Inactive [SEC] BigBrother 1.11.0 - Catch griffers red-handed [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by N3X15, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

N3X15

[​IMG]
    Important Crap

I'm done, but BB isn't.
    I've got 10 developers on the contributors' list who supposedly want to help, but I haven't heard a word from them since the day I added them. BigBrother's so full of bugs now that I don't know where to start, and I simply don't have the time or patience to work on it anymore. If you want something that works, pick up LogBlock. I'm fucking done. I updated it to "run" on 1060, but that's as far as I'm taking this. If you still want to help, email me at [email protected] and give me a rundown of your experience in coding plugins so I know you'll do something.​
    UPDATE: 3 developers have been added to the repo, but I'm waiting for them to get familiarized and start committing before I declare this crisis over. I appreciate the support and help that has been thrown this way. If you'd still like to help, but don't know how to code, there are many other ways to contribute. See the Contributors section for more info.​

Version: 1.11.0
    Original Author: tkelly910

Contributors
    • Development Team
      • N3X15
      • Mafio
      • FalconGaming
    • Quality Assurance (QA) Team (Testing, ONLY ON LATEST RB*!)
      • N3X15
      • Mineral
      • All of the poor bastards on the 7chan.org minecraft server + other dev servers
      • *NOTE: Unless EvilSeph or other bukkit devs indicate an RB is imminent, e.g. within the next week.
    • Bug Triage (Sorting through bugs, marking duplicates, closing, prioritizing)
      • N3X15
    • Documentation (Wiki, FAQ, other stuff people will read)
      • N3X15
    • MORE NEEDED. PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN TESTING OR DEVELOPING.
    Introduction

BigBrother is a powerful plugin that enables you to investigate roll back griefing via a large and all-knowing database. You have a choice between using immensely powerful commands to search an area for changes, or you can whack a block with a stick or place a log to see changes within a single block.

• /bb log - Gives you the BigBrother Multipurpose Tool, or a simple log. Hit something with it to see changes in that spot, and place it if the block you're check is non-solid, like water, lava or air.
    • /bb done - Removes the log from your inventory, and gives you back any items it replaced.
    • Want to check an entire area? Use /bb here to list who changed what!
    • Need to roll back EvilGuy and DoucheBug's edits? Use /bb rollback EvilGuy DoucheBug!
      • Have to roll back edits up to 5 minutes ago? Simple! /bb rollback t:5m
      • Need to only roll back within a certain radius? /bb rollback r:<radius-in-blocks>
      • Roll back specific actions with /bb rollback a:10,BLOCK_PLACE
    • If you screw up, /bb undo
    • (NEW) /bb history "Suspicious Guy" to see that player's recent history! (add pg:# to go to page #)
    • Mow your lawn with /bb mowlawn!
    See the full list of commands and Permissions nodes here.

Screenshots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG](Yes, stationary_* and regular blocks got reversed, this is fixed.)​
    [​IMG]

Need Help?

• What version of CraftBukkit and BigBrother? If you don't know, type /version and /bb version.
    • What database engine are you using? Look at the value for database.type in BigBrother.yml. I use MySQL on my server and test on H2.
    • Do you get any errors? If so, please link to a pastebin with your server.log
    • What steps do I have to take to reproduce this behavior?
    • What other plugins are you using?
    Known Issues
    • Everything listed here
    • ItemCraft is not supported due to it sending unexpected NULLs via Block.getType(). Can be fixed by adding a new enum value for unknown blocks.
    • Bugs everywhere, stopped counting.
    Coming Soon
    • /bb history - Gets the history of a player
    • Fixed /bb update
    • Updated API
    • Externally accessible API
    • Custom Action IDs (for WorldEdit support, etc.)
    More Information

IRC: Support/Chatter/Developer Jive @ irc.7chan.org #bigbrother (Moved so my build notification bot has an easier time notifying multiple channels)

