[SEC/FUN] Factions 2.0.0 - Guilds, War and user-controlled antigrief [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by MassiveCraft, May 29, 2011.

1. Offline

Techno96

Make a command so we can unclaim all the safezone or warzone!

AtlasServer likes this.
  2. Offline

nicquehen

use worldguard flag command-deny :)

3. Offline

corvuspvp

I'm pretty sure you can do /f unclaimall safezone or /f unclaimall warzone

4. Offline

thebeatles8371

I'm running a modded server with bukkit and such, but when i try to add this plugin nothing works. Whenever i use a command nothing comes up not even an "unknown command" thing. Can someone help with this?

5. Offline

Kemrin H

If these additions/changes are made, I pledge to donate $50 to the Factions team.
    Customization options for the power changes and values, including the following:
    1. I want to be able to set the power value of a chunk. Right now, a chunk must always cost 1 power. However, I'd like to be able to customize that value, so that each chunk costs 100 power. (Or, ideally, whatever amount the admin desires)
    2. I want to be able to have death reduce a players power by % instead of a flat value.
    3. I want to be able to have players gain power equal to the loss of the victim when killing another player in PvP. That way if you kill another player, and they lose, say, 25 power, the player that killed them gains that 25 power.
    4. I'd like to be able to have the power a player gains each minute get lower as their power gets higher.
    5. Ideally all of these should be customizable values in the config so that the admins can set them or turn them off as preferred for their server.
    -----
    As an explanation, I'd like to be able to set up factions so that players can each have between 0 and 5000 power. Each chunk claim costs 100 power. Power regeneration rates are set by time and by killing other players. Between 0 and 1000 power players gain about 200 per hour. Between 1000 and 2000 they gain power at 100 an hour. Between 2000 and 3000 they gain at 50 an hour. And between 3000 and 4000 they gain at only 25 an hour. And above 4000 they no longer gain power by online time and instead must kill other players and collect their power. Any player who dies loses 10% of their current power, so that if they only have 100 power they only lose 10, but if they have 5000 they lose 500. When killing another player in PvP, the killer will gain the power lost by their victim. This means that if you killed someone with 5000 power, they'd lose 500 and you'd gain 500 power, but if the victim only had 100 and lost 10, you'd only gain 10.

6. Offline

Loki3173

I'm having an issue with non-oped players joining on my server which running the 1.7.5 dev version . New players that join are unable to join an open faction by doing /f join <faction name>. The server says you do not have permission to join a faction. Is there a way to allow non-oped to join a faction without getting a permissions plugin? The only reason I don't want to get a permissions plugin is because i do not understand permissions well/at all. So if there is a way for someone to give me a permissions config file with that in it or just give me a part to copy and paste that would work as well. Any help is appreciated

7. Offline

FireDemon222

Cool Plguin Thx!!!!!!!!!! :D[diamond]

8. Offline

wesley01999

i am a server owner and i would like to be able to override faction protections i would like it if only op by default can do it. thx!

9. Offline

nxtguy

I was wondering if there was a way to "disable" factions in a certain area. For example, I want to have pvp fights with the War plugin, but factions won't allow players to hit allies, and people in the same faction. So I was wondering if you could make it so you could have another zone (similar to WarZones and Safezones) that would just disable all those features.

Or is there already a way to do this?

Please reply soon!
    --
    NXTGUY

10. Offline

bigjep

How do i allow only certain groups to make factions and join....

11. Offline

syncr0

12. Offline

lord_shadow

hey, i installed factions on my bukkit server but the name of the faction doesn't appear when the person speaks plz help,the plugins i have on my server are:groupmanager,worldedit,iconomy,colors,coreprotect,safecreeper,monsterbox,LWC,MCmmo,mobarena,mobdisguise,essentials,essentialsprotect,essentialspawn,vanishnopacket,chestshop,simplespleef,essentials chat,factions.

plz help:)

13. Offline

Toastman22

So I am using this plugin a lot... but anyone can join any faction without an invite even if it is closed. How do I fix this? Fixed mostly... Didn't know there were .any perms like factions.join.any.

14. Offline

pumakid98

Hey CAn i put color to my faction?

15. Offline

kalvinleung

I can't access to Factions Userguide... Anyone can?

16. Offline

AlwaysSmile

Same here.

Please get userguide up or publish list of permissions here... :S

17. Offline

Le_Sop

Hey I'm having problems with the userguide to but anyway, here is my real problem.

