[SEC/ADMN/MECH] Road Protector v0.1.3 - Simple plugin to protect areas [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by fromgate, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Offline

fromgate Retired Staff

v0.1.0 features video:

2. Offline

KrazyFries

I love the plugin and think its a great idea but i have a few points.....
    1) When using the commands /rp exbreak or /rp explace they work but you have to manually reset the blocks if you want to remove them (in the config file) because if you have previously made a specific block placeable or breakable and you want to reset it so you can't place /destroy it, when you try /rp exbreak it just lets you break anything... :confused:
    Correct me if im wrong :p
    2) I love the ability to set the messages when attempting to place / destroy and the compatibility with the mc colour codes works great, but is it possible to set the prefix as well? e.g. default is [RP] <message> but i would like to change the [RP] or even remove it if that is possible?
    Overall it is an awesome plugin and i recommend anyone viewing this post tries it out, but they are just some ideas I have thought about in game.
    From KrazyFries

3. Offline

fromgate Retired Staff

KrazyFries

Hello, thank you for your message and suggestion.

1. Command /rp explace <id1,di2,..idN> and /rp exbreak <id1,di2,..idN> are setting up exclusion blocks, that any player can place and break in protected area. This feature created for allowing player to create a farms in protected area.
    If you need to build and destroy something in your area for a moment, you can enable edit-mode (command /rp edit) build/destroy anything you want and then disable edit mode (again /rp edit)
    And you may find useful command /rp crmode - when this mode enabled all players in creative mode can build in protected area.
    2. Prefix mean the "RoadProtector". Hmmm... I'll do something with it :)

4. Offline

KrazyFries

Im being really picky here and i don't mind if you disregard this message but i was wondering if you could maybe set it so non ops can use this plugin and be able to place inside ONLY THEIR AREA? because if they do /rp edit they can edit everything... :(

5. Offline

fromgate Retired Staff

KrazyFries, now it's not possible yet: plugin did not store any information about protected area at files or any kind of databases. It just check is there's a "protector" around a player. Now RoadProtector is not a "private" plugin, it just provide a "protection", so you don't need to grant permission "roadprotector.edit" to all users.
    In future I'm planning to add more options (and change a way of protections) but I cannot predict when this features will be added.

6. Offline

fromgate Retired Staff

7. Offline

fromgate Retired Staff

8. Offline

fromgate Retired Staff

9. Offline

fromgate Retired Staff

10. Offline

Gold_Squadron

Can you add people to your protection

11. Offline

fromgate Retired Staff

Gold_Squadron
    "add people"?? What you mean? RoadProtect is a protecting plugin, not a private. All protection are bounded to protectors block. I think it not possible yet to add people to the... bedrock block :)

12. Offline

fromgate Retired Staff

RoadProtector is not "Inactive". It fully compatible with 1.4.7-R1.0 and latest dev. builds of craftbukkit (1.5.1-R0.1)

13. Offline

Exit151

Any chance of this being updated (or does it already work with) 1.7.2 (1.7.x)? Can anyone verify whether they use this plugin on a 1.7.x server?

14. Offline

fromgate Retired Staff

Exit151 likes this.