Changelog
    BigBrother 1.11.0 Changelog
    • Centralize and update bystander checks.
    • Fix parsing errors in DeltaChest
    • Clarify /bb log
    • Fix sign lines being too far down
    • Add command censoring (for people worried about xAuth and the like)
    • Fix pagination capping
    • Fix an error in DeltaChest reading
    • Add ?autoReconnect=true to the MySQL DSN
    • Remove all H2 support
    • Removed /bb stick from /bb help since it is now obsolete
    • Fixed it so commands that work won't say commands not recognized after they already work
    • Fixed the issue of when you had the /bb log if you broke something it would not record the break even if you were watched
    • Now if the user tries to find the history of an invalid user it won't throw null errors.
    • Yell at the users if they don't follow the setup procedure
    • Should fix most of the errors dealing with the log and watch/unwatch problems
    • Update README
    1.10.0+ (open)

BigBrother 1.10.1 Changelog
    • Fix a rollback SQL syntax error
    • Fix explosion logging
    • Clarify database trimming message in log
    • Fix /bb history
    • Continue rolling back incorrectly-logged BlockBurns, if the data field is unparsable, default to 0.
    • Fix Heartbeat logging
    • Fix SuperPerms support.
    BigBrother 1.10.0 Changelog

New Features:
    • Brand new plugin API! (Wiki)
    • Database change. There is now a converter, but you might still lose data!
    • Compact chest changes: (+Added)(=Replaced)(-Removed)
    • Heartbeat Action: Logs users online and the current time, both to keep your database connection open, and for monitoring of your server's uptime!
    • Piston Actions!
    • Bukkit Superperms support!
    • RB 1000 support!
    • /bb history!
    • Formatting fix for rollbacks
    • A buttload of NPE fixes
    Bugfixes:

• [BB-81] Rollback doesn't work because of empty data-values
    • [BB-78/BB-69] onPickupItem/onDropItem NPEs
    • Memory leak fix (Thanks to Wootalyzer!)
    BigBrother 1.9.1:

• Use BlockSpreadEvent for tracking fires (later told by EvilSeph that there's no current way to track fire in Bukkit)
    • Display a "Permission Denied" to users trying to use commands with insufficient priviliges instead of silently failing.
    • Add /bb mowlawn.
    • Fix stupid mixup between String.format usage on C# and Java in DeltaChest
    • Automatically update plugin.yml via Maven (internal crap)
    BigBrother 1.9

• Support for 928+
    • NEW: Lava/Water/Fire flow logging (AND ACTUALLY TESTED, FOR ONCE!)
    • NEW: a: directive for rollbacks, for specifying comma-delimited action IDs to track
    • Lots and lots of bugfixes.
    • Marginally better H2 support
    • More automated tests
    • Standardized QA tests (ongoing)

2. Offline

robinjam

When I try to roll back water damage, the rollback operation also removes a bunch of blocks that it shouldn't. No errors appear in the log. I made a video to demonstrate:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-CDt220X5o
    This is on a CraftBukkit #968. The same thing happens on both my test server and my production server.
    Oh, and I'm using MySQL as the backend for BigBrother.
    Is there any way to fix this? Is it a bug, or a configuration problem?

3. ok... so block.getWorld().getName() is the name of the block?
    EDIT: nvm, i knew it was the world name :p

4. Offline

ArmEagle

Recently players have been reporting blocks are gone missing. Maybe there are griefers using pistons in some way, but I don't think that's the case. We are running the special craftbukkit build for 1.7.3 and are still behind on BB, using 1.9.0.

What's happening is that using BB stick, some of the 'missing blocks' are showing reports like:
    "playername flowing dirt". In these cases there was indeed placed water around. But that entry doesn't make any sense.

If anyone else is seeing issues like that, please let me know. Maybe we'll just have to revert to the latest craftbukkit RB, running MC 1.7.2.

5. Offline

Jacek

hey, I run a very small server with around 10 players.

Recently I have noticed that BB does not seem to log everything that it should, for example a new building sprang up and nobody online knew who made it so I tried to use BB to find out and non of the blocks showed any edits.

This has happened in a few cases where something has obviously changed and nothing goes in the log.

Any ideas ?

6. Offline

fysics

Put something related to this in the bug tracker so N3X15 will see it for sure.

7. Offline

RchGrav

8. Offline

Theon52

what are the permissions for this? will it default yo OPs?

9. Offline

Saidy99

Outstanding plugin, a must have and extremely powerful and easy to use. I recommend this for ANY server owner!

10. Offline

jor956

When I'm trying to view the logs of a chest, nothing shows up, any ideas why?

