Scrolling boss bar?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by BappleCraftColt, May 8, 2014.

1. Offline

BappleCraftColt

I recently saw a plugin on a server (IP - Eu.lightpvp.net) It had text scrolling on a boss bar
    Like actually moving.. I don't think the plugin is public,I couldn't find anything about it..

Pictures: http://imgur.com/ykr0bNY,A9FeIx9,6G1Lj2A
    Though your better off just joining the server to get a better example..

I'm pretty sure theres a text limit for boss bars,I think it's a max of 64 characters,So they must be just showing boss bars over and over just starting each one's text off at were the last one left off..

Anybody willing to make a simplier version of this,So I don't have to use something to keep adding and removing boss bars?

The idea:

Name doesn't matter

Permissions don't matter to me,unless someone else wants them added

I'm thinking just a config were you can set sentece's any size and how long to display the boss bar for total.
    So if I set it at like 5 seconds but its kinda long,It would go by fast

Also support for multiple messages
    So It can go from a few sentece's to more and more

The plugin would of course have to split the sentece at each 64 characters.

GrandmaJam likes this.
  2. Offline

mactown21

"I'm pretty sure theres a text limit for boss bars,I think it's a max of 64 characters,So they must be just showing boss bars over and over just starting each one's text off at were the last one left off.." - This is what they do..

Your not able to change the text size, but can add effect like bold or italics.If your a plugin developer, your able to make it using BarApi. which can be found on bukkit plugins.I will make this plugin shortly for you if i have time

Also check out http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/boss-bar-automessage/ -! im not for sure if they have the scrolling text, but give it a try, If it dosent then i will start working on the plugin for you

3. Offline

Crud41

Sooooo basically, you want us to rip off another server's idea so you could use it on your own? I don't see how that's fair to them and to the Devs who made that plugin. Copying off another server on here is severely frowned upon, I highly doubt anyone will take on this plugin.
    mactown21 BappleCraftColt

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Scrolling bar was also on my mind, and I barely play on other servers.

RAFA_GATO_FOFO likes this.
  5. Offline

Jaaakee224

Crud41
    Actually this isn't another servers idea, I have seen this multiple times on several different servers. Although he took a picture from a different server that doesn't mean it was the servers idea.

6. Offline

stuntguy3000

This is not copying.

Scrolling text has been around since the dawn of time, and is nothing new. This is a simple request to make it happen.

GrandmaJam likes this.
  7. Offline

Crud41

stuntguy3000

It's not about the scrolling text, It's about the logic of going on servers, taking someone else's idea and telling people to copy it, not going to go into too much detail here, it is more of personal preference that everyone attempts to be as original as possible. Once again, personal opinion.

8. Offline

Onlineids

There are over 1000 factions servers prison servers kitpvp hub, trust me nothing is original anymore. Who cares

dentych likes this.
  9. Offline

Crud41

Onlineids
    (I don't really care, just trying to promote creativity because without creativity, there will be nothing new.)

10. Offline

tcvs

Crud41 Just cause it is not a new idea does not mean that it can not be done in an innovative way. Most things are just a better thing of another thing.

11. Offline

LordFox

yeah it isnt really coping, unless you want somone to make you like a exact copy of the walls plugin...eheheh
    @tcvs

12. Offline

Alster551

I know there is a plugin on bukkit dev, but i cant think of what it is called

13. Offline

elkidz