Don't know what it means but here is the error:
    1. 2012-06-26 20:47:02 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Factions v1.6.8 (Is it up to date?)
    2. java.lang.AssertionError
    3. at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$EnumTypeAdapter.<init>(TypeAdapters.java:686)
    4. at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$24.create(TypeAdapters.java:715)
    5. at com.google.gson.Gson.getAdapter(Gson.java:353)
    6. at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.create(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:52)
    7. at com.google.gson.Gson.getAdapter(Gson.java:353)
    8. at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.<init>(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:82)
    9. at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.createBoundField(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:81)
    10. at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.getBoundFields(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:118)
    11. at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.create(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:72)
    12. at com.google.gson.Gson.getAdapter(Gson.java:353)
    13. at com.google.gson.Gson.toJson(Gson.java:538)
    14. at com.google.gson.Gson.toJson(Gson.java:525)
    15. at com.google.gson.Gson.toJson(Gson.java:480)
    16. at com.google.gson.Gson.toJson(Gson.java:460)
    17. at com.massivecraft.factions.zcore.util.Persist.save(Persist.java:116)
    18. at com.massivecraft.factions.zcore.util.Persist.loadOrSaveDefault(Persist.java:80)
    19. at com.massivecraft.factions.zcore.util.Persist.loadOrSaveDefault(Persist.java:72)
    20. at com.massivecraft.factions.Conf.load(Conf.java:360)
    21. at com.massivecraft.factions.P.onEnable(P.java:86)
    22. at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
    23. at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:336)
    24. at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:386)
    25. at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:262)
    26. at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:244)
    27. at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:375)
    28. at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:362)
    29. at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:191)
    30. at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:426)
    31. at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

18. There is a few people having trouble with some plugins because of the "I don't understand permissions".

I believe a simple guide is better than keep answering these questions all the time. Will write one when I get home. :)

Loki3173 likes this.
  19. Offline

AlwaysSmile

Can someone get userguide working or publish full list of permissions!??!?!

20. Offline

dragooser

lol yea the site hosting it is probably doing server maintenance... next time it comes up imma be copyin this to my comp so i dont have to use the user guide again. it seems to go down frequently for me. anyone else have that problem?

21. Offline

GhostSAS

Why is the Userguide down?

22. Offline

Le_Sop

Can someone read my problem?

23. Offline

h0gtitties

the massive craft site has been offline for several days now. hopefully the owners will fix it soon. cloudflare is garbage so hopefully they will ditch them as their cdn.

24. Offline

Isocadia

Question, how do I prevent fire spread in safezones? We have lava lightning and leaf hedges and the hedges are burning ;)

25. Offline

Loki3173

that would be greatly appreciated

26. Offline

Le_Sop

WHAT DOES THIS MEEEEEAN!?

1. 2012-06-26 20:47:02 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Factions v1.6.8 (Is it up to date?)
    2. java.lang.AssertionError
    3. at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$EnumTypeAdapter.<init>(TypeAdapters.java:686)
    4. at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$24.create(TypeAdapters.java:715)
    5. at com.google.gson.Gson.getAdapter(Gson.java:353)
    6. at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.create(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:52)
    7. at com.google.gson.Gson.getAdapter(Gson.java:353)
    8. at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.<init>(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:82)
    9. at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.createBoundField(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:81)
    10. at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.getBoundFields(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:118)
    11. at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.create(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:72)
    12. at com.google.gson.Gson.getAdapter(Gson.java:353)
    13. at com.google.gson.Gson.toJson(Gson.java:538)
    14. at com.google.gson.Gson.toJson(Gson.java:525)
    15. at com.google.gson.Gson.toJson(Gson.java:480)
    16. at com.google.gson.Gson.toJson(Gson.java:460)
    17. at com.massivecraft.factions.zcore.util.Persist.save(Persist.java:116)
    18. at com.massivecraft.factions.zcore.util.Persist.loadOrSaveDefault(Persist.java:80)
    19. at com.massivecraft.factions.zcore.util.Persist.loadOrSaveDefault(Persist.java:72)
    20. at com.massivecraft.factions.Conf.load(Conf.java:360)
    21. at com.massivecraft.factions.P.onEnable(P.java:86)
    22. at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
    23. at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:336)
    24. at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:386)
    25. at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:262)
    26. at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:244)
    27. at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:375)
    28. at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:362)
    29. at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:191)
    30. at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:426)
    31. at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

27. Offline

Ozelo

Is there a way to prevent a TNT ignited on wilderness to destroy territory land? I mean, I want factions to restore territory if destroyed by TNT and I want players to use TNT on wilderness. Factions work good, I just cant handle when people destroy faction land with TNT cannon and I dont want to disable TNT on wilderness. Please, advice.

28. Offline

kevinkat

can anybody help me???
    i tried to join somebody's faction(after i left my old faction and he invited me)
    and it said(after doing /f join warriormen) that i can only join normal factions and the
    faction that i was trying to join seems to be a system faction.
    the faction owner didn't get it either...
    i asked server owner and some moderators but nobody could help me :(
    anybody, please help me :(

29. Offline

CookieGamer100

Please make it so you can disable the Plugin in worlds like (world=Factions on) (plotworld=Factions off)
    Because factions interfars with my plotworld!the plot plugin i use is "plotme" Please add this to factions as i need it on my server! my seer is not small its 42 slots and done all plugins but not this one!

30. Offline

Hazel1

Good Plugin. Easy to use, and good to use to protect your, Spawn area. Thumbs up! [diamond]