11. Offline

guyasyou

Tell me, because of what may be this error:
    Code:
    Could not pass event BLOCK_FROMTO to BigBrother
    java.lang.NullPointerException

at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.listeners.BBBlockListener.onBlockFromTo(BBBlockListener.java:162)

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$29.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:441)

at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)

at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)

at net.minecraft.server.BlockFlowing.a(BlockFlowing.java:134)

at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1965)

at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1705)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:441)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

So BB is working, but this error slows the server.
    Since H2 is working properly.
    CraftBukkit 953; BigBrother 1.9.1; data type MySQL;
    Plugins: AdvancedBans, AuthMe, Backup, BigBrother, CommandBook, dynmap, Gastronomic, iChat, iConomy, Jail, LWC, mcMMO, RemoteToolkitPlugin, Minequery, Permissions, WorldEdit, Citizens.

12. Offline

Jake Radcliff

BigBrother is having trouble starting. I have MySQL running, and I think it is configured correctly. It has worked in the past, even with the same CraftBukkit build and the same BigBrother build.
    Code:
    2011-07-11 01:15:47 [INFO] [BBROTHER] ------------------------------------
    2011-07-11 01:15:47 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Hello, and thank you for using the TESTING version of BigBrother!
    2011-07-11 01:15:47 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Please note that, since this is far from complete, there will be many bugs.
    2011-07-11 01:15:47 [INFO] [BBROTHER] IF YOU FIND ANY BUGS, PLEASE REPORT THEM ON http://bugs.nexisonline.net/bb
    2011-07-11 01:15:47 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Please stay tuned in irc.esper.net #bigbrother for updates and build notifications.
    2011-07-11 01:15:47 [INFO] [BBROTHER] ------------------------------------
    2011-07-11 01:15:47 [SEVERE] [BBROTHER] Your database settings are probably incorrect:
    java.sql.SQLException: invalid database address: jdbc:jdc:jdcpool
        at org.sqlite.JDBC.createConnection(JDBC.java:74)
        at org.sqlite.JDBC.connect(JDBC.java:64)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:207)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.datasource.BBDB.reconnect(BBDB.java:192)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.BigBrother.onEnable(BigBrother.java:114)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:857)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:264)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:151)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:136)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
    2011-07-11 01:15:47 [SEVERE] Error occurred while disabling BigBrother v1.9.1-SNAPSHOT (Is it up to date?): null
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.datasource.BBDB.shutdown(BBDB.java:124)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.BigBrother.onDisable(BigBrother.java:73)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:128)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.disablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:878)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:280)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.BigBrother.onEnable(BigBrother.java:117)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:857)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:264)
    2011-07-11 01:15:47 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling BigBrother v1.9.1-SNAPSHOT (Is it up to date?): null
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.datasource.BBDB.tableExists(BBDB.java:145)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.tablemgrs.DBTable.tableExists(DBTable.java:31)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.tablemgrs.BBDataTable.<init>(BBDataTable.java:59)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.tablemgrs.BBDataMySQL.<init>(BBDataMySQL.java:17)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.tablemgrs.BBDataTable.getInstance(BBDataTable.java:43)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.BigBrother.onEnable(BigBrother.java:121)

13. Offline

N3X15

I'm pretty sure most of them are released. If you find any that aren't, please let me know ASAP.

Right now, you can only see them if you either have an external tool, like bbStats, or if you happen to stick a block where someone was standing while chatting. The upcoming /bb history tool will let you see individual users' chat history.
    Yep.

Should be fixed by the next update. Thanks for the report.

Please pastebin your BigBrother.yml.

14. Offline

foldagerdk

Just wanna point out that it says "Griffers" in the title!

15. Offline

ArmEagle

I just wanna point you to the search feature at the top of any forum page.

16. Offline

OZ4RK

Please somebody help! BigBrother was known to cause Illegal access errors with permissions 3.x. Supposedly it was fixed. However when I installed the newer version of BB i got severe errors regarding all my plugins and permissions was unable to load.
    I'm just not sure. If anybody can share any insight it would be greatly appreciated!

17. Offline

Sh8kezula

18. Offline

DaBari

I tried to rollback based on time and got this:
    Code:
    2011-07-11 13:20:16 [WARNING] [BBROTHER] Caught exception when rolling back a BLOCK_BURN
    java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Byte.parseByte(Unknown Source)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.datablock.BlockBurn.rollback(BlockBurn.java:50)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.rollback.Rollback$RollbackByTick.run(Rollback.java:236)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:438)
    2011-07-11 13:20:16 [WARNING] [BBROTHER] Caught exception when rolling back a BLOCK_BURN
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.rollback.Rollback$RollbackByTick.run(Rollback.java:236)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)

Any idea what this is about? Also is it possible to have it so that fire that has spread traces back to who started it? Currently only the block that was originally lit shows up for the player.

19. Offline

willystylee

has anyone else experienced massive amounts of chunk curruption using BB? I'm not trying to point any fingers, but it's happening to us and we're trying to single out the problem and find the source...

20. Offline

ArmEagle

Hmm, what 'dev builds' mentioned in the top post are meant. The BB devbuilds, or the CB devbuilds for Minecraft 1.7.3.

21. Offline

willystylee

sorry, what? i think i know what you mean... the stuff "important crap"? is that what you meant? That has to do with my worlds corrupting? sorry just a bit confused.

22. Offline

ArmEagle

Oh sorry. I shouldn't have quoted you there. I wanted to point you to that top post and that remark, it possibly causing the issues.

We were running the 1.7.3 supporting build of CraftBukkit ourselves (and BB 1.9) and saw some weird stuff going on, as I mentioned before. Like blocks disappearing and BigBrother having inconsistent entries (player flowing dirt, etc.).

It seems we rolled back to the CB#953 RB successfully ourselves. Hopefully that fixed our issues and didn't introduce any new ones.

23. Offline

willystylee

Ok well i guess i'll just wait it out. Makes me more comfortable knowing where the issue likely came from. Thanks again!

24. Offline

ArmEagle

So euh.. - sorry for being so incoherent - I didn't mean to quote you there because I first wanted to know whether N3X15 actually meant these 1.7.3 dev builds. Though I don't think there's any other 'dev builds' (I thought for a moment that the 1.9* builds of BigBrother were some test builds themselves. But I don't think that's the case).

25. Offline

bigggan

I have a couple of questions:
    1. What is /bb watched, /bb unwatched and such? /bb watched is full of names i never put there.(Or is it supposed to be flooded with names?)
    2. Some players arent logged in bb stick, how do i make them watched?( is this related to /bb unwatched?)
    3. How can i increase edit save time?

26. Offline

Bronski

*nag*

27. Offline

Ratarn

How to prevent that Player spam "/bb log" to get Wood?
    Maybe integrate an CoolDown?

28. Offline

Rorato

Alright, so I have no idea what is wrong with BigBrother, but I guess it just decided not to work anymore. It's been running just fine, but I noticed that my front door was open, so I went to check who did it by typing /bb here, but when I did, it gave me the error for unrecognized command and told me to try /bb help, but when I do that, I get this in my log:
    Code:
    2011-07-12 11:41:59 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling BigBrother v1.9.1-SNAPSHOT (Is it up to date?): com/nijikokun/bukkit/Permissions/Permissions
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijikokun/bukkit/Permissions/Permissions
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.BBPermissions.setupPermissions(BBPermissions.java:65)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.BBPermissions.initialize(BBPermissions.java:40)
        at me.taylorkelly.bigbrother.BigBrother.onEnable(BigBrother.java:143)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    What's the problem? I see now that I look at it that it says that it's Permissions fault, but it was working with it before just fine...

[​IMG]
    My Plugins

29. Offline

Fabis94

Hmm can you help me guys? No matter what different rollback combinations I tried, BB didn't help at all. Some guy had made huge lava walls around the server and burned lots of stuff down. When I rolled back just nothing changed. The lava walls were still there, houses were still destroyed. Looks like BB only works when rolling back small scale stuff :(

30. Offline

Bubylou

how much stress would this plugin put on a server. logging every actions seems like it would be very server intensive.

31. Offline

blaize9

well on my old server with these specs HD 80gb, core 2 duo, ddr2 800 6gigs of ram.
    it works without a problem

now on my new one 25000k rpm 120gb, 4 quad core, 36gigs of ram.
    still works the same as my old server

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.