Inactive [SEC] EpicZones v0.37 - Polygon Based Area Protection - Now with Economy Support! [1.3.1-R2.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jblaske, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Offline

jblaske

Features
    • Polygonal and Circular area creation. (Not just cuboids!)
    • In-game zone creation.
    • Provide a Circular border to your map.
    • Hierarchical Permissions with Child and Parent Zones.
    • Display Entering and Exiting messages in chat.
    • Enhanced /who
    • Advanced control of zone based regeneration
    • Many zone specific controls for things like Fire, Explosions and Mob spawning control

2. Offline

kyonabbeh

Hey. For what I'm using this for, I'd like to setup subgroups which are allowed access to new zones. However, I'm not sure of the best way of doing this. I did come up with something though.
    Everything except entry is false in config.
    What I came up with, is graph a circle with that info, and come up with six points on the edge of the circle.
    Go to point 0,0 create a zone, use /zone set radius (same as border)

That is my world zone. Everyone has access to the world zone, and every other zone is a child.

I do this so I can create subgroups for an area, called (name)resisdent, with build/destroy permissions. Now, instead of having to deny everyone, individually, you can add only the residents access.
    But by all means if there is an easier way let me know x3

3. Offline

Greylocke

I was thinking through the technicalities of assigning city blocks to individual players, when I thought 'why not just assign an MC chunk and avoid having to draw out accurate squares?'

It seems to me that being able to just one-click-assign an entire 16x16 area might be really handy. Anyone else have a use for a feature like this?

4. Offline

kenjamen

this plugin is vital to my server and thank you sir.

jblaske likes this.
  5. Offline

turtlelink2

Denying entry to a region does not actually deny entry, it simply teleports people back but its not frequent enough so players can push their way in, I know you would like me to submit a ticket but I am not currently on the computer with the required files.

6. Offline

revolucas

Is this efficient?

7. Offline

Kartus

i got serverlog error (#556) each time i activate FalseBook 0.77 and the IC-sign "MC1241" with redstone and got shot and damaged myself by arrows:
    Code:
    2011-03-26 16:50:34 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DAMAGED to EpicZones
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.LEntity.isPlayer(LEntity.java:128)
        at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.LEntity.onEntityDamage(LEntity.java:73)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$38.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:356)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityArrow.f_(EntityArrow.java:169)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1017)
        at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.a(WorldServer.java:53)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.f(World.java:999)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.d(World.java:976)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:354)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    any idea how to fix this errormessages? is this a problem of epiczones or FalseBook or something else?

8. Offline

quickclay

I start getting lots of [Severe] Can't move PLAYER_MOVE to EpicZones.... when players move to, or around in, the Nether. Is this a bug with Nether travel?

9. Offline

Jawsykilla

Hey, I've been using EpicZones for a few weeks now and it has been great. My only gripe is now I have so many zones that the permissions are getting hectic. Is there a way I can deny everyone from a zone then selectively allow the people I want? Because deny takes precedence this means I have to add deny permissions to everyone except my zone owner? Is there not a way to have a group permission to deny all zones and then in player permissions add .build and .destroy?

10. Offline

TheHamer

How do you know what shape you are making when you select points with the stick? is it corner to corner? or each individual square...

11. Offline

Diet Taco

@TheHamer Basically, if you mark 4 points in a square (one at each corner) it will form a square of protection, everything inside it. Same applies for complicated shapes, it protects the inside of all the points you pick, so be sure to close off your shape so you don't end up with something you don't want. I hope that makes sense.

@jblaske Can I ask when 0.19 is planned? I really need to make it so that players by default cannot build outside the wild (in towns/ect) unless they have the permission. The reason I can't do this right now is because deny permissions override allow permissions, meaning that if by default the player can't build in the town they cannot build in the town ever... Even if they have allow permissions... So yeah, news on 0.19 would be great because I really am looking forward to it.

12. Offline

quickclay

Whenever someone goes to the Nether while on my server, with Epic Zones installed and an active zone, I get TONS of the following error:
    2011-03-26 10:21:26 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to EpicZones
    at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.General.pointWithinBorder(General.java:449)
    at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.LPlayer.PlayerWithinZoneLogic(LPlayer.java:214)
    at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.LPlayer.onPlayerMove(LPlayer.java:80)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:192)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:124)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:76)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
    repeat x 100

Any ideas?

13. Offline

jblaske

@Diet Taco

I'm still waiting for a post 561 RB before I can release.

14. Offline

tha d0ctor

are you able to easily improt zones from Izone/Zmod?

15. Offline

Lolmewn

Oof. That hurts. Happened when I went to the Nether.
    This spammed my server -- a lot of times per seconds.
    Code:
    17:33:19 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_TELEPORT to EpicZones
            at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.General.pointWithinBorder(General.java:449)
            at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.LPlayer.PlayerWithinZoneLogic(LPlayer.java:214)
            at com.epicsagaonline.bukkit.EpicZones.LPlayer.onPlayerTeleport(LPlayer.java:112)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$8.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:197)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:271)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.teleportTo(CraftPlayer.java:165)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftEntity.teleportTo(CraftEntity.java:116)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.User.teleportToNow(User.java:593)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.commands.Commandtpohere.run(Commandtpohere.java:27)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.commands.EssentialsCommand.run(EssentialsCommand.java:45)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onCommand(Essentials.java:588)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:229)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:645)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:608)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:602)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:76)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Server almost died.

16. Offline

jblaske

Make sure you have a border set for your nether world.

17. Offline

Lolmewn

In the settings file?
    Like mapRadius: nether:1000?

18. Offline

jblaske

Yeah, it should have all of your worlds listed out on that line, with a radius for each of them.

19. Offline

Lolmewn

like mapRadius: world:10000:nether:10000
    or something?

20. Offline

jblaske

This is what mine looks like

mapRadius: world1:2250 oldworld:2250 newbiezone:100 Nether:2250

21. Offline

mau5

Will this plugin just not work if I have WorldGuard installed?
    The reason I ask is because the server that I'm trying to install this on is a multiplay server and the zones.txt file is a read only file, so i can't port my regions...
    When I try to use any of the commands nothing happens.

22. Offline

jblaske

I myself have WorldGuard running on my server along side EpicZones. They don't conflict.

Your zones.txt being read only, will make it so you can't create zones in game.

23. Offline

staticfactory

Use Deny as your default and then add .build and .destroy to the users/groups you wish to allow.

24. Offline

jblaske

Version 0.19

I decided not to update the permissions structure in this version, as Its going to be necessary for many people to upgrade to this version, i didn't want to force that work on admins.

I will be re-vamping how permissions work in the next version (0.20)

Updates that did happen:
    • Added Sanctuary flag
    • Added Owners
    • Improved Fire Suppression
    • You will no longer take damage from an explosion if a zone is marked for no explosions
    • You will no longer take burning damage in a zone that is marked for no fire
    • Lots of other little things I can't remember.

You can only set PLAYERS as owners, not groups. If a player is an owner of the zone, they cannot be denied any permissions in that zone. They also get access to the /zone commands when editing the zone they own.

If a zone is flagged for sanctuary, then players can not be dealt damage of any form. All damage on players is cancelled in sanctuary zones.

25. Offline

Stormangels

Hello i have a problem:[EpicZones] error starting: PLAYER_INTERACT Disabling plugin
    [EpicZones] version 0.19 is disabled.

plz can u help me?

26. Offline

jblaske

Are you using a recommended build 600+ ?

27. Offline

p4ndepravity

I looked for a bit on the posts here, but didn't find anyone asking about global and zone pvp. If i have to enable pvp in my server.properties file then pvp is enabled everywhere except where i disable it. i'm curious if there is a way to have pvp disabled globally and only have it enabled in 1 zone?

28. Offline

jblaske

PVP Enabled in Server.Properties
    PVP Disabled in EpicZones config.yml
    PVP Enabled in specific zone

That should do it for you.

29. Offline

p4ndepravity

i figured, I don't have a pvp option in my config.yml i just need to update =\ thanks

30. Offline

lapzoo

/zone flag mobs none
    JUST DOESN'T WORK :(
    It shows me the list again and again of what I can do!

Okay sry, I forgot to type in /zone edit City :)

31. Offline

jblaske

you have to get into edit mode first.

/zone edit <tag>

then you can do the /zone flag mobs none