FactionsPlayerListener.java:100)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$6.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:279)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:682)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)