Search on dev.bukkit should put plugins first

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Don Redhorse, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Don Redhorse

Hi,

please change the way the search works...

if I search for essentials, vault etc. I don't want to click through 10 pages of messages or other plugins till I find the plugin.

search should put plugins with the search term in the name first, afterwards the rest.

It is easier to find the plugin via google than with the build in search.

Tanite and efstajas like this.
  2. Offline

TnT

3. Offline

efstajas

4. Offline

Don Redhorse

well when I'm on dev.bukkit why should I go to a different page.

also on that matter... why not just search BOTH sites at the same time on plugins.bukkit.org?

5. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

If you just want to search server mods, then search from the server mods page filter ;)

6. Offline

Don Redhorse

ok... in this case... thanks for the tip btw... please add all the filter options also to the normal search

7. Offline

desht

Now there's a good example of a poor UI:
    • Go to server mods
    • See a bar with "Server Mods" on the left, and a search box on the left - looks good so far...
    • Enter your search and curse (haha) as the global search is used instead of searching server mods
    • Curse again as you realise the search button is hidden inside the closed-by-default "Filters" box, which although it has a padlock to keep it open, never remembers that between browser sessions (haven't these people ever heard of cookies?)

troed likes this.
  8. Offline

Tanite

I agree, the "Server Mods" search should not include messages by default. Even the word "Filters" is very non-user-friendly. How about just "Search"?

Also, the World Generators category seems entirely broken (2 pages of plugins that don't appear to have anything to do with generation):

http://plugins.bukkit.org/curseforge/#ti=&ta=world-generators&au=&pno=0

The "Subscription" button is also not terribly obvious as to what it does (something incredibly useful and even important --see sig). I'm left thinking about paying for magazines...

9. Offline

Sayshal

Op is right, so is desht. You have to search through, or search something random then hit server-mods then type in the plugin. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.