Inactive [SEC] CreeperHeal v4.13 - Repair Creeper damage, the natural way! [1.2.5]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Nitnelave, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Nitnelave

CreeperHeal

The project in now on BukkitDev! Go there to find all the news, downloads, error reporting, and everything else!

2. Offline

Cultist O

exactly, that was my understanding (and hope) as well, we want regular TNT to act like regular TNT (blow up cause permanent damage) but trap TNT to replace itself and it's damage.

Are you saying that the idea of the traps is just to chose which TNT replaces itself and has no real effect on whether it does damage to the world or not? If so I would really love for our interpretation to become possible. I don't know much about the coding involved, but I would assume that our config would also end up being the easiest way to do it that way.

Thanks either way, at least we know what's going on now.

3. Offline

Nitnelave

@Imazon Yes, I think 4's the way to go... But I'm no longer developping new features for this plugin... If @redpois0n feels like doing, it, maybe? But it doesn't seem like he wants to update it for now (unless I'm wrong? tell me!).

@Cultist O Hmm... It should be the way it works. I may have screwed up that part of the code. I'll maybe have a look at it, if redpoison doesn't update soon.

4. Offline

Tex©

5. Offline

redpois0n

i porting this to bukkitdev

6. Offline

Nitnelave

Nice! so you are going to update after all! Thanks! Well, guys, someone's taken over, I'm going to slowly fade from the scene...

7. Offline

Nananea

Not sure if this is because of the current Bukkit 1139 but Creeper Heal is not saving it's config settings. I have to keep adding the new world to the config file manually after each restart :(

8. Offline

Nitnelave

Are you using a multi-world plugin? if so, look at the top post about adding dependencies.

9. Offline

Nananea

That's part of the problem actually. Since the config never saves correctly I cannot add the softdepend: line to the config. I have a feeling this is all on Bukkit's end but I'm not sure why it would suddenly do that.

I am using Multiverse-Core but all my old pre-1.8 worlds are in the config file currently.

10. Offline

Nitnelave

You don't add the softdepend line in the config, you add it in the plugin.yml inside CreeperHeal.jar

11. Offline

Nananea

Ah, okay I'll try that sorry. Thank you! I'll post again and let you know what happens.

EDIT: Yes, now it's working...THANK YOU!

12. Offline

livepoolfc1

heres an idea - In the 1.8 update there are stonebricks and cracked stonebricks. if a creeper explodes some stone bricks than you should make the regen be cracked stone brick! and possibly the same with smoothstone and cobblesone!

13. Offline

Nitnelave

I'll add an option for that... If I ever update this plugin again... Once again, sorry guys, but I have too much work this year to be actively developing.

14. Offline

l104693

Thanks for this plug-in!

15. Offline

Nitnelave

Ok, @redpois0n I think I can find some time to dev once in a while, so I'll keep CreeperHeal alive. I'm going to create a project in BukkitDev, but you're welcome to fork if you still feel like it. Sorry to have troubled you. Everyone, CreeperHeal is soon going to be on BukkitDev, so look for it there!

Ok, guys, the new project is here : http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/creeperheal-nitnelave/
    @Cultist O sorry, but because of a Bukkit bug, I can't do what you want, otherwise it would have DREADFUL consequences (like some damage not getting replaced leaving a big hole in the ground).

Oh, and could someone make me a nice image to put in the forum for CreeperHeal please?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  16. Offline

redpois0n

ok thanks i got much less time now thanks by school, so its very hard

17. Offline

Nitnelave

well, while you're at it, could you report the thread to pass back ownership to me? in case I want to modify it a little.

18. Offline

Jakky89

I'm glad to hear that development will be continued :)
    I have been looked for such a plugin for a long time. With this, I don't need to rollback creeper-destructions manually anymore. Thank you for this plugin!

I really like the idea of slowly rollback creeper-destructions block-by-block.

19. Offline

Worlther

Today i get this errror, on CraftBukkit #1060.
    Code:
    2011-09-21 19:14:06 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_EXPLODE to CreeperHeal

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.nitnelave.CreeperHeal.CreeperListener.onEntityExplode(CreeperListener.java:32)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$62.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:677)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at net.minecraft.server.Explosion.a(Explosion.java:195)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.createExplosion(World.java:1481)
        at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.createExplosion(WorldServer.java:145)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityCreeper.a(EntityCreeper.java:118)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityCreature.c_(EntityCreature.java:64)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.v(EntityLiving.java:685)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityMonster.v(EntityMonster.java:26)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.m_(EntityLiving.java:218)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityMonster.m_(EntityMonster.java:30)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityCreeper.m_(EntityCreeper.java:68)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.entityJoinedWorld(World.java:1212)
        at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.entityJoinedWorld(WorldServer.java:48)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.playerJoinedWorld(World.java:1194)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.cleanUp(World.java:1110)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:449)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

20. Offline

Nitnelave

Let me guess... You are using a multi world plugin, and did not add the softdepend line in the plugin.yml... Read the big bold red warning at the top of the first post please.

21. Offline

ZerothAngel

For your next build, it might be worth it to include the softdepend option in your plugin.yml. Just list all multi-world plugins (or at least, the popular ones). There can't be that many... right? :)

Though it's probably cleaner (and better for the long run) to change how you store per-world options. Maybe break them out into separate files -- and never delete them even if the world seems missing when your plugin is enabled.

22. Offline

Worlther

Yep, but it's strange. A don't make any changes in cfg of my server, and error did not occur never before. Anyway Thanks and sorry :)

23. Offline

Cultist O

LAME, that kinna makes the trap function useless for us (we allow mining and demo with TNT) but thanks anyway, the primary function is still awesome. Do you know if Bukkit is likely to fix this particular bug?

24. Offline

swordxh

i have XcraftGate as multiworld plugin but if i add
    softdepend: [XcraftGate] on plugin.yml

it gave me the same error as Worlther

25. Can you add Enderman support when a Enderman steal a block than the block replace

26. Offline

Nitnelave

No. It should be done in another plugin.
    I might add the soft-depend. Won't it prevent the plugin from loading if the plugin is not found? And I'd like to keep the config as is, as a rewrite would take me more time than I can afford.
    I'm sorry for you. I'm trying to see if I can myself contribute and implement the change I need, but that may take a while.
    Are you sure it's the exact name of the jar in your plugins folder (with the case)?

27. Offline

Tim Visee

28. Offline

ZerothAngel

It shouldn't, given the difference between "depend" and "softdepend."
    Doesn't even need a total rewrite. The code just needs to stop "forgetting" about worlds present in config.yml that don't happen to be up when CreeperHeal is enabled. Yeah, easier said than done, and I haven't really looked at your code in depth yet. But if you had that, you and your users wouldn't have to worry about the softdepend nonsense.

29. Offline

Nitnelave

It actually reads the config based on the world the server has registered. Thus, if it loads before the multiworld plugin, it doesn't read the config for the other worlds. But a solution that springs to my mind is that when trying to read the config for a world that hasn't been detected, try to read the config from the file at this point. It would then work regardless of the multiworld plugin. I'll see when I have time to do that.

30. Offline

raveious

please update for 1.8.1 and if you could have it replace enderman blocks that would be so cool

31. Offline

Nananea

Endermen will stop moving blocks soon anyways (1.9). Why waste time implementing it into a plugin just to remove it a week or two later? :(