Scale blocks/Set Items like Blocks

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Typ, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

I want to make a special plugin, where you Can Set different blocks together to make for example a table, or a chair... you mustn't understand this xD

However, I've got some Ideas how to realize it, and some questions. I hope you Can help me:
    - First, can I scale blocks, for example The size, so that they habe for example only The half length
    - Can I Set The blocks not on "füll positions" where blocke Are normaly (x = 10), but on a special position like x = 10.5
    -can i change a blocks direction, for example that The grass from a grassblock is on the side not on the up
    - and The last: Can I Set Items like a sword, so that they Are for example hanging on the wall

I know, all this questions Are not so easy to understand, without knowing, what I want tobdo, but I hope you know what I mean, else please ask me!
    Hopefully someone Can help me!

P.S. Sry for wrong grammatik, I'm not an English or American and this is hard to explain for me.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Typ Scaling is not possible as far as I know, nor are those special positions (without messing with fallingsand)
    Direction is client side.
    Armorstand should be able to help with that.

FisheyLP likes this.
  3. oh, thats a really very good idea! I Can use armor stands, an give them items in their hands, make them invisible and put them on the locations, so that The result is a New decoration, such as a desk :D thank you very mich!

But now i habe got a New question: I know, there is a plugin, you Can give them different poses (hold one arm up or put a foot to The front), unfortunely I don't know its name. But isthere also a API you Can use to do that, or will I have to do it all by maself? And how?

4. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Typ
    You have to use EularAngles. It is basically the same thing as Vectors. If you have ever worked with changing a player's velocity, then you should know how to use EularAngles to change where arms are pointing.

5. You can also use the armour stands head and mini head to help with different sizes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.