Sci-fi Laser gun

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Jamesol1, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jamesol1

Minecraft version: 1.11

Suggested name: Laser Gun

What I want: Something similar to the laser beam projectile that Daleks from Dr-Who shoot out. I have no idea on the limitations of this kind of thing. But anything close to the beam of the minecraft beacon would be great (but of course not as thick... it would be like a narrow rectangle projectile. Again to emphasis... i have no idea on what is possible.. but anything that could resemble a laser beam projectile.

Worse case scenario i suppose one could edit the skin of a minecraft arrow to look like a beam (I could have a go at that) but of course I wouldn't want it to sound like an arrow being shot. I will try making a 3D gun skin for the plugin which would mean the arrow would also have to shoot out of that in a realistic way (if that is possible)? But the speed of the ''laser beam'' would i suppose kind of suck and almost defeat the purpose of the gun so... maybe not.

If there is a plugin that isn't too heavy weight that could cover this feel free to let me know.

Ideas for commands: /lasergun give (playername)
    Ideas for permissions: player.use.lasergun

When I'd like it by: Whenever possible.

2. Offline

Zenya4

Maybe its possible to use the beam the guardian shoots out?

3. Offline

mccrafter1212

I agree with @Zenya4 -- I'll definitely be looking into if it's possible to use the beam the guardian shoots. Although, I will not be fulfilling this plugin request. I do like the idea for a laser gun though and I'll probably make a plugin that includes a recipe to craft one, as well as the actual laser